Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion (38047 Views)

World Heavyweight Boxing: Fury Vs Wilder Trilogy Sat.9th Oct.2021 / Francis Ngannou Knocks Out Stipe Miocic To Become World Heavyweight Champion / Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by jericco1(m): 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2018
toh every man for himself

2 Likes

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Aaronsrod: 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2018
God will kill him for this words.

He must surely die.

The Lord of Hosts will not be mocked!

Hellfire awaits.
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Topmaike007(m): 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2018
which kind thing AJ they talk now..
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by dododawa1: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
Aprokopo people

1 Like

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by InvertedHammer: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
WotzupNG:
World Heavyweight Boxing champion, Anthony Joshua has given an hint that he’s an atheist. This he did on twitter where he posted a picture showing himself meditating in a boxing ring, probably before a fight. The heavyweight champion who gained the title after knocking out Wladmir Klitschko accompanied the photo with the below caption.

The post didn’t sit well with some fans of his who wondered what he really meant by the statement.

See screenshots below.

https://www.wotzup.ng/anthony-joshua-being-atheist/

Nigerians are the kind that sit around hoping for miracles and gods to pick their calls. God forbid they use the power within them. Anthony just touched that sensitive and lazy part of their brain. God will never come down to do anything for you folks! Apply yourself well and enjoy the fruit of your labour.

Sit in your houses and pray for gods to fight Boko Haram? Oh well. I hope you have your graves ready. Be proactive!

/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by EarthXmetahuman: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
That makes me love him more grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Butterflyleo: 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2018
themosthigh:
Everyone should be an atheist to an extent. On thing I am sure of is that there is not God called Jehovah or Allah in the sky with saints and angels singing and praising him.
No one know what is and what isn’t but liars in the name of prophets, pastors, Imam deceive us in other to control us and collect taxes for an imaginary intelligence.

Only Though science Can Man discover the truth and tear the mask off the face of the infinite if there is one.

@ the words in bold, being sure talks about having the knowledge to back this up. Can you prove this statement of yours?
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Topmaike007(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2018
Aaronsrod:

He must surely die.

Hellfire awaits.
If God no kill am biko, go kill am,mtcheew Naija will Be forming as if they know how to serve God......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by EarthXmetahuman: 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2018
[s]
Aaronsrod:

He must surely die.

Hellfire awaits.
[/s]god will kill you first.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Coldfeets: 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2018
Joshua telling them the bitter truth!

There's really nothing out there that must be worshipped or feared.

It's all inside.

This goes to show that AJ has above average IQ.

Most believers have below average IQ.

That is to say, most believers are dumb.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by GavelSlam: 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2018
Clarinett:
He will loose his next match. I promise

Why?

53% of the UK population identify as having no religion. AJ most likely falls in that category.

It is the Nigerian factor of loudspeakers from imam and Evangelist 6 in the morning that makes you think it is a necessity.

9 Likes

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by kevoh(m): 2:54pm On Apr 09, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
[s][/s]god will kill you first.
lol.. grin grin grin Ignore the guy. He always speaks in a sarcastic tone. If you do not know him well enough on NL you will take him serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by dragonking2: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
Clarinett:

Why didn't he lose all these while?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
This just made me love this chap the more.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by GavelSlam: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
Aaronsrod:

He must surely die.

Hellfire awaits.

God must be like that cruel senior in secondary school that would punish you for not greeting him loud enough .

Why should anyone worship such a cruel being?
grin

7 Likes

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Elkay3: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
Believe in what you chose to believe in, it's on you. What's the fuse about?
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by kevoh(m): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
1. Accept everything just the way it is.
2. Do not seek pleasure for its own sake.
3. Do not, under any circumstances, depend on a partial feeling.
4. Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
5. Be detached from desire your whole life long.
6. Do not regret what you have done.
7. Never be jealous.
8. Never let yourself be saddened by a separation.
9. Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself nor others.
10. Do not let yourself be guided by the feeling of lust or love.
11. In all things have no preferences.
12. Be indifferent to where you live.
13. Do not pursue the taste of good food.
14. Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need.
15. Do not act following customary beliefs.
16. Do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is useful.
17. Do not fear death.
18. Do not seek to possess either goods or fiefs for your old age.
19. Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help.
20. You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honour.
21. Never stray from the Way.”
― Miyamoto Musashi

“there is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.”
― Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Someone can not quote a book again. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Nomswag: 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2018
grin is like our brother want to loose a fight o.....Titanic comes 2 mind
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Elparaiso(m): 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2018
Clarinett:

Did he just become an atheist?

Why hasn't he lost his former matches. The boxer he's going against is a theist, right?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by greggng: 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2018
I think comprehension is the problem of most Nigerians. Respect your gods this does not make him an ethiest. As at the last time I checked small g is used for lesser gods while big G is for God almighty. Only God almighty with the big G cannot fail you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Butterflyleo: 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2018
WotzupNG:
World Heavyweight Boxing champion, Anthony Joshua has given an hint that he’s an atheist. This he did on twitter where he posted a picture showing himself meditating in a boxing ring, probably before a fight. The heavyweight champion who gained the title after knocking out Wladmir Klitschko accompanied the photo with the below caption.

The post didn’t sit well with some fans of his who wondered what he really meant by the statement.

See screenshots below.

https://www.wotzup.ng/anthony-joshua-being-atheist/

Anthony Joshua is not an atheist. His words himself are below

"Prayer is a method practised from ancient days, so it's very important for us to maintain a spiritual connection, something that people, gladiators would do years ago, so we're just maintaining that routine," said the undefeated Joshua, 26.

"Tony leads the prayer, so whatever Tony leads - mainly for a successful night, to come out healthy, and I'm sure, I can't remember every prayer but I'm sure he's mentioned an opponent.

"I just remember it being for us to have a successful night, for us to be watched over.

"I'm not going to dig anyone for their beliefs or anything like that, but I definitely feel religion is a big part of life, whether you believe in it or not, in everyone's day-to-day life religion's a big part. Prayer and so on, and beliefs, is definitely important to me.

"I don't have a preferred religion: I'd have to do research. I was born a Christian but as I've grown into my own man I don't attach myself to a religion; 100 per cent I have faith. Then it's locking into what suits me
."

--------------- Anthony Joshua 2016
Ahead of fight with Dominic Breazeale for the IBF title.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 3:06pm On Apr 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Atheism is gaining ground.
It's becoming globally popularly and surprisingly Nigeria has also caught this bug.

Only that Naija atheists are not real atheists; they
are mostly confused losts soul who think visiting native doctors and using charms makes them atheists.

Just a few of these self-professed atheist are logical, rational souls who understand the true concept of atheism.
You are not an atheist because you neither go to church nor mosque, you are an atheist because you are spiritually independent.

It will only take one event for our brains to be reset.
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by eyinjuege: 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
I think i saw a picture of him in Dubai, praying on a mat. I would have sworn he was a practicing muslim.
His mum goes to a white garment church though
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by jaxxy(m): 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
themosthigh:
Everyone should be an atheist to an extent. On thing I am sure of is that there is not God called Jehovah or Allah in the sky with saints and angels singing and praising him.
No one know what is and what isn’t but liars in the name of prophets, pastors, Imam deceive us in other to control us and collect taxes for an imaginary intelligence.

Only Though science Can Man discover the truth and tear the mask off the face of the infinite if there is one.

I love science bt science has its limitations and cannot explain everything. The age of existence. History and nature gives many facts that tell there is a God above science.
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Butterflyleo: 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
eyinjuege:
I think i saw a picture of him in Dubai, praying on a mat. I would have sworn he was a practicing muslim.
His mum goes to a white garment church though

He is not a practicing muslim. Regarding that incident this was what he said.

Religion is supposed to be a positive thing. When you look at the true religions around the world, not the fundamentalists.

“You always have to go with what your spirit tells you not what people advise you. I’m a man that will always follow my own path.

“One of my best friends is a Muslim guy and we were in Dubai, which is (in) an Islamic country.

“We were on a tour of Dubai and we went to the mosque and it was afternoon prayer so I asked him to pray for me ahead of the Klitschko fight, for good will."

Mike Tyson once adviced him to keep any religious attachment away until after his fights are done and he said he respects that advice from Tyson so sticks to it which is why he wants to be neutral because of his fans. He has two best friends. One is a born again christian who always prays for him before every fight so God can watch over him and Anthony always kneels to take the prayer. His second friend is a practicing Muslim who was the one he joined in the mosque to pray when in Dubai.

He is a very spiritual boxer who has faith. But he just does not want to take the attention away from his boxing and into a religious issue just like it happened with Muhammad Alli.

2 Likes

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Butterflyleo: 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
Atheists who are already throwing a party thinking that Anthony Joshua is an atheist sorry to disappoint you and sorry that I poured sand in your garri.

HE IS NOT AN ATHEIST. HE IS TOO SMART TO BE DELUDED INTO ATHEISM. The nature of his job ensures this and even he knows that his strength alone cannot take him far enough so he draws strength from the spirit within through prayer.

2 Likes

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by kmaster007: 3:23pm On Apr 09, 2018
y don't pple mind deir business..
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by chuckdee4(m): 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2018
He's not lying though, you don't step into the ring hoping God will fight for you, you gotta fight first and pray God does the rest

1 Like

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by CAPSLOCKED: 3:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
themosthigh:

DIDN'T YOU NOTICE IT WAS ONLY MYOPIC AFRICANS THAT WERE IN HIS COMMENT BOX? I'M SURE IF YOU LOOK FURTHER YOU'LL FIND COMMENTS THREATENING HIM WITH HELL AND ANGUISH.

5 Likes

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by airmark(m): 3:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
Aaronsrod:

He must surely die.

Hellfire awaits.

cheesy

Instead of you to ask God to reveal himself to him, you are cursing like a typical naija 'die by fire' pastor.

4 Likes

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2018
Christians are always sensitive.. when it comes to God and what he owns.. if you discover medicine from plants, they tell you God is responsible because he gave you brain and without him you could not have done anything.. why not bloody create vaccines for AIDS and toss them from Heaven like you tossed Manna in the days of old.. abi Internet neva reach heaven...Hiaaaan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by linearity: 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
He said ‘gods’ and not God or even Gods....big difference.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mario Balotelli Scores Bicycle Kick, Gets Phone & Records Celebration Live. Pics / Chelsea FC Confirm Todd Boehly & Co As New Club Owners / FIFA Under Pressure To Hand Iran's World Cup Place To Ukraine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.