Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Let's Share Our Growing Up Stories, Passion &How It Lead To Our Present Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Let's Share Our Growing Up Stories, Passion &How It Lead To Our Present Career (385 Views)

3MTT Programme: Training Starts Soon! Lets Share Our Challenges Here / ChatGPT: Lawyer Gets In Trouble For Using Cases From AI To Present A Case / Workers' Day:share Your Hustling Experiences And Your Present Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's Share Our Growing Up Stories, Passion &How It Lead To Our Present Career by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2018
Growing up:
Growing up, I loved reading. It was my hobby, my entertainment and my occupation. Daddy was working with a publishing company so we had enough supply of books. After high school, daddy opened a bookshop and I stayed there all the time, I read almost every interesting book therein. I had to start reading ‘the complete works of Shakespeare’ when I didn’t see anything to read again.

Passion:
I hear people talk about how their present occupation was their childhood passion and I tried hard to remember what my childhood passion was. I was just into books and stories. I remember when I usually go to the library with my friend to borrow fairy tale story books. I will take it home and read while helping my mum with cooking in the kitchen till the food gets burnt. I went to a special science school because I was good in Integrated Science now known as basic science. And when it was time to choose what to study in the University, I chose Pharmacy. I chose that because it appeared easier to me compared to Medicine and Surgery that my class mates were choosing. Funny enough, none of us studied what we said we will. I got admission to study biological science and that was how my love for reading was replaced with reading to pass examinations. There was no time anymore to read for leisure because I already had too much to read for the course.

Hobby:
During holidays or while in need of relaxation, seeing a movie, going home to eat mama’s food and gist with my sister (she will always keep me updated with the latest suspense novel she read), going to church programs or just getting a lot of sleep (always saying that uwa ka mma na nro) became the in thing.

I don’t think I ever thought of what I will do with what I was studying till when it was time to go for Industrial training. I wanted to work in a laboratory but there was no other laboratory around aside medical laboratories, so I did my IT in one. In final year, I was sure I wanted a career in public health because I desire to promote healthy living. But there was also this strong desire to own a business of my own. I started planning towards getting a Masters Degree that will qualify me for a public health promotion job after NYSC. Though, every day, I wake up thinking about a business to do.
To cut the long story short, I have finally decided to pursue my passion for business and stay focused doing that and that alone.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy Vacancy Vacancy!!!!! Store Keeper Urgently Requred / Pls Help A Fellow Nairalander / Looking For A Good And Reputable ICT Centre In Egbeda Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.