Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar (957 Views)

How To Customize Scrollbar Style In Blogger Using CSS / Empowering Wapka User - Request Any code and get it within 24hrs / Need Scrollbar And Slideshow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by feelme3(m): 10:01pm On May 12, 2010
Hello people,
I was wondering if anybody here has an idea how to achieve the look of the scrollbar on this site www.orderbay.com.

Is there any css code to achieve such effects and not just to change the color but the look/feel (I love the tiny-line-arrow in the orderbay site)

Please, your input here'd be much appreciated.
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 8:38am On May 13, 2010
rubbish, this is just an attention-seeking thread. There is nothing like any special kinda scrollbar like that anywhere. get the fck outta here.
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by feelme3(m): 11:57pm On May 14, 2010
*dhtml:

rubbish, this is just an attention-seeking thread. There is nothing like any special kinda scrollbar like that anywhere. get the fck outta here.

dhtml, how was ur day? I wonder how a simple thread like this could bring out such venomous attitude from you. I was only trying to acquire a knowledge I don't have. Its a simple case of ignoring this thread. You didn't have to be rude. That makes me wonder, 
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 15, 2010
ok, sorry about that. i guess i lost my temper, but can you please do a screencapture and circle in red the scrollbar you are talking about?
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 15, 2010
@DHTML, The stuff is anoyying na, Funny enough the site no open here, I been dey fear self, say special skillz don reach that end~~~
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 6:05am On May 16, 2010
i mean, i can change the face of a scrollbar in internet explorer only neatly. In other browsers, you cant do that unless you do some looong effects like hiding the original scrollbar and creating a fake scrollbar, and even with that, some browsers will still have problems.

<html>
<head>

<style type="text/css">

body, textarea {scrollbar-3dlight-color:#ffd700;
scrollbar-arrow-color:#ff0;
scrollbar-base-color:#ff6347;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#ffa500;
scrollbar-face-color:#008080;
scrollbar-highlight-color:#ff69b4;
scrollbar-shadow-color:#f0f}

</style>
</head>
<body>
Colored scrollbar sample
<textarea>This should have colored bars as well</textarea>
</body>
</html>

But the original poster of this thread is saying rubbish until otherwise proven.
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 16, 2010
@DHTML, Honestly i have not seen colored scroll bar, You don teach me something,

Thanks, i appreciate it, You know person no fit know all,
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 16, 2010
@Poster. @DHTML. I don see wetin the guy dey talk, There was this scroll bar if u get to the contact area, It is not the default one by the browser,

@Poster, It was Javascript they used to do it, mixed with Cascading Style sheet, CSS Rendered the look, While Javascript make it scroll on real time,

Look up the source coden of that site, The code is there, CTRL U on Mozilla.
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 16, 2010
oh, i see it now. The poster should have specified the location of the stuff. You can get that done with codes, it is done with javascript and can also be done with jQuery. I think you should check out sites like dynamicdrive.com or javascriptkit.com or get someone to write the script for you (it will only take me few minutes to do that, but i cant write that for free sha)
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 16, 2010
*dhtml:

oh, i see it now. The poster should have specified the location of the stuff. You can get that done with codes, it is done with javascript and can also be done with jQuery. I think you should check out sites like dynamicdrive.com or javascriptkit.com or get someone to write the script for you (it will only take me few minutes to do that, but i cant write that for free sha)

@DHTML. Funny man, Nuffin goes 4 nuffin now abi?
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Borat1: 5:30pm On May 16, 2010
Hungry Men
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 16, 2010
Donpuzo:

@DHTML. Funny man, Nuffin goes 4 nuffin now abi?
if i have to write a custom code for someone, then, they gots pay for it. that code takes alot of professionalism. but if he can find it free, then good.

~Borat~:

Hungry Men
lol
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 16, 2010
Ok Sir!!!! Na u sabi ur ways!
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by feelme3(m): 9:31pm On May 16, 2010
@dhtl, @donpuzo, thanks folks. Am glad you guys finally checked me out and found am clean grin

Neways, I ctrl U on my mozilla but it just showed me the page html markup. can you send me a sample jscript you get from mozzilla?
Checked dynamicsdrives but they only have for the default scrollbar and some other searches actually can get it done through flash but I don't know jack bout flash.

Will appreciate your help. Thanks for your time though wink Up NL!
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 16, 2010
Thought i saw some J.S files, They seem like what made the actions, Maybe did not check well.

If u have knowledge of J.S and those files are it, you could pickk them up and assemble them,

Would have love to, but my IDE is showing me red since 10 mins now, I never solve the Bug in my coding! cry
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by feelme3(m): 9:47pm On May 16, 2010
aww. Not as good as you with JS though. But thanks anyways. I'll figure it out somehow.
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 16, 2010
Ok. Wish you good luck!
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 16, 2010
feel_me:

aww. Not as good as you with JS though. But thanks anyways. I'll figure it out somehow.
that code is for jscript experts to write, unless you can find it free to download somewhere.
You need to have a good knowlege of HTML DOM and controlling it with javascript to do that.
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by feelme3(m): 11:11pm On May 18, 2010
*dhtml:

that code is for jscript experts to write, unless you can find it free to download somewhere.
You need to have a good knowlege of HTML DOM and controlling it with javascript to do that.
grin D-H-T-M-L to the Z!!!
Brother na wa to you oh. Neways I don learn the code sha. grin But how good you with php? I  have something we can work together and I know say you go chop something so no wahala. wink
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 20, 2010
you fit catch me for support@.com
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by canachy(m): 9:40am On May 26, 2010
*dhtml:

Next time, don't be quick to condemn, ok?
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 26, 2010
canachy:

Next time, don't be quick to condemn, ok?
are you talking to me?
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by canachy(m): 9:39am On May 27, 2010
*dhtml:

are you talking to me?
, hehehe. dhtml, if am not talking to u, then I should be talking to myself
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by feelme3(m): 6:59pm On Jun 10, 2010
lol, so this thread still dey ixist shocked I don enter 2011 since leave am!
@canachy, abeg no start war wey u no go finish Oh! No be me send you o! Leave those ppl as u see dem O.
I no talk any other thing lipsrsealed
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by bug24(m): 9:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
u cause problem leave am run ehn? grin grin grin
Re: Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2010
Intwesting. . .

(1) (Reply)

[php] - Problem! Object Oriented. Accessing Variable In Function A In Function B / Unable To Register NG Domains - .Com.NG Servers Down? / A New Naija Forum Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.