Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,229 members, 7,867,597 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:19 PM

Doctor(s) Please What Is What Happening To My Body? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor(s) Please What Is What Happening To My Body? (720 Views)

Moving Object In My Body / My Body Discharges Electricity / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor(s) Please What Is What Happening To My Body? by Ochlux(f): 5:15am On May 09, 2010
jst treated fever yet i dont feel okay. what is wrong?
Re: Doctor(s) Please What Is What Happening To My Body? by Outstrip(f): 2:10am On May 13, 2010
maybe if you say what drugs you are taking they can help you better
Re: Doctor(s) Please What Is What Happening To My Body? by reindeer: 9:53pm On May 13, 2010
why dont you just walk into a HOSPITAL and talk to a DOCTOR?
Re: Doctor(s) Please What Is What Happening To My Body? by thehomer: 11:53pm On May 13, 2010
You should go to a hospital for review of the medication or for review for a more serious ailment.
Re: Doctor(s) Please What Is What Happening To My Body? by Romeo4real(m): 12:49pm On May 14, 2010
The first questions is - What drug were you taking for the Pneumonia? Were they prescribed by a Doctor? This may simply be an allergic reaction to the drugs or a reaction to other allergens you have encountered. There second question is - are there any changes to the skin in the affected areas? Rashes, hard skin, dry scaly skin, etc?

There are many varied possible causes for itchy palms/soles. They are roughly divided in those originate from within the body, and outside the body (endogenous/ exogenous). These range from Eczema or Contact Dermatitis (caused by irritants like cosmetics, soap/ detergents and other food allergens). Medications like penicillin and various antibiotics also cause itching. Various Infections - bacterial proteins acting as antigens to produce inflammatory skin changes can result in itchy hands and feet. Fungal/ Bacterial infections in a remote site can cause tense, itchy or painful eruptions on the palms and soles.

More importantly,  it can be symptoms of more serious illnesses such as Chronic kidney failure, liver diseases, endocrine disturbances like hyper or hypothyroidism, blood disorders, Hodgkin’s lymphoma, multiple myeloma. It may be a presenting of HIV infection and Crohn’s disease.

Some vitamin deficiencies can also cause itching -  Vitamin B12, B1 and B. You can supplement these easily. Also makes sure you have no ringworm infections. Have a proper medical diagnosis. A Pharmacist is not a Doctor. Rule out any irritants/ allergies/ allergens, bacterial/fungal infections, vitamin deficiencies. This would most likely be a process of elimination - even with the best doctor. Beware of any doctor that makes any quick diagnosis on this issue.

(1) (Reply)

Male Fluid Killers And Boosters / Wellness Homes Is Recruiting. / Comfirm Remedy For Weight Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.