Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,693 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance (49974 Views)

How To Lighten Your Skin Without Using Bleaching Cream / Is Caro White A Bleaching Cream??? / Effects Of Bleaching Cream On The Human Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by LilRed1(f): 5:47pm On Mar 13, 2007
Bleach Cream Or Not?

Would you use bleaching cream to better your appearence?

Some of them contain harsh ingrediants but others do work.

Its been said (I didn't say this) that "Lighter is seen to be more attractive".

Would you use it to better your appearence? undecided
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by Free(f): 12:05am On Mar 14, 2007
betta ur appearance

plz if u not cute
ur not cute

bleachin ur skin aint gonna betta anythin

all is gon do is make u light

it doesnt garuntee automatic beautyness grin grin grin
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by naijacutee(f): 2:44am On Mar 14, 2007
Lil Red, you want to turn Lil Green with varicose veins sticking out the face?

Ok, on a serious note, "Black" does not need to improved on, It's already beautiful! You can bleach your skin all you like but you can never bleach your heart. You'll still feel inadequate and odd if you don't sort it out from the heart.

Girl, I wouldn't advise it.

1 Like

Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 14, 2007
better ur appearance? what's wrong with ur appearance?
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by robby1(m): 11:09am On Mar 14, 2007
Better which skin? your beautiful black colour? i advice u look for some people who have bleached their skin then (especially the old women) and tell me if thats how you would like to look like when you get old. First, your skin will be so fragile that per-adventure you need an operation, the doctors will not be able to sew ur skin back and your wounds will take longer to heal. Black is beautiful my dear. dont let anyone decieve you into bleaching your skin.
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by robby1(m): 11:13am On Mar 14, 2007
Oh and i forgot. You are going to have black patches in some areas on ur body most likely ur knees elbow and ears and maybe ur fingers too. Believe me, its not worth doing. God has given u the best skin so enjoy it.
Peace.
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by RiffRaff: 11:18am On Mar 14, 2007
Micheal Jackson is in a better position answer your question. grin grin grin
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by akara(m): 11:26am On Mar 14, 2007
grin

u start with the face and where else, dont forget there are areas that the sun dont shine, what happens there!

grin
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by Cyclone5(m): 11:26am On Mar 14, 2007
Rather than trying to improve your appearance, try and improve your mind. Maybe then wetin you dey find go Sokoto you go find for your shokoto.  sad
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by akara(m): 11:38am On Mar 14, 2007
grin

I am sure it started with a little desire to improve the appearance:

For more read http://www.counterpunch.org/mire07282005.html

Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by Bulga(m): 11:43am On Mar 14, 2007
Bleaching cream makes no one to look good. It makes people to look very dirty and it causes body odor. That product is meant for prostitutes and unpolished people. I can never befriend a girl who uses bleaching cream.
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by stellose(f): 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2007
@robby, you know too well of this , is like you are from akwa - ibom, have you bleached in the previous?
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by Grouppoint(m): 12:14pm On Mar 14, 2007
These days the products are known as skin toning creams. Frequently used by black Americans and well heeled Africans. It is claimed to restore the natural skin tone. i.e. your complexion as a baby, before the sun took its toll.

So I guess people who tone do not expect skin damage, afterall, they are simply restoring their God-given complexion.
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by oom62: 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2007
I think it is ridiculous to bleach your skin at any point! This means the person has a psychological problem which needs to be treated. If you are going to bleach your skin you might as well bleach your heart also! What is wrong with us black people? We need to be proud of our heritage and who we are, this is why we have problems as a race! Have you seen an oyinbo wanting to dye himself black in order to be accepted by others? It is only a vain man with a very shallow mind that would settle for an equally shallow minded, low class, psychologically troubled bleached woman! Good luck to you if you bleach, you will reap the rewards of your error in your old age, then it will be too late.
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by brownbaby(f): 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2007
I just wonder whats usually on the mind of those pple that uses bleaching cream, dont they look into the mirror and see the caricature they turn themselves into? Worst still some men do it too, it is disgusting and total irresponsibility.
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by kellorah: 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2007
depends on what u mean by bleaching cream, some bleach all over in order to b fairer
Vantex is a skin bleachin cream and it's used for spots, not necessarily for turning u 'white' undecided
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by brownbaby(f): 1:19pm On Mar 14, 2007
I'm talking of those who bleach their skin to be fairer where you now see some parts of their skin, mostly knuckles, ankles darker than other parts i.e patches all over. If u also av to remove spots, you av to be careful and use whats best for ur skin.

[size=2]I'm black and beautiful, I call it chocolate sometimes.[/size][color=#990000]
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by bigbumper(f): 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2007
oom62:

Have you seen an oyinbo wanting to dye himself black in order to be accepted by others?

yes oh my brother, i see them plenty especially in summer trying to tan to get blacker. Also i see them putting pigs stuff in their lips to make it bigger and plumper like a black person's own and also stuff their bum with silicon to make it rounder like a blavk person's own.

Black is beautiful, even white people are trying to be like us.

1 Like

Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by naylow: 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2007
I have always said that the desire to bleach amongst African is a sign of a deep-rooted psychological problem and anyone think about going down this route should think again. Bleaching can never enhance your beauty but highlight your flaws and seldom does it make you beautiful. Have you seen Kofi Olomide and his like recently?

Even our own Kollington Ayinla bleached his skin and looks no better for it. A sign of a brainwashed society I say.

Which brings me to the question why we describe ourselves as black when in truth we are brown complexioned. This is timely because a friend of mine sent me an article he will be posting on some sites concerning this question.

1 Like

Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by brownbaby(f): 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2007
@nay low

Thank u ma broda!!! cheesy

That's why i'm a 'brownbaby'  grin cheesy grin  I wonder why they call the colour 'black' when its actually brown.  cool wink
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by brownbaby(f): 3:27pm On Mar 14, 2007
@ nay low

abi na woman u be sef we no know.

Anyhow, woman, man or hearmaprodite grin grin I feel ya.
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by spoilt(f): 5:15pm On Mar 14, 2007
im very dark skinned and guys cant stop staring!!!!!!!!! wink
now why wud i want to be yellow? as dark as i am i've had more than my own fair share of male attention. be pleased with what you see in the mirror!
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by whiteroses(f): 11:40pm On Mar 14, 2007
Please i have a question, please lots of y'all should respond, i don't bleach my whole body (cos i'm too cute l.o.l) but my body is caramel clear and my face dark because of fore pimples and i rub my face with POP facial cream at night sometimes, so it lightens my face a little now i look like when i was younger but i still consider it unatural so is that one bad too. thanks check my pix
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by Anonymous2(m): 12:26am On Mar 15, 2007
I experienced that too but have told me to desist from any artificial lightener. I don't use them anymore. so my suggestion 2 u is to stop using it and wash your face with mild soap and water regularly. Bleaching or skin lightening nor gel at all at all.

PS: when i was younger, i was called oyinbo but now i am darker but still on the light-shade side yet I nor send
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by Angelheart: 10:32am On Mar 15, 2007
I actually feel sorry for those individuals that use skin lightners.

The past history really did us bad and the lack of self esteem has been passed from generation to generation.
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by lexyflexy(m): 11:08am On Mar 15, 2007
@ Bulga True yarns
Bulga:

Bleaching cream makes no one to look good. It makes people to look very dirty and it causes body odor. That product is meant for prostitutes and unpolished people. I can never befriend a girl who uses bleaching cream.

But we should ask one question - Are these complaints getting to the Manufacturers? If YES, why then do they put out this product. There should be a total BAN on this product - One annoying thing is that the Cosmetologist do not use them, rather they put them out on sale to destroy the looks of people all for the money,

I am sure people using it will look for another alternative if a stop! is put on selling this product.

This is my confession
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by oge4real(f): 1:13pm On Mar 15, 2007
it is a shame that people still want to bleach despite all the awareness against it.
anyway,what would you do if after bleaching your skin you become so different that neither God nor satan would recognise you after you are dead?
may be you will build your own empire and call it HELLVEN.
or worse still you hang around as a ghost and torment the living members of your family.
think about it. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by debosky(m): 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2007
God recognises us by our spirits not by face oge,

@ topic YES!! Bleaching is good, because of the bleachers Tura set up a 300million naira factory in Aba employing people

more bleaching means more jobs! cheesy
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by Anonymous2(m): 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2007
@ debosky

No man, u're in jand praising the work of a beauty soap manufacturing company in aba as if u got a job with them, abi dem pay u to promote dem undecided. . well, just wondering. There are better ways employment can be made available, if they can make the soap milder but yet effective, it wont spoil thier market dude! Lets be real. Bleaching/ lightening of skin is bad. Admit it and spread the awareness Jore.
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by debosky(m): 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2007
who told you i'm in jand? i'm very close to bridge head in onitsha where I am a tura distributor making good money. cheesy

people want to bleach and appear like oyibo or fair skinned people, why should I stand in their way? After all no one is forcing them to do this, its freewill

I insist, more bleaching equals more jobs

somebody sells the stuff to bleach the skin, another sells stuff to repair it.

more grease to your elbow bleachers, ngwannu cheesy
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by sisimose(f): 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2007
lmao
Re: Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance by Anonymous2(m): 8:11pm On Mar 15, 2007
debosky, do u know its easier and faster to destroy than to build up?

If one wants a clear skin, there are better options instead of choosing this.

You may think u are having fun but there are some twisted minds right here that would buy your crap. Help your sisters . . be your brother's keeper

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Favour Lawal, Girl Born Without Anus Who Excretes Through Her Stomach (Photos) / Deformed Baby Born In Adamawa Hospital (Viewers Discretion) / Why Is That Nigerian Girls Don't Fear STD?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.