Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Awareness Of Lassa Fever! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Awareness Of Lassa Fever! (400 Views)

Esan West LGA Steps Up Campaign Against Lassa Fever / 19 Persons Die Of Lassa Fever In Bauchi / Lassa Fever: Obaseki Release N100m For Dialyais Machines Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Awareness Of Lassa Fever! by vision2050: 9:19pm On Apr 08, 2018
Lassa lasan lasan!

News have been awashed with the death of several health and medical practitioners in some states of the federation for some weeks now and sincerely it has not been a good one at all.

It often send cold shivers down my spine when I hear or see victims of these virulent diseases especially the hemorrhagic fevers such as Lassa fever and Ebola virus disease.

Having been part of the Ogun state team which buried some victims in the past year, I feel sad when I hear these cases.

Looking at blood streaming from the nose, mouth, ears and other parts of the body orifices, it make my heart cringes.

Lassa fever is really real!

While in my office some months ago, I was overhearing some Civil Defence personnel discuss this issue among themselves. They argued back and forth over the existence or otherwise of Lassa fever.

In fact they were bringing up conspiracy theories from the 'oyinbo people'. When I saw and heard their level of ignorance, I was left with no option but to interrupt them.

After educating them properly, they had their orientation modified. Rats immediately became their enemy even before they left that spot.

Are you also one of those who dismiss reports of disease outbreak with a wave of hand? I beg you to rethink today.

Some will say, in the days of their forefathers, they have been consuming garri with the Rat urine and droppings just removed with tips of the fingers. It high time that stops. That is nothing but an unhygienic attitude even if your forefathers have been practicing that.

It is high time you get rid of rodents in your home and office. At least even if you can't seem to totally get rid of them all, you can drastically reduce their population.

Mastomys rats are the carriers of this deadly disease. But you may not be able to differentiate between that and a Ratus ratus or Mus musculus. So, environmental hygiene and sanitation is the way to go.

Also, please ensure that you keep your solid and liquid waste away from the home as this attracts the rodents.

In addition, please if anyone around you is having very high temperature and some other signs such as headache, body and joint pain etc, refer them straight to the hospital.

Finally, health and medical workers must learn to protect themselves. The #5,000 hazard allowance is nothing compared to your life please. Follow the Standard Operating Procedure in ensuring your own safety.

May we not be the bearer of another man's sickness.

Note:
April 14 is just less than 9 days away. Are you a Sanitarian? And you wish to increase your value around you, please join the special WhatsApp group where I will be sharing tips on how to increase your value and worth.

The link is here again
https:///4KizmopdZoE4bpap8UevPf

You sha know that I love you.

God bless you.

Femi

Femi Abolade, licensed EHO, Writer, author and public speaker
femibolade12@gmail.com

Re: Awareness Of Lassa Fever! by africaflozy(f): 12:27am On Jan 31, 2020
Please I would like to discuss something with you. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

CAC Business Registration Made Easy!!! / Start Making Money Now / Need James Hardley Chase Novels In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.