Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,630 members, 7,854,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:00 PM

Are You My Sibling? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You My Sibling? (563 Views)

Why I Chose To Distance Myself From A Sibling / Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit / I Don't Feel To Good About A Future With My Sibling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You My Sibling? by mysiblingsearch: 11:29am On Apr 09, 2018
So here is the story:
I am from a family of 4 siblings
The first three of us have more than a few resemblance features in common but the last born does not.
He looks nothing like either of my parents nor us his siblings
We have over the years made jokes about how he was adopted and all.
Sometimes it's funny to everybody and sometimes he is unappreciative of the humour.

Our dad left this plane in 2015 and our mum joined him in July last year.
My sister and I are joint administrators of the family estate value of which was N112m as @ November 2017.
Components include landed property in Lagos and environs, shares, jewellery, bank investments/instruments and cash.
Sharing formula as per parents wish is an even 4-way split specifically for the four of us (two male/two female).

Now the conundrum:
As a prank or otherwise, the last born suggested DNA testing for the four of us after mummy died last year.
We had my mum's sample as reference and we all went in for the procedure.
Results returned and last born can not be clinically proved to be related to us shocked shocked shocked
Re: Are You My Sibling? by mysiblingsearch: 11:29am On Apr 09, 2018
Investigations and questions followed and the conclusion was reached that there might have been a possibility that last born was mistakenly switched at the hospital in 1981.

This new found information has ABSOLUTELY no bearing on the intensely strong relationship that we have forged as siblings over the last 40+ years

All four of us have agreed to:
a) Try and conduct a search of our lost sibling here in Nigeria or maybe in the diaspora
b) When found and CONFIRMED, to be inducted as OUR sibling and made to partake from our parents' legacy regardless of which point in life he/she may be.
c) Legacy will be split 5 ways to incorporate if need be.

The Details
Were you born in the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) in Idi Araba, Lagos between January 31st 1981 and February 5th 1981?
If yes, send me an email on mysiblingsearch@gmail.com including scans of: a Birth certificate OR Govt issued ID showing clearly the date of birth AND a clear passport photograph.
May be difficult to get but a proof of being born in LUTH at that time would greatly help and we can take this from there.
Re: Are You My Sibling? by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 09, 2018
No body cares

1 Like

Re: Are You My Sibling? by Orchid45: 6:03pm On Apr 09, 2018
It's a lie! I don't believe this! Just yesterday in church, my Pastor told me my real family will locate me and my life will never remain the same.

You mean to tell me I have over 25million Naira worth of inheritance? My God is awesome. I need to sow a seed. OP, shey you are based in the abroad? I can come over for a DNA test upon your request.

(1) (Reply)

The Three-year Canada Immigration Plan / My Husband Sneaks At Night To Sleep With Maid – Woman Tells Court / Video Of 29 Year Old Woman Showing Off Her 92 Years Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.