Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration (23181 Views)

Interior Pictures Of The Trains To Be Used For The Lagos Light Rail / Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja / President Buhari Commissions Abuja Light Rail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by DoTheNeedful: 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
Super1759:
Special Thanks to This Man. He was the fore brain behind it.

Credit should also be given to the current govt. People like encourage abandoned projects which are many in Nigeria. What if the current govt did not continue with the project?

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by serverconnect(m): 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
Another Scam from APC
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by rickyrex(m): 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
if the way they are developing and channeling our resourced to abuja is the same way abuja is contributing economically to nigeria like Lagos e for better. bueatiful state with empty value or contribution
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by drey076(m): 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2018
#backtodaura2019
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by enlady(f): 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
Kudos to the FG for a good work
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by laffwitmi: 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
God bless you bro
DoTheNeedful:

Credit should also be given to the current govt. People like encourage abandoned projects which are many in Nigeria. What if the current govt did not continue with the project?

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by DrMuzungu(m): 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
cyberdurable:
And someone is telling me that Buhari isn't Working...
If I slap you wailers eh!!! Buhari for 2019 undecided

No, he isn't working. It is the tax-payers who pay taxes into the budget, and it is the oil workers who extract the oil and gas from the ground and under the sea. Then, it is the hard-working men and women on each construction site. THEY are working. Bubu just nodded his head in approval, and so did Jonathan.

But let's look into all invoices submitted by contractors. How much of the money went back into politicians' pockets? Did you hear of bag of cement going for 50K? Eh...
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by seguno2: 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
Terminator1234g:
AND E-RATS SAY BUHARI NO DEY WORK

Of course he is taking three years to put finishing touches on what Jonathan nearly completed.

nawtyme:
Previous Govts Initiated ‘Most Of The Things This Administration Is Doing’ – Adesina

A majority of the projects the Muhammadu Buhari administration is working on was inherited from previous administrations, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity has said.

Mr Femi Adesina said this when he appeared on Channels Television’s special Independence anniversary programme on Sunday.

“Most of the things this administration is doing – 60 to 70 percent of them – were initiated by previous governments,” he said.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/10/01/previous-govts-initiated-most-of-the-things-this-administration-is-doing-adesina/
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by laffwitmi: 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2018
Pig,if i slap uuuuuuuuu grin grin grin
drey076:
#backtodaura2019
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Germannig: 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2018

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Germannig: 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2018
Guyman02:
why use picture of train from another country?

Thanks for noticing. Fake news
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by richiepolymer(m): 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2018
This is exactly what Lagos state needs not that useless BRT and overly expensive lane created by LASG. This kind of transport drastically reduces loss of man hours and commutes as many people as possible within a few minutes. Traffic proof!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by jelel6: 4:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
cooltola:
So the federal government abandoned Lagos states to develop Abuja FCT. Lagos generates a lot of money , just mismanaged by some myopic Yoruba leaders who cannot even think with their brain, find a way to develop efficient train system that will ease traffic congestion, look for alternate way to generate electricity which will eventually help grow businesses and generate trillions of dollars enough for everyone to eat. If only we had leaders with visions.

What's the purpose of what you wrote here? must everything you say be a diversionary statement?

If you say government abandoned Lagos, what are the people in insurgency ravage areas going to say? I'm pretty sure there ARE ongoing rail projects with Lagos as one of their routes, what else do you want again sir? perhaps, the ones involving Lagos must be completed before others before you'll agree it's not been 'abandoned'.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by LordAdam16: 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

Possibly.

But the money had already been provided since 2012.

"The federal government had taken a $1.1 billion facility from China Exim Bank in 2012, $500 million of which was earmarked for the Abuja Light Rail project which was at 25 percent completion at the time. The facility was obtained on a 2.5 percent interest over 20 years with a grace period of seven years. SURE-P also provided N20 billion counterpart funding for the project."

The contractor CECC had already been on the project since the groundbreaking was done by Obasanjo in 2007. Unfortunately, the global financial crisis and oil price slump of 2008/2009 meant that by 2010, the project had only reached 20% completion.

So the Buhari administration spent nada on this project. Any money spent was for administrative costs (inspections and the likes). Their only contribution has been resolving the myriads of bureaucratic challenges that plague the project. This is a project that has been on auto-pilot.

The rail project I'd applaud the Buhari administration for is securing funding and awarding the contract for the Lagos-Calabar rail project. It wouldn't even near completion until the 2020's but the die has been cast and barring any major disruptions it would continue on auto-pilot regardless of what administration enters in 2019.

-Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by litaninja(m): 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2018
But no Pishure? issokay
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by DoTheNeedful: 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2018
LordAdam16:

Possibly.

But the money had already been provided since 2012.

"The federal government had taken a $1.1 billion facility from China Exim Bank in 2012, $500 million of which was earmarked for the Abuja Light Rail project which was at 25 percent completion at the time. The facility was obtained on a 2.5 percent interest over 20 years with a grace period of seven years. SURE-P also provided N20 billion counterpart funding for the project."

The contractor CECC had already been on the project since the groundbreaking was done by Obasanjo in 2007. Unfortunately, the global financial crisis and oil price slump of 2008/2009 meant that by 2010, the project had only reached 20% completion.

So the Buhari administration spent nada on this project. Any money spent was for administrative costs (inspections and the likes). Their only contribution has been resolving the myriads of bureaucratic challenges that plague the project. This is a project that has been on auto-pilot.

The rail project I'd applaud the Buhari administration for is securing funding and awarding the contract for the Lagos-Calabar rail project. It wouldn't even near completion until the 2020's but the die has been cast and barring any major disruptions it would continue on auto-pilot regardless of what administration enters in 2019.

-Lord

Okay, but what if the current govt cancel the project? I am not trying to be partisan but we should not encourage unhealthy rivalry.

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by LordAdam16: 4:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

Okay, but what if the current govt cancel the project? I am not trying to be partisan but we should not encourage unhealthy rivalry.

Cancel a project that is already at 70+% completion with a loan of $500m (currently N150 billion) that has already been disbursed and much of the money has been used. It is impossible. Interest rate is 2.5% (approx N3.75 billion) annually and it'd keep counting whether they cancel it or not until they pay all the money back in full.

They can't even abandon the project.

-Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by lexsals4real(m): 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2018
Germannig:

When did MTA (Maryland Transportation Authority) become Abuja rail? Fake news
Incase u r looking for d real picture..see below.. don't just confirmed something u care not to research on...
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by zeefa: 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2018
Iammercy2018:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/04/10/abuja-light-rail-ready-for-inauguration/amp/

This picture shows a State of Maryland Maryland transport Authority train! Lies everywhere!
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by lexsals4real(m): 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
Germannig:

lncase u r looking for d real picture..see below.. don't just confirmed something u care not to research on...... grin
Germannig:

lncase u r looking for d real picture..see below.. don't just confirmed something u care not to research on......
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by jelel6: 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
seguno2:

Of course he is taking three years to put finishing touches on what Jonathan nearly completed.

In essence, you're saying: Because you don't want Buhari to claim this as one of his administration's accomplishments, he shouldn't put "finishing touches" as you claim, but instead, the project should be abandoned because Jonathan initiated it?

Let me give an advice; when you become president, blow up all the power generation plants in existence and start from scratch with your own power project because previous administrations have contributed to it. Praise singers like yourself will be overjoyed since you started from the bottom and go from 0 to 100 real quick.

The advice is based on your Logic Bro, not mine, so you should appreciate it better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Iammercy2018: 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
Germannig:

Thanks for noticing. Fake news
wail wail wail oooo grin

Una go wail until 2023, una never know anything
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Iammercy2018: 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2018
zeefa:

This picture shows a State of Maryland Maryland transport Authority train! Lies everywhere!

W.A.N

WAILERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by cooltola(m): 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2018
[quote author=jelel6 post=66592544]

What's the purpose of what you wrote here? must everything you say be a diversionary statement?

If you say government abandoned Lagos, what are the people in insurgency ravage areas going to say? I'm pretty sure there ARE ongoing rail projects with Lagos as one of their routes, what else do you want again sir? perhaps, the ones involving Lagos must be completed before others before you'll agree it's not been 'abandoned'. [/q

You know why Lagos is an economic center of Nigeria and most populated State in the whole West Africa , Abuja is just an administrative area , 7 out of 10 Nigerians have lived or visited Lagos at one point in their lives, done businesses in Lagos. Where the State that is labeled as the center of excellence cannot do well in Electricity and some many businesses can develop if only the Federal Government can given attention to very potential economic power house of a state and provide jobs for many unemployed youth.Sometimes we failed to prioritize in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by jelel6: 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2018
[quote author=cooltola post=66594338][/quote]

perhaps, I agree with 70% percent of what you said there. if you check, several railway projects are linked to Lagos already. This very one in Abuja is not just an intra city project, but will also link several cities or towns in the North. places with ordinary people like you and me.

Why I understand and appreciate the importance of Lagos to Nigeria's development, We cannot concentrate all industries and urbanization efforts in one city, state or region alone. That's what putting Nigeria first should be all about and not prioritizing Lagos or any other state per say.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Amuluonyenaego: 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2018
Three people you can never advice in this world. (1) Man with Money (2) Woman in Love. (3) Buhari supporters.
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by 9jaArea: 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2018
The obasanjo administration actually birthed the idea of the Abuja Light rail when Abuja submitted a bid to host the 2014 common wealth games.
Why then did a project meant to be completed before 2014 could not be inaugurated years after? Even at the time Nigeria earned billions of dollars in oil revenue.

Super1759:
Special Thanks to This Man. He was the fore brain behind it.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by 9jaArea: 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2018
It is called light rail because of its lower capacity and speed compared to high capacity passenger train.
Light here does not mean electricity.

phayvoursky:
Anything associated with light doesn't work in this country.

Darkness has comprehended the light

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by 9jaArea: 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2018
Abuja is not a state, it is the administrative and political capital of Nigeria.

rickyrex:
if the way they are developing and channeling our resourced to abuja is the same way abuja is contributing economically to nigeria like Lagos e for better. bueatiful state with empty value or contribution
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by 9jaArea: 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

Don't mind them, after the loan from the Chinese, that project was stalled not once or twice. I laugh anytime I hear people saying this project was at 90% completion when GEJ left.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by qrymz(m): 6:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
bjayx:
I hope its true...too much lies from this govt.

I drive around Abuja daily and I've never seen any sign of this. The last train they said was functional has increased fares and I only see tracks but never seen a train passed over it which means it is not as functional as it should be. God help us with all these lies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Overloaded Truck Carrying Logs Of Wood In Ilese (Photos) / Ongoing Awka Millennium City Full Coverage (video & Photos) / Trailer Poured Its Contents On JIBOWU BRIDGE Towards The Mainland - Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.