Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Torres In Last Season At Atletico Madrid - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Torres In Last Season At Atletico Madrid (317 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Faces Ban For Swearing At Atletico Madrid Fans (Photos) / See What Torres Received As Prize After Friendly Match With Super Eagles. / Fernando Torres In Uyo For Atletico VS Super Eagles (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Torres In Last Season At Atletico Madrid by DAMIDEZ12(m): 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
Torres has announced that he will be leaving Atletico Madrid at the end of the season.

The Spain striker joined Atletico at 10 Years Old, spending six years in the academy and six years in the first team. The star player joined Liverpool and scored 65 goals in 102 appearances, before joining Chelsea, where he dipped in form.

Torres rejoined Atletico Madrid in 2015 and regained form.

At 34 years old, however, the striker is ready to move on.

When I joined Atletico I was 10 years old and it’s my house. I was lucky to debut, to play, to score goals… it’s always been my home. I can have many houses, but only one home,” he said at a promotional event for LG.

“I’ve been part of an Atletico side that is always able to fight for titles and it’ll always be my home. It has been for my whole life.

“This is my last season at the club – it was not an easy decision, but under the circumstances it’s maybe for the best.

“I want to continue playing somewhere else. I feel good.”

Source: https://proudlyloaded.com/sport-news/torres-last-season-atletico-madrid/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Uefa,europa League Draw! / Arsene Wenger: A Tribute To Epls Most Successful Foreign Manager / Iceland To Name World Cup Final Squad On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.