Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,093 members, 7,852,697 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:00 AM

Need For Alternative Music In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Need For Alternative Music In Nigeria (272 Views)

Snake Invasion: Don Jazzy Shows Nigerians Alternative Way Of Using The Toilet / Golden Moments With Queens Of Alternative Music / I Invented Nigerian Alternative Music - Brymo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need For Alternative Music In Nigeria by donnyflex01(m): 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2018
The Nigeria music industry as we know It has been static,, our listeningship has refused to develop,, although it has always worked for us cos we r somewhat the music superpowers in Africa, but as far as we r concerned,,its our job to grow, so we wnt be left behind without even knowing it.
When MI Abaga, released fix up your life, i recall he was showered with all forms of insult and what not ,but theres a saying that goes "most of us only listen to reply, very few of us listens to understand" in my opinion he was very much aware that going commercial pays more, and that other rappers had the potential of delving into deeper music but fear of lack of recognition and being stucked underground shys them away to even dear to try,, and the ones that try are too few they make little or no impact ,i mean look at AQs last album,, fire!!! But as expected . Slept on,,look at brymo the most underated artist in Nigeria. They are too few trying to make this movement and for that reason they are not strong enough to break the barrier of listeningship in this country,,and that in my opinion is the reason for that track. He intends to wake ppl up in mass, drop the fear of not being recognized and most importantly grow,so all the efforts in trying to build our music industry to be where it is today will not go to waste when theres no longer taste for music with little meaning.
Someone once told me,if all u want is money to get you things that make you happy. Then the goal isnt money the goal is what makes you happy ,i would rather have a few fans be comfortable and be respected worldwide as a creator of music than be rich for a while , follow trends and be forgotten in a short period.
This article is to appeal to we fans to giv more chances to artist to create true meaningful music, yes its good to have fun and no one should take that from you.im just saying this should also be given a chance.thank you
Untold stories by DFX coming soon.

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaian Women Depend On Men To Pay Their Bills – Actress Moesha Boduong / #reading Habits – Tips For Children - Family / Is This True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.