Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

My Second Term Bid Based On Clamour By Nigerians, Buhari Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Second Term Bid Based On Clamour By Nigerians, Buhari Says (414 Views)

2023: Sagay Fumes Over Clamour For Presidency To Remain In North / Bayelsa Senatorial Race: Supporters Clamour For Lyon, Dickson / North Cautions Yoruba, Southerners On Clamour For 1963 Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1)

My Second Term Bid Based On Clamour By Nigerians, Buhari Says by Buhari2019: 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday said his decision to seek re -election in 2019 was based on the clamour by Nigerians .
According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity , Garba Shehu , the President said this at a closed - door meeting of the National Executive Council of the ruling All Progressives Congress , held at the party ’ s headquarters in Abuja.
The statement read , “ President Muhammadu Monday in Abuja declared his intention to seek re -election in 2019 .
“ President Buhari made the declaration at a closed - door meeting of the National Executive Council of the All Progressives Congress .
“ The President said he was responding to the clamour by Nigerians to re - contest in 2019 , adding that he wanted to give NEC the honour of notifying them first .
“ Shortly before making the declaration , the President presented a speech on the report submitted by the APC National Executive Technical Committee . ”
According to the News Agency of Nigeria , Buhari had earlier presented a speech on the report submitted by the APC National Executive Technical Committee , and specifically thanked members of the committee for carrying out its assignment on time .
“ It shows a great sense of commitment to the ideals of our party with a view to consolidating and positioning the party to continue delivering good governance in the overall interest of Nigerians .
“ With the present state of the party and based on the report submitted by the Technical Committee , it is important to focus on how to move the party forward by avoiding actions detrimental to the interest of the party .
“ Considering that politics is a game of numbers , we must not be a house divided against itself and must try to note , appreciate and accommodate our differences as far as the law permits.
“ Upon my review of the Report, my position is to ensure that the party tows the path of unity, legality and cohesion and not that of division , ’’
NAN quoted Buhari as saying.
Additional report by NAN

http://punchng.com/updated-my-second-term-bid-based-on-clamour-by-nigerians-buhari-says/

Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: My Second Term Bid Based On Clamour By Nigerians, Buhari Says by Mynd44: 7:09pm On Apr 09, 2018

(1)

Breaking:Shippers' Council Partners Oyo State,chinese Investors For 72B / T.a Orji Looted Billions Of Naira Meant For Development Of Abia – Group Tells Fg / JUST IN: PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Benue Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.