Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} (6639 Views)

9ice Clears The Air On Toni Payne Cheating:She Never Cheated On Me Wit Ruggedman / Liam Payne Buys Wizkid £1.2Million Champagne / Toni Braxton And Beyonce---who Is The Sexiest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by nellaluv(f): 3:01am On May 13, 2010

The thre.e_some

9ice refuses to clear the rumour of Ruggedman's alleged intimate relationship with Toni Payne because he believes it sells him records.

9ice's 'once bitten once twice' track on his 'Tradition' album singing about his lady (not his wife,lol) giving his friend "nodding" (what in d world is that shocked grin ) [blo_w.job/fluting] which was speculated that he was referring to Toni Payne, his ex-wife and his friend who largely contributed to the success he enjoys today, Rugged Man. Rugged Man and Toni have been pressing for a press statement from 9ice but he refuse to even after pressure from Toni Payne. Toni Payne informed he always let it pass with the pretext that he was busy.
Rugged Man during the week put a call across to him and recorded the phone call coversation.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO PHONE CALL CONVERSATION BETWEEN THEM

''such thing has never happened between my wife [Toni Payne] and Rugged Man", 9ice said in the phone conversation.
After insistence by Rugged Man, 9ice said he won't release a statement though "Release your Album, sell your sh_it and don't give a fc*k what they say about it".

'I called 9ice to talk about it and clear it up and he said so many things including that he will not come out and clear my name that has been dragged into a malicious rumour.
I did not want to believe that 9ice has refused to clear it up because it is helping his album sales like people have said. I did not want to believe it but i am happy i recorded the conversation and i want you all to hear for yourselves what he said to me so that this rumour can stop once and for all'. Rugged Man wrote.

Toni Payne

http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/05/9ice-to-ruggedman-i-wont-clear-rumour-of-your-affair-with-my-wife-toni-payne/
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by nellaluv(f): 3:10am On May 13, 2010
***** UPDATED*****
9ice has commented on the recorded conversation made available by Ruggedman. Talking to Top Ten Naija, he was quoted to have said:
'Rugged man issue is like a fowl trying to fly like a bird. Tho' they are all birds.
If you didn't do something and you are never accused of, why are you going extra miles to cover up when you know you you never did it and you are never accused. Thanks. God bless'

whatever undecided
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by bawomolo(m): 3:31am On May 13, 2010
what's the point of recording and leaking the phone conversation?
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by ikamefa(f): 7:02am On May 13, 2010
yeye story!

all this controversy and drama for what nah!

small pikin runs! grin

abegie yeye dey smell! grin grin
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by nellaluv(f): 8:43am On May 13, 2010
Here’s the transcription of the phone conversion:

Ruggedman: [/b]Hello 9ice, Rugged ni.
[b]9ice:
Okay
Ruggedman: You dey Lagos abi you outside Lagos?
9ice: I dey Lagos.
Ruggedman: [/b]Abeg I just wan hear from you. This your song, Once bitten twice shy, is it actually about Toni Payne?
[b]9ice:
What kind of a question is that?
Ruggedman:…because go my Facebook wall and see wetin people dey write. Dem dey assume say na me and she you dey talk about.
9ice: Which kind talk be that? Me and you get problem? Why you sef go concede to ask me that kind question? You sef be intimate with up.
Ruggedman: [/b]I write for Toni Payne wall and people say I suppose call you and ask you. So that’s why I dey call you now. I no say no be me, but I wan hear from you.
[b]9ice: [/b]Okay, that kind thing don happen between me and you before?
[b]Ruggedman:
No.
9ice: So why you dey follow public say them talk say? You don pass this level na.
Ruggedman: I need you to confirm.
9ice: Rugged, that kind thing don happen between me and you before? Or you hear say 9ice talk say? Leave all these motherf**king press people na. Why you dey follow dem talk?
Ruggedman: No be press dey talk.
9ice: Ehen, so leave them na.
Ruggedman: No be press dey talk, na people
9ice: Rugged, anybody wey talk, bring them make them come follow me talk. Whether them dey there when I talk am. All those things na bullsh**t now. Na people just dey make am up. All those things na make up.
Ruggedman: I write for facebook say as long as 9ice no talk, as long as Toni no talk…
[b]9ice: [/b]Abi I call you say Rugged you do this thing? Which kind rubbish be that?
Ruggedman:[/b]The reason I dey call you, I been want make even if nah through your publicist, just tell them say look people, I only sang a song, I didn’t talk about Toni Payne or Rugged or anybody.
[b]9ice:
No mind them jare.
Ruggedman:[/b]If I keep quiet about this, some people say being quiet is guilty. If I talk, dem go say I dey try defend myself.
[b]9ice:
Exactly.
Ruggedman: Even my momsie (Mum) dey talk say why 9ice no just come out say no, no be so o
9ice: No mind them jare. Thi is 2010 abeg, me I no get too much things to talk abeg. For me personally, what i got to tell the public, I have told them. I am separate with my wife, and that’s it.
Ruggedman: We no dey talk about you separation…
9ice: No, why I talk about am be say that na the only thing wey I owe the public. To come dey talk say someone is sleeping with someone…
Ruggedman: Now the issue be say you song, Once Bitter Twice Shy, people dey assume say na me and a lot of people are bugging me about it. I want you to talk so that I know that I have cleared this thing.
9ice: Ok now Rugged, from me to you now, read my lips ho ha, it is not Rugged that I am talking to, and such things have never transpired between Ruggedman and my wife. Allow the public to say whatever they want to say, we are not people, we are stars and as stars, people will talk about us, do you understand? But from me to you, that thing has never happened.
Ruggedman: Thank you.
9ice: So me going out and talking about it sef is rubbish.
Ruggedman: I just need one favour so all this bullshit can stop. Your album is out, it’s out. I know what I am working on. I know the kind of calls wey I dey receive. When I heard about it, I did a press release and just said, guys shut up, leave all this alone. 9ice sang a song, he didn’t mention anybody’s name, so why are people putting me or putting his wife? So, the only favour I ask you as a friend, if na through your publicist, just say look, I sang a song about maybe past experience or something, not about Toni Payne, or Rugged, please leave them alone, finish.
9ice: I won’t do that because I no go do am. I no get time.
Ruggedman: Oh so you prefer make people dey talk about me and Toni Payne in that light?
9ice: Rugged, Rugged, at this stage of my career, me I don pass that level. Na something wey I go fit do for 2001. Me I want make you put yourself for that level. Release your album and make your money. Don’t give be intimate with about what anybody says. Na today dem dey talk about you? Do you understand what I am saying? So, why it is now that they talk about you that has to do with me that you are calling me? Rugged what if i know dey around? If they talk about you, the best thing you can do is go all out and clear yourself. Me I dey tell you now say nothing like that happen. What if I write another song like that again tomorrow about the same thing, I would have to clear myself again? What for? It’s just a song.
SMDH
*rollz eyez* undecided
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by Felibaby(f): 9:31am On May 13, 2010
Shio! all of them be dindinrin. tongue
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by Woke4all(m): 9:53am On May 13, 2010
Big boy na big boy no matta what so why rugged dey act like dat?  Abeg i gbadun nice style
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by lizzybabe1(f): 1:11pm On May 13, 2010
nellaluv:

9ice: Ok now Rugged,
from me to you now, read
my lips ho ha, it is not
Rugged that I am talking
to, and such things have
never transpired between
Ruggedman and my wife.
Allow the public to say
whatever they want to
say, we are not people,
we are stars and as
stars, people will talk
about us, do you
understand?
But from me
to you, that thing has
never happened.

Ok, somebody tell me: What is 9ice feeling like? "We are not people, we are stars". Pele o, Mr Star. Musicians come and go, enjoy it while it lasts.

1 Like

Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by nellaluv(f): 3:31pm On May 13, 2010
bawomolo:

what's the point of recording and leaking the phone conversation?

one word drama king cheesy
i mean two tongue

ikamefa:

yeye story!

all this controversy and drama for what nah!

small pikin runs! grin

abegie yeye dey smell! grin grin

yeye dey smell jare grin grin
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by Aglah1976(f): 3:45pm On May 13, 2010
listened to the conversation, sounded really 'warlike' well sha, ohun oju kori kii bokan je, but what was he trying to imply when he said OJUKORO KI MA KI POJU KORO JE, did he see with his koro koro eyes,
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by skfa1: 3:56pm On May 13, 2010
Na wah o
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by legzyrals(m): 6:36pm On May 13, 2010
Me i don't know dat 9ice has turn to an american now u be big boy, he be turn by turn, u omo iya agba ni oke aro
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by Skidoc(m): 8:56pm On May 13, 2010
That girl wowo o! Chei! grin grin
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by nellaluv(f): 9:10pm On May 13, 2010
Thank God someone noticed cheesy she wowo no be small i tink say na my eye dey deceive me b4,lol.
It seems the jazz she used on 9ice has faded and is no longer potent now 9ice can see the light grin
The Lord is goose tongue
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by sjeezy8: 1:13am On May 14, 2010
damn dis babe is ooooogly mehn shet I dont know why some guys get babes like this pregnant-

maybe cause shes rich. . . . hmm 9ice poverty is a bad tin
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by Dotman01(m): 9:21am On May 14, 2010
Mods pls put the thread on d homepage. Rugged na idiot, u call someone ur friend nd still u posted ur private conversatn to d internet. . . . . I love hw 9ice responded. . . Lol
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by lizzybabe1(f): 9:30am On May 14, 2010
They are both ugly. Don't pick on the girl alone. tongue
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by Dotman01(m): 9:34am On May 14, 2010
Mods pls put the thread on d homepage. Rugged na idiot, u call someone ur friend nd still u posted ur private conversatn to d internet. . . . . I love hw 9ice responded. . . Lol
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by spicyhoney(f): 12:25pm On May 14, 2010
Ruggedman is really a BIG FOOL to have posted the conversation on the net. Too bad!
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by Newest: 1:26pm On May 14, 2010
all of them na Ewu, 9ice dey feel like super star, Ruggedy dey behave as my last born no fit behave, Payne Ugly like watin i no no
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by Basics007: 2:37pm On May 14, 2010
I'm always amazed as to why Rugged was d person linked to the track. I bought the album just cos of d song and in no way did 9ice made any reference to Ruggedman in d whole track. So why d link? Could have been anyone from Ajasa to 2Phat or anyone else in Coded tunes.
I'm not really down with 9ice in all these. If it was true he wasnt talkin about Ruggedman he could have come out to dispel d rumors IF FOR NOTHING ELSE BUT FOR FRIENDSHIP SAKE. U never know,this could ruin Ruggedman's career cos a lot of these corporate bodies hate associating with stigmatised artistes( rem Eedris?). So 9ice pls if u r readin these,come out to clear d air. THAT IS IF REALLY U AINT TALKIN ABOUT HIM.
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by semid4lyfe(m): 3:14pm On May 14, 2010
9ice has always courted controversy with his songs. Didn't he say some derogatory things about his parents in 'kinda life' from his Gongo Aso album? Wonder why Toni and Ruggedman are taking it so personal.
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by icon2: 9:10pm On May 16, 2010
I think dat Rugged did d rite thing inorder 2 clear his name, he can't just keep shut while 9ice make moni at d expense of Rugged career,
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by ursa: 1:39pm On May 17, 2010
I do not believe this.

Weeks on ,  people were suspected, names destroyed, career in question.

9ice should grow up. In this internet age he should have come clean. He owes it to Toni or Rugged.

Silly of him to claim Rugged was his friend while he watch the chap suffer unnecessarily.

9ice should wake up from his champagne life and star filled lenses to learn to live life more seriously.
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by Abbygyal(f): 2:06pm On May 17, 2010
this thread is all about the conversation rugged man had with 9ice. . . . .why talk about his exwife being ugly?? do you expect every lady a celebrity marries to be stunning or drop dead gorgeous? abeg give the girl a break mahn!! beauty is in the eyes of the beholder . . kmt!
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by olulu(m): 10:26pm On May 17, 2010
what is life without controvesy?
9ice sing,
toni payne is pained,
rugged dey vex,

if the issue no come up, we freaking won't b on nairaland,
i got it all lined up in d May edition of my mag,
so as rugged talk in d past, "make d fire burn, !!!"

grin grin grin grin grin grin

9ice abeg, no put water o !!!!
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by nellaluv(f): 11:23pm On May 17, 2010
^ ^ ofcourse we would we here, i speak for myself atleast i will. I send person message
Before the rumour started there was nairaland, after the rumour nairaland will stil be here. If they mess up we'll still be here to talk about it.
Ruggedman did the right thing, since 9ice refused to call a press conference to clear the air. The rumour was every where, little things like this can mar a person's career and personality.
9ice remember say na u talk am o 'omo na turn by turn'
which one concern me sef tongue
Shior! all them be dindinrin. tongue
grin
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by nellaluv(f): 11:31pm On May 17, 2010
Newest: all of them na Ewu, 9ice dey feel like super star, Ruggedy dey behave as my last born no fit behave, Payne Ugly like watin i no no
Rofl. . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
u don marry
@abbygal, she's ugly now. How can we just talk without talking about the bone of contention tongue
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by chemali: 10:21am On May 18, 2010
cant believe you guys are blaming ruggedman

what would it cost 9ice to deny the rumours? he seems to forget that toni is the mother of his son and he wont be a celebrity forever. it is obvious from that tape that he is using the rumour to sell the album. an album to me that sounds wack. even the controversial 'twice beaten once shy' song: the instrumental does not really flow with the song.

i like what ruggedman did. it is obvious that he is hurt by the bad rumours. do you know what it means to be accussed of knacking another man's wife? and accussed of being behind the breakup of a lady's marriage? he made a good move by releasing the tape to the world. the conversation shows how poor and low 9ice level of intelligence is. what will it cost him to clear the air regarding the song. rather he has chosen to rubbish the mother of his son and his frend just becos he thinks he is a celebrity absolute nonsense !

i blame toni payne. thats why its always good to marry someone within your social class and status. toni na confirmed big girl. had been staying in USA for years at a time 9ice had never dreamed of flying past muritala airport. 9ice was nowhere near her level. she is well educated and well travelled. you need to hear her speak. unlike 9ice that covers his poor english language skills with pidgin english.

maybe if she had not gotten pregnant for him, she wont have married him. 9ice decided to marry just to avoid the scandal of being a 'seed sower' like 2face. because it was about the same period that 2face was getting back press for having kids from women he was not married to, that 9ice announced he was getting married to an already pregant toni.

she helped him financially regarding his first album. you need to see the album jacket to read the credits he gave to her. the truth is, she was highly influentially in 9ice career. setting him up with the right marketing and promotion agents. thats the truth and everyone including 9ice himself knows it !
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by nellaluv(f): 10:51am On May 18, 2010
^ ^ true; very true what
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by nellaluv(f): 10:51am On May 18, 2010
^ ^ true; very true what
Re: Rugged Man & 9ice's Private Phone Conversation On Toni Payne {leaked} by funkybaby(f): 1:23pm On May 18, 2010
chemali:

i like what ruggedman did. it is obvious that he is hurt by the bad rumours. do you know what it means to be accussed of knacking another man's wife? and accussed of being behind the breakup of a lady's marriage? he made a good move by releasing the tape to the world. the conversation shows how poor and low 9ice level of intelligence is. what will it cost him to clear the air regarding the song. rather he has chosen to rubbish the mother of his son and his frend just becos he thinks he is a celebrity absolute nonsense !

spot on !

(1) (2) (Reply)

How can i delete this post / Young6ix Vs Olamidevs Skales Vs Erigga** / Opinion: Nas Is The Most Handsome Rapper Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.