Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Nigerian Ruti Olajugbagbe Wins The Voice UK 2018 (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Ruti Olajugbagbe Wins The Voice UK 2018 (photos) (480 Views)

First And Second Looks Of Nina Ivy At AMVCA 2018 (Photos) / Tiwa Savage's Outfit To The Headies 2018 (Photos) / Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Ruti Olajugbagbe Wins The Voice UK 2018 (photos) by breakinggrounds: 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2018
GIST FROM WAKABOBO.COM

A Nigerian lady Ruti Olajugbagbe has won the 2018 edition of The Voice UK.

18-year-old Ruti Olajugbagbe was crowned the winner of The Voice 2018 on Saturday night beating runner-up Donel Mangena. Ruti broke down in tears after host Emma Willis announced her as the winner, with her coach Sir Tom Jones gushing earlier in the show that is a ‘wonderful, magical, sincere’ singer.

Speaking after her victory Ruti said:

‘I wasn’t expecting this… I didn’t expect to get to the blind audition, I don’t know what to say!’

Runner-up Donel was equally gracious as he congratulated Ruti on her victory, saying:

‘Thank you so much. I’ve loved every second of it. To have come runner-up, it’s amazing. Working with will.i.am has been my highlight. I’m so happy, as happy as Ruti.’

It was a nail-biting final which saw the last four contestants battle it out for the £100,000 prize, as well as a deal with Republic Records.

Ruti was crowned champion after three incredible performances, with her final song – Dreams by The Cranberries – to be released as her debut single Daily Mail reported.

Earlier in the show, Ruti joined coach Tom in a stripped back duet of the Louis Armstrong classic What A Wonderful World, followed by a solo rendition of Daniel Bedingfield’s If You’re Not The One.

Earlier in the show, Ruti thanked Sir Tom for supporting her, adding the Welsh singer ‘always believed in me, since the blind auditions’.

‘He’s always been there for me and told me to be myself. It’s amazing that he thinks I’m that good,’ she added.

Meanwhile, Sir Tom said Ruti was a ‘wonderful, magical, sincere’ singer, and that he is touched by her voice.

Viewers were equally thrilled at Ruti’s success, taking to Twitter to congratulate the star on her victory.

One fan wrote:

‘I’m really happy for Ruti her voice is so beautiful and unique.’

Another said:

‘Ruti is # The Voice UK 2018 winner! Words cannot describe how happy I am for her right now! She deserved that so much! Her version of Dreams gives me goosebumps, I just love her so much.’

More Here>>>http://wakabobo.com/nigerian-ruti-olajugbagbe-wins-the-voice-uk-2018-photos/

cc; Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Nigerian Ruti Olajugbagbe Wins The Voice UK 2018 (photos) by Neimar: 3:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
so man
Re: Nigerian Ruti Olajugbagbe Wins The Voice UK 2018 (photos) by Whizdorm001(m): 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2018
Congrats. Ayam not suprised cos if nah Igbos it must be drug-related.
Re: Nigerian Ruti Olajugbagbe Wins The Voice UK 2018 (photos) by Faremisodeeq(m): 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
Op she is British... Forget about that name...
Re: Nigerian Ruti Olajugbagbe Wins The Voice UK 2018 (photos) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2018
Congrats beautiful lady.

(1) (Reply)

“I Was In Coma For 3 Days” — Actress Halima Abubakar Reveals / Guess Who And Stand A Chance To Win A Prize / Celebrities Rocking Natural Hair : Fow World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.