Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work (11732 Views)

A Policewoman Called My Boss To Sack Me At My Place Of Work / Never Date At Your Place Of Work / Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by TAMSNigeria: 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2018
If you want to be recognized at your place of work: Speak up, quantify your result and claim credit for your work.

#TAMSummit2018 #MondayMotivation

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by mcgift(m): 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2018
alright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by Balogun1992: 5:56am On Apr 10, 2018
great
TAMSNigeria:
If you want to be recognized at your place of work: Speak up, quantify your result and claim credit for your work.

Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by horpeh4rea(m): 7:02am On Apr 10, 2018
2TC
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by dfrost: 7:03am On Apr 10, 2018
Good topic.

To also add certify, develop, re-certify, develop, re-certify, re-develop, re-certify, re-develop, re-certify. There is no end to continual development.

3 Likes

Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by KushyKush: 7:03am On Apr 10, 2018
How to gain recognition and attract haters.

That was how a staff from my previous office was sacked due to an offense she didn't commit.

6 Likes

Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by fourhayz: 7:03am On Apr 10, 2018
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by Mcfiltermouth: 7:04am On Apr 10, 2018
Is that all??
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by Offpoint: 7:05am On Apr 10, 2018
Op gaining recognition in one place of work is the simplest thing on earth.

TIP: All you have to do is: When the company is holding a general meeting... in the middle of it when everyone is quiet and focus; just release a thunderous fart(hot-mess) let it loud and roar like a Lion-Roar and a Tempest-Thunder or like my grandfather's Volvo...example.... prapapapapapa booom dooom finnnn vroooom tooommm..and watch from that day forward how recognized you'll be, you'll be talked about like a celebrity who just got to limelight.
Thank me later.

4 Likes

Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by Williamso(m): 7:06am On Apr 10, 2018
Or be a good team player and work well with everyone instead of seeking individual accolades, appreciation and "claiming credit" for achievements

5 Likes

Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by pharigoldltd: 7:07am On Apr 10, 2018
Good.
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by syndrum(m): 7:08am On Apr 10, 2018
You just have to be yourself... Don't go into eye service...It spoils a lot of respect and dignity... Simple as ABC.. you'd be known for who you're.

1 Like

Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by UDUJ(m): 7:08am On Apr 10, 2018
TAMSNigeria:

The best way would be to do your job better than others. And always be respectful of others, and treat them as you would like to be treated.

There is no fast track to advancement in the work place, unless you are the boss's nephew cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by brightgreat(m): 7:09am On Apr 10, 2018
Be the one to put smiles on the face of your colleague's especially those moment the work is killing and see if your story wont go far

2 Likes

Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by Jacktheripper: 7:15am On Apr 10, 2018
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by lamlek22: 7:23am On Apr 10, 2018
Work normal. Don't try to outshine others trough eye service. Complete all assignments timely.

1 Like

Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by RMU: 7:25am On Apr 10, 2018
If u must talk, let it be constructively.
Identify your strength and develop yourself toward the strength.
Be a team player and avoid an eye service because it can come back to halt you.

If you must involve in office politics do not let it be at climax.

1 Like

Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by Pat081: 7:31am On Apr 10, 2018
If u re a talkative dey will knw u wen u cum or nt n if u re football fans i mean d blues u knw dem dey too can talk 4rm now still next year n can use mouth to carry all d cups
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by castrol180(m): 8:00am On Apr 10, 2018
short, nice and educative contribution,

but it is better to choose and select which one fit best,

and never decide to be talkative when you don't know how to use it to your advantage well...
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by anyicash(m): 8:11am On Apr 10, 2018
Depending where you work, if it happens to be in a private firm, you are sacked asap.
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by martineverest(m): 8:12am On Apr 10, 2018
eye service
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by Mydazz(m): 8:14am On Apr 10, 2018
Lol, i don't even speak up in meetings but the wise knows where to go for good counsel. Just be yourself, be known for you, and make yourself better in every way possible everyday.
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by shepherd003: 8:34am On Apr 10, 2018
act a clown always
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 10, 2018
That's weak!!!
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by dfrost: 9:19am On Apr 10, 2018
Williamso:
Or be a good team player and work well with everyone instead of seeking individual accolades, appreciation and "claiming credit" for achievements

Apt comment you have mate. Team player is key. Don't think of yourself only. Think of others.
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by dfrost: 9:20am On Apr 10, 2018
shepherd003:
act a clown always

cheesy grin I do that a lot but mindful of those that are edgy.

1 Like

Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by dfrost: 9:21am On Apr 10, 2018
RMU:
If u must talk, let it be constructively.
Identify your strength and develop yourself toward the strength.
Be a team player and avoid an eye service because it can come back to halt you.

If you must involve in office politics do not let it be at climax.

Office politics is a serious turn off for me.
Re: How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work by Abbeyme: 9:34am On Apr 10, 2018
Very true

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Do When Your Peer Becomes Your New Boss? / 5 Sure-fire Ways To Getting Your Voice Heard In Your Workplace As An Introvert. / Have You Hawked Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.