Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing (8459 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Pastor Shantelle Jepchumba's Thigh-Revealing Dressing In Church Got Her Slammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
This thread was inspired by another thread where a woman went to Facebook to complain that a church had turned her back because of her attire. I saw many people condemning the church and i marvelled.

And then...my mind flashed back to a message on modest dressing by Apostle Gino Jennings.

Although the message is jarring, it is 100% undiluted truth, supported by the scriptures.

The truth is, society is decaying daily and modesty and decency is being sacrificed on the altar of conformity and so called 'liberalism'.

Watch the Apostle's fiery teaching on female modesty and I hope it will inspire you like it did me. He uses mannequins to illustrate the madness that passes for 'modernity' these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5IRC3TxeL0

4 Likes

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by naptu2: 1:55am On Apr 09, 2018
"The Modern Woman's Penchance For Indecent Dressing".

"Penchance"??

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ranchhoddas: 5:24am On Apr 09, 2018
naptu2:

"Penchance"??
Blame it on the alcohol.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 8:20am On Apr 09, 2018
Ishilove:
This thread was inspired by another thread where a woman went to Facebook to complain that a church had turned her back because of her attire. I saw many people condemning the church and i marvelled.

And then...my mind flashed back to a message on modest dressing by Apostle Gino Jennings.

Although the message is jarring, it is 100% undiluted truth, supported by the scriptures.

The truth is, society is decaying daily and modesty and decency is being sacrificed on the altar of conformity and so called 'liberalism'.

Watch the Apostle's fiery teaching on female modesty and I hope it will inspire you like it did me. He uses mannequins to illustrate the madness that passes for 'modernity' these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5IRC3TxeL0

I was on the thread too and just generally shocked at what people think is OK to wear to Church
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 10:03am On Apr 09, 2018
Penchant.!!!!!
Lol...this gbagaun is funny and ironic coming from a woman who loves correcting others grammar.

Anyhow, dressing is subjective. What is indecent in Nigeria is decent in America.

Consistently, it has always been hyper-religious hypocrites that always want to limit what women can wear.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 10:04am On Apr 09, 2018
Ubenedictus:

I was on the thread too and just generally shocked at what people think is OK to wear to Church

That woman's dress was okay. When did Catholic church turn to deeper life?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Syncan(m): 10:16am On Apr 09, 2018
Ubenedictus:

I read through the comments yesterday, I wasn't shocked though. What do you expect when you ask adolescent age kids their opinion on what good parenting should constitute.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 2:27pm On Apr 09, 2018
superhumanist:
Penchant.!!!!!
Lol...this gbagaun is funny and ironic coming from a woman who loves correcting others grammar.

Anyhow, dressing is subjective. What is indecent in Nigeria is decent in America.

Consistently, it has always been hyper-religious hypocrites that always want to limit what women can wear.

since it is subjective and we are in Nigeria, then she should obey the rules here, when she goes to America she can wear crop top to Church.

decency and modesty are important even for men

3 Likes

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
superhumanist:

That woman's dress was okay. When did Catholic church turn to deeper life?
Catholic Church always had a sense for modesty, we don't do it to the extreme, we don't say all must reach the ankles and wrist but we certainly won't allow handless or lap length. do things in moderation
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ubenedictus:
Catholic Church always had a sense for modesty, we don't do it to the extreme, we don't say all must reach the ankles and wrist but we certainly won't allow handless or lap length. do things in moderation

Which one is lap length? The skirt almost reaches her knees
And why are you lying about the handless (sleeveless actually) dress? I see many people wearing sleeveless in church. 90% of bridesmaids dresses are sleeveless.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6944807_mbanefonkiruangel_jpeg3449cceaa824cd36aefedd48c400f0e0

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ubenedictus:
since it is subjective and we are in Nigeria, then she should obey the rules here, when she goes to America she can wear crop top to Church.

Lies!

Stop defending a patriarchal system. Men wear shorts to church. Women can't try that.

And culture should not shape religion. I thought there was objective morality? Why is morality dictated by borders all of a sudden? Oga, the simple fact is that we are backwards in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by CAPSLOCKED: 3:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ubenedictus:

SAY THAT TO YOUR HOMOSEXUAL, PEDOPHILE BISHOPS IN THE VATICAN.

3 Likes

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 4:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
naptu2:

"Penchance"??
I'm hungry and I can't think straight right now. What is wrong with that? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 4:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ubenedictus:

All decorum as being muted by the craziness of social media.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by naptu2: 4:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ishilove:

I'm hungry and I can't think straight right now. What is wrong with that? undecided

The correct word is penchant (pronounced pon-shon).

3 Likes

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ubenedictus:

See, the scripture has a standard for morality and modest apparel, and did not distinguish between geographical territories. What is wrong in America should also be wrong in Timbuktu. Personally I will never wear an apparel I can't wear to church.

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2018
naptu2:

The correct word is penchant (pronounced pon-shon).
Thanks darling. kiss

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ishilove:

See, the scripture has a standard for morality and modest apparel, and did not distinguish between geographical territories. What is wrong in America should also be wrong in Timbuktu. Personally I will never wear an apparel I can't wear to church.
That Pastor gave it out raw. I like him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

That Pastor gave it out raw. I like him.
As in ehn. I don't understand women of nowadays. If they don't show skin or private parts their body will not rest.

I was just nodding my head as the Apostle dropped it like it was hot
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ishilove:

As in ehn. I don't understand women of nowadays. If they don't show skin or private parts their body will not rest.

And the men couldn't stop clapping, meanwhile those ladies dress like that for them.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 7:43pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ishilove:

I was about to type something ishilove but suddenly felt weak. I just do not know where to begin to address this women and dressing issue from.

Any angle I view it from, I just get weak.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 7:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I was about to type something ishilove but suddenly felt weak. I just do not know where to begin to address this women and dressing issue from.

Tell us more about your weak erection when it comes to women cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
superhumanist:

Tell us more about your weak erection when it comes to women cheesy
top banter!

3 Likes

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 10:28pm On Apr 09, 2018
[img][/img]
Emmanystone:

And they men couldn't stop clapping, meanwhile those ladies dress like that for them.
Don't mind them. If you dress modestly they will call you 'local', but where revealing outfits and you will see them singing your praises.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 10:29pm On Apr 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Discuss one angle
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 10:41pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ishilove:

Discuss one angle

I am just trying to get into the head of a woman. What makes them think that showing skin and dressing skimpy is a turn on or makes them look "good". Let's even leave the dressing angle for a minute and look at the make up angle.

The kind of make ups they do now and how the after looks nothing close to the before is alarming.

See through dresses being worn boldly and proudly, public display of boobs, laps, etc and then the heavy deliberately drawn make ups.

I.mean like wth
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 11:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

And they men couldn't stop clapping, meanwhile those ladies dress like that for them.

I would say Women dress provocatively for their fellow women
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 11:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ishilove:

Would you be so kind to drop the verses that gave indepth standard for dressing? The ones I know of are kinda vague

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Oyindidi(f): 5:05am On Apr 10, 2018
Nice one
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by paxonel(m): 6:44am On Apr 10, 2018
My own is,
Catholic tradition is wrong for sending that girl home, her dressing was not bad.

Catholics keep maintaining old traditions and beliefs that drives a lot of people into pentecostalism, yet they are the first to condemn the wrongs of pentecostals forgeting that they caused it in the first place.

Look at how they imprisoned Gallelio to death for saying the truth that the earth was spherical.
They did it out of traditional beliefs, not Christ.

All I'm saying is, too much tradition is bad
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by pressplay411(m): 6:45am On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:
Penchant.!!!!!

Dressing is subjective? Is not dressing subjective too?
The way people justify wrongs with pdeudo-intelligent one-liners because it sounds "cool".

Dressing is not subjective. Bad dressing has been getting black Americans killed by cops everyday so pls stop with that BS. And as much as we want to blame the cops we can't deny most blacks do dress like criminals and gang-bangers either out of ignorance or entertainment influence.

Decent dressing goes a long way. It automatically increases sense of worth, confidence and opens you to opportunities.
Like poles repel but in dressing, they attract. Indecently dressed ladies attract indecent guys with indecent intentions. Decently dressed ladies attract respectful guys with noble intentions. It's the simple truth.

Over-exposure is just a cry for attention and usually a self esteem issue. You feel unattractive unless a part of your body can draw attention. But unfortunately you draw the kind of attention you don't want from rapists, ritualistic, no do-gooders and when it happens you blame the guys for lack of self control but don't want to take any blame in the name of freedom of expression, really?? You only got the apt response to your expression cos then others also have freedom of response.

Dear Nubian Queen, Glory personified.
Your hidden beauties should be treasures only deserving men should dig to find. I hope you realise this.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download Music: Samsong Ft Chioma Jesus - Odogwu Jesus / Are Women Preachers Allowed In The Church? / END TIME CHURCH :see Design Of Entrance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.