Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming (5938 Views)

Hi Please Visit My Online Gaming Site / Is There Really Any Adverse Effect Of Online Gaming? / Xbox One Online Gaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by Dokidoki: 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
I currently use mobile hotspot(Mtn and airtel) for online gaming on my ps4 . though I occasionally get disconnected from gaming session but I still enjoy a smooth or near smooth experience.(FIFA 18)
I checked my connection and discovered it is NAT 3(strict). I understand d experience will be better if it's nat 2 or 1,especially if I want to play online injustice 2 or fps.u might also not be able to connect to friends easily on nat 3
any suggestions on how to go about getting a better NAT connection.

PS: I av checked Google and YouTube......I will appreciate local experience/advice.
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by Dokidoki: 1:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
I stay in a state where the only internet service available are the Mtn,airtel,etisalat,glo network providers

any suggestions?
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by LucemFerre: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2018
9mobile
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by chubbyman(m): 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
Dokidoki:
I currently use mobile hotspot(Mtn and airtel) for online gaming on my ps4 . though I occasionally get disconnected from gaming session but I still enjoy a smooth or near smooth experience.(FIFA 18)
I checked my connection and discovered it is NAT 3(strict). I understand d experience will be better if it's nat 2 or 1,especially if I want to play online injustice 2 or fps.u might also not be able to connect to friends easily on nat 3
any suggestions on how to go about getting a better NAT connection.

PS: I av checked Google and YouTube......I will appreciate local experience/advice.
Try mtn , the network has Port forwarding so you'll be getting a Nat type 2 most times and type 3 on occasion
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by Emeka71(m): 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2018
chubbyman:

Try mtn , the network has Port forwarding so you'll be getting a Nat type 2 most times and type 3 on occasion
I noticed Real Football 2016 is no longer free; they now sell Real Football.
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by Dokidoki: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2018
chubbyman:

I use Mtn
I only get nat3
how do u portforward on Mtn
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by chubbyman(m): 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2018
Dokidoki:

I use Mtn
I only get nat3
how do u portforward on Mtn
I don't do it, the network does and truthfully I sometimes get a Nat type 3 on mtn as well but most times I get a type 2, just depends
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by Dokidoki: 8:06am On Apr 28, 2018
switched to using a mifi and I get NAT 2 with Mtn most times and nat3 always with Airtel.
Mtn is fine with downloads bt Airtel is a no no...it's just always super slow.
then I changed my primary and secondary DNS to Google own and the speed and experience has bn 4times better....I rarely get lags and I never get booted from online sessions due to network.
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by wisemrtortoise: 5:45pm On May 14, 2018
Any PUBG Mobile players?
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by typicalgamer(m): 10:11pm On May 14, 2018
wisemrtortoise:
Any PUBG Mobile players?
here's my number 08128110345
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by chubbyman(m): 9:34pm On May 28, 2018
Dokidoki:
switched to using a mifi and I get NAT 2 with Mtn most times and nat3 always with Airtel.
Mtn is fine with downloads bt Airtel is a no no...it's just always super slow.
then I changed my primary and secondary DNS to Google own and the speed and experience has bn 4times better....I rarely get lags and I never get booted from online sessions due to network.
I'm guessing you don't get a Nat type 2 on Airtel only type 3, whenever I get a Nat type 2 on mtn I sometimes get disconnected from online gaming, but a Nat type 3 on the same mtn and it's a good online, wondering what could be the reason for this conondrum cause I'll rather prefer to play online on Nat type 2.
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by XxLawMakerxX(m): 6:54am On Mar 11, 2019
Most mobile ISPs(MTN, Airtel, GLO and Etisalat) have their firewall up for more security, this gives restricted access on some ports which hinders optimal connection to other players on the internet.PS this translates to Strict NAT type(Same as 3 on PS4).
So using a mobile hotspot is like a router(Modem) with limited access, cos it has less settings to help bypass the firewall, using a router or a modem gives you more access and control over the internet which can sometimes help you bypass the firewall though it resets once in a while thats why you have random disconnects.
Now using a proper ISP(Spectranet, Swift, Ntel e.t.c.) is much better as the networks have already been tailored from the moderator to have more loose firewall settings which enable optimal connectivity to almost everything on the internet. This is to say more ports have been open which means youll be able to connect better to players on the net. This thus gives you better NAT types like Open and Moderate.
I have used both regular and mobile ISPs and found that for SPEED you cant go wrong with Mobile ISPs but just be rest assured that you might not be able to connect to your friends on most games except they have an open NAT. But for optimal gaming experiences, Regular ISPs are the way to go though youll sacrifice some speed but youll mostly have a moderate NAT than Open NAT which is better than a Strict one.
I use NTEL and Glo for my gaming sessions on Xbox One on CPE Gateways(Router+Modem) and i rarely have issues except they have connection issues.
For any questions you can hit me up on tlaw_lud@yahoo.com
BTW im not an IT guru

chubbyman:

I'm guessing you don't get a Nat type 2 on Airtel only type 3, whenever I get a Nat type 2 on mtn I sometimes get disconnected from online gaming, but a Nat type 3 on the same mtn and it's a good online, wondering what could be the reason for this conondrum cause I'll rather prefer to play online on Nat type 2.

1 Like

Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by austinzido: 5:45am On Jun 02, 2019
Are you tired of SUBSCRIBING multiple times in a month?
ARE YOU A GAMER AND NEED UNLIMITED INTERNET TO PLAY IN THE WORLD'S E_LEAGUES (like me�)?
Do you wanna follow/ stream your favorite shows and TV series online?
Are you interested in genuinely UNLIMITED INTERNET for your residence or Office one that takes your mind off worry about who's downloading what??
Look no further as TIZETI NETWORK brings to you WIFI.COM.NG, genuinely unlimited internet for just #9500 (subscription cost) per month (30 days).
For more info or Enquiry Call
AUSTIN (No1 Sales and Customer service agent): 07065807480
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by willian10: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
cool
XxLawMakerxX:
Most mobile ISPs(MTN, Airtel, GLO and Etisalat) have their firewall up for more security, this gives restricted access on some ports which hinders optimal connection to other players on the internet.PS this translates to Strict NAT type(Same as 3 on PS4).
So using a mobile hotspot is like a router(Modem) with limited access, cos it has less settings to help bypass the firewall, using a router or a modem gives you more access and control over the internet which can sometimes help you bypass the firewall though it resets once in a while thats why you have random disconnects.
Now using a proper ISP(Spectranet, Swift, Ntel e.t.c.) is much better as the networks have already been tailored from the moderator to have more loose firewall settings which enable optimal connectivity to almost everything on the internet. This is to say more ports have been open which means youll be able to connect better to players on the net. This thus gives you better NAT types like Open and Moderate.
I have used both regular and mobile ISPs and found that for SPEED you cant go wrong with Mobile ISPs but just be rest assured that you might not be able to connect to your friends on most games except they have an open NAT. But for optimal gaming experiences, Regular ISPs are the way to go though youll sacrifice some speed but youll mostly have a moderate NAT than Open NAT which is better than a Strict one.
I use NTEL and Glo for my gaming sessions on Xbox One on CPE Gateways(Router+Modem) and i rarely have issues except they have connection issues.
For any questions you can hit me up on tlaw_lud@yahoo.com
BTW im not an IT guru

Is there a way I can get NAT type 2 on my airtel?
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by Monatyk(m): 5:29pm On Aug 28, 2019
I've been attracted to gambling lately. I discovered this kind of games quite recently, but the mechanics of the game suit me. And especially online slots that pay real cash which is very pleasing. I just started, but I quickly got used to it and realized what was happening. And most importantly, these games do not require a strong computer or set-top box.
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by tancyy: 5:39am On Aug 30, 2019
12 months PS Plus subscription code for US accounts for sale at 18k.

Whatsapp 08094971018
Re: Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming by jacquelintorres: 10:29am On Jun 13, 2021
cori908:
The choice is so big ...

Definitely. Even after reading the thread, I can't decide on ultimately

(1) (Reply)

Pc Gamers, What Are Your Pc Specs? / Cost Of Setting Up A Gamehouse In Nigeria / Good Games You Can Play On Low-end Pc's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.