Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

My Testimony - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Testimony (630 Views)

My Testimony: What GOD Cannot Do, Does Not Exist / My Testimony,from Heavenly Currency To American Dollars / My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Testimony by pressplay411(m): 4:49pm On Apr 08, 2018
I finally shared my Testimony in church today, and it was glorious.
Sharing my Testimony in itself is a testimony because i usually shy away from any public speaking.
So here, let me summarise and hopefully it ministers to someone who was as lost and confused as I was.
I have 2 testimonies; My Salvation and Liberty.

My Salvation:
It's usually a "battle between the angels of good and evil" as I put it in an older thread every Sunday. And whoever won determined if I was going to church.
On this fateful day, the battle was real. I had made up my mind and it was a No-church day. But the struggle continued until around 12 noon I eventually decided to go to church. As I left my house even my neighbour made fun of me about how late I was going to church and that alone was enough to discourage me from going. But for some reason I just couldn't turn back, I just had to be in church.
I eventually got to the church gate and for another 15 minutes I was outside debating what brought me here. But if I had made it this far, why not just enter.
The Sermon was at its concluding part, but I would eventually come out for an altar call and right there I found my Salvation. I had come out for altar call before but that day was different. It was meant to happen and I was meant to be there.
I was introduced to the Foundation class and for the next 8 weeks, we were taught the Word, we studied the Word and gave account of our experiences with the Word. I realised I only knew Jesus Christ, the character but not Jesus Christ, The Word. My redemption, renewal and transformation processes were set in full gear. I realised the Gospel had suffered misinterpretation and perversions which we were exposed to rather than the Truth which only few churches, teachers, Christians preached.

My Liberty
2 Corinthians 3:17- The Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there's Liberty.
This was just a statement to me. I never realised it's meaning until I realised it. Only the Holy Spirit can give understanding of Himself.
I had a lot of anxieties, worries, emotional instability, peer pressure, etc I was dealing with that made me resort to binge drinking. I was an addict. I had to drink or I'd be depressed and repressed.
I had other demons I was battling with that I knew were destroying me but I no longer had control over. I was living in sin. Fornication, Mastubation, Adultery, and Sexual perversions, under the influence of drinking they just seemed not much of a big deal.
I was surrounded by like-minded friends, colleagues and influemces that it was just the normalcy. Cos lounging without booze is that one lounge? And how can you say you're hanging out with babe without sex? It was just the modus operandi. It was the life (we knew).

No that wasn't all, I was envious, proud, egotistical, angry, foul-mouthed etc I was full of demons and I never knew it.
I thought to myself how could I ever overcome these? I used to think I was beyond salvation cos to make matters worse, I was an Atheist! The confident type, I openly declared my atheism at home, and at work and of cos on Nairaland and a few other fora. I even shook the faith of the Believers that tried to evangelise to me.

But the more time I spent in His Presence, the more I was receiving Sanctification.. The more time I spent Receiving the Holy Spirit, the more I received Purging, The more time I spent meditating on the Word, the more I received Power and Strength to overcome Temptations.
It didn't happen over night, but I eventually found myself bearing the Fruit of the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23
Where there was Anxiety and worries, I found Peace. Where there was Fear and Depression, I found Joy in Christ and where there were urges I found Completeness in the Most High God, through the Holy Spirit.
I have not tasted alcoholic drinks since New Year. I no longer find pleasure in it or any of my other guilty pleasures and sins. His Presence and Word lights up my heart, gives me joy and gives me liberty.

And this is my Testimony.

I pray as many would seek him shall find the same Grace I freely received in the Mighty name of Jesus.
For all have sinned and fall short of His glory, being justified freely by His Grace through the Redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Testimony by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 08, 2018
May your healing remain permanent.
Your joy is restored to the Glory of God almighty.

1 Like

Re: My Testimony by pressplay411(m): 5:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
TarOrfeek:
May your healing remain permanent. Your joy is restored to the Glory of God almighty.
Amen. Thanks
Re: My Testimony by pressplay411(m): 11:58am On May 07, 2018
I will patiently explain this to you but I must first ask a favour. My intention is not to argue with you neither is it to attack you, so please read with the intention to "hear me out", to understand.

Purpose is the reason something or someone was designed or created. The purpose of a spoon is to scoop meals when eating. The purpose of a television is to display motion picture. The purpose of a phone is communication via calls, chats, etc.
But do you know the purpose of man (humanity)?
I know my purpose, but do you know yours?

Atheism doesn't provide this answer. In fact, this question forms the basis of atheism. No scientist knows this answer either and you can't blame them, science does not answer the question of Why things exist but How they exist and function.
Science can describe with astute details how we were created (conceived) through copulation of the male and female gametes, formed from the union of the (lucky) sperm cell and ovum, developed from a zygote, grew into a foetus during a 9 month pregnancy, until finally after the 3rd trimester, delivered from the mother as a baby.
But with all the scientific, psychological and technological advancement achieved by Science, it still can never tell you why you were born (created). Please, correct me if I'm wrong. Perhaps I didn't get the memo.

Now you have an old dusty book (I hope you still do), the Bible that clearly explains why you were born, what you were born to do and even your original purposed destination in the after life.
Your bible is your life's manual from your manufacturer (creator).

To answer your question. What is the purpose of man?
It is summed up in 2 verses in the Bible.

Gen.1.28 - Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."
Matt.6.33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Our purpose is to seek first the kingdom of God (His presence, Eden) and then establish His kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. Then very other need of ours will be met. We will Prosper (fruitful), fill the earth and have Dominion over it.
Any object that is not fulfilling the purpose it was designed starts to malfunction. Just as using a car for any other purpose other than driving, it starts to malfunction. Even just parking a car without driving it for months, which is not necessarily abuse but disuse, it starts to malfunction.
This is why when we stay away from God's presence, not knowing God, we start to malfunction. Depression, unfulfilment, all sorts of mental disorders, bipolarity, insecurity, etc sets in. Yet, instead of repenting and returning to our Eden, God's presence, we turn further away resorting to dependence on drugs and alcohol which only postpone doomsday.

I hope this makes some sense to you. You'll be stubborn at first, you might even be tempted to get angry because the truth in any way, form or shape, is a bitter pill to swallow. But you have to "make yourself want to believe" before you can start to believe. Just give it a shot, nothing else truly works and you know this.

God loves you. He loved you even before you were conceived, He loves you so much he couldn't bare watching our destruction. He died for you and I. Christ saved us.
All He asks is you believe on Him, acknowledge Him and all His promises and purpose for your life will be fulfilled. Ask God to forgive your sins and choose to seek him today.

Peace and Grace be unto you in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: My Testimony by Prevailing: 2:30pm On May 18, 2018
pressplay411:

I will patiently explain this to you but I must first ask a favour. My intention is not to argue with you neither is it to attack you, so please read with the intention to "hear me out", to understand.

Purpose is the reason something or someone was designed or created. The purpose of a spoon is to scoop meals when eating. The purpose of a television is to display motion picture. The purpose of a phone is communication via calls, chats, etc.
But do you know the purpose of man (humanity)?
I know my purpose, but do you know yours?

Atheism doesn't provide this answer. In fact, this question forms the basis of atheism. No scientist knows this answer either and you can't blame them, science doesn't not answer the question of Why things exist but How they exist and function.
Science can describe with astute details how we were created (conceived) through copulation of the male and female gametes, formed from the union of the (lucky) sperm cell and ovum, developed from a zygote, grew into a foetus during a 9 month pregnancy, until finally after the 3rd trimester, delivered from the mother as a baby.
But with all the scientific, psychological and technological advancement achieved by Science, it still can never tell you why tyou were born (created). Please, orrect me if I'm wrong. Perhaps I didn't get the memo.

Now you have an old dusty book (I hope you still do), the Bible that clearly explains why you were born, what you were born to do and even your original purposed destination in the after life. Your life's manual from your manufacturer (creator).

To answer your question. What is the purpose of man?
It is summed up in 2 verses in the Bible.

Gen.1.28 - Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."
Matt.6.33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Our purpose is to seek first the kingdom of God (His presence, Eden) and then establish His kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. Then very other need of ours will be met. We will Prosper (fruitful), fill the earth and have Dominion over it.
Any object that is not fulfilling the purpose it was designed starts to malfunction. Just as using a car for any other purpose other than driving, it starts to malfunction. Even just parking a car without driving it for months, which is not necessarily abuse but disuse, it starts to malfunction.
This is why when we stay away from God's presence, not knowing God, we start to malfunction. Depression, unfulfilment, all sorts of mental disorders, bipolarity, insecurity, etc sets in. Yet, instead of repenting and returning to our Eden, God's presence, we turn further away resorting to dependence on drugs and alcohol which only postpone doomsday.

I hope this makes some sense to you. You'll be stubborn at first, you might even be tempted to get angry because the truth in any way, form or shape, is a bitter pill to swallow. But you have to "make yourself want to believe" before you can start to believe. Just give it a shot, nothing else truly works and you know this.

God loves you. He loved you even before you were conceived, He loves you so much he couldn't bare watching our destruction. He died for you and I. Christ saved us.
All He asks is you believe on Him, acknowledge Him and all His promises and purpose for your life will be fulfilled. Ask God to forgive your sins and choose to seek him today.

Peace and Grace be unto you in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Nice piece, its the ultimate question every one can ever ask

1 Like

Re: My Testimony by sholay2011(m): 6:39pm On May 18, 2018
Hallelujah!
Re: My Testimony by pressplay411(m): 3:11pm On May 19, 2018
Prevailing:

Nice piece, its the ultimate question every one can ever ask

Thanks sir.
Culled from Power of Purpose- Myles Munroe.
It's on YouTube, please make time to download and watch. God bless you.
Re: My Testimony by Mcy56(f): 9:32pm On May 19, 2018
The name of the Lord be praised!
The whole duty of man is to fear God and obey His commandments.

1 Like

Re: My Testimony by pressplay411(m): 10:03pm On May 19, 2018
Mcy56:
The name of the Lord be praised!
The whole duty of man is to fear God and obey His commandments.

True. But this can only happen if we Love Him and Love His Word. The Holyspirit will do the rest and takes our infirmities making it easier for us. Cos really it's not easy keeping the commandments, no one can except by the Holy Spirit.
Re: My Testimony by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
I rejoice with you and your transformation. Jesus changes people come to him as you are

1 Like

Re: My Testimony by pressplay411(m): 12:44am On Jun 22, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
I rejoice with you and your transformation. Jesus changes people come to him as you are

Thanks bro. Would love to hear your salvation testimony soon sire.

(1) (Reply)

The Danger Of Depression – Pastor Paul Eneche / Why I No Longer Fear Hell / Our 5 Core Duties As Christian Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.