Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night (1833 Views)

Dominic Onyekachi Creates Digital Collection Of African Stories For Kids - CNN / Achebe’s "Things Fall Apart" Named In Bbc’s 100 Stories That Shaped The World / NAME The Nairalanders Writers And Their Stories That Made U Read All Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2018
Introduction
Anyone who knows me would know that I’m a huge Stephen King fan. He’s so talented, he’s the greatest writer of thrillers/horror stories as far as I’m concerned. I’m intrigued by his mind, his creativity, his adeptness, his imagination, his use of words, his passion and above all, his raw, unbridled talent. What strikes me the most about him is how he gets his inspiration, he disclosed severally that he gets random vivid flashes of scenes/events in his head and bam! He builds a story around these vivid recollections.
Enough about Stephen King, let’s focus on purpose of this thread. I’m intrigued by the morbid, the bizarre and the disturbing. I’m fascinated by the taboo and the unnatural but I know where to draw the line. I’m somebody who knows how to get Out Of Body Experiences but that’s by the way. I love thriller/horror as you might have discovered and these short stories are just productions of my very active imagination. The stories you are about to read are all mine, and some are based on stories that I might have heard somewhere.
Enjoy and remember to keep the lights on.
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
Chapter one: THINGS.

I drew my jacket closer around my body to protect me from the chilly gusts that kept on assailing me. I looked at my watch and it was 6:30 pm. Good, I was right on track. I’d be home on time to meet my favourite program, “Precious Rose” on Telemudo. Today had been incredibly streesful for me, a little misunderstanding had broken out at my office and as usual, I was at the middle of the drama. Irene- my two headed boss of a bitch- had in her usual manner stirred up some controversy and when shît got too hot for her to handle, she dumped the whole mess on me in her usual manner. As usual, being Miss-Fix-It-All, I was able to control the situation and managed to assuage all frayed nerves- not before a little row broke out- but everything was calm at the end. I was just glad to be on my way home to take a long warm bath and binge watch all my favourite series while killing myself with icecream. I couldn’t wait to go home and begin to formally enjoy my weekend. As I made to cross the street to get to my next bus stop, I was so lost in thought that I didn’t see a car approach me almost at the same time I made to cross the road. The next thing I heard was screeching tires and the furious slam of brakes before a shiny, black Mercedes stopped right in front of me. I was in shock, I was rooted to the spot inhaling the fumes of burned rubber and exhaust and tasting cold metallic fear in my mouth when I saw it- a grotesque creature came out of the car in rage screeching at me in anger. “You stupid bitch! Are you tryna get yourself killed? Huh? Are you f*cking blind? What you think you doing? Are you insane?”. The thing kept on raining expletives on me while I stared at it in awe. It’s face was completely covered in blood, it had a short, thick horn protruding from the center of its forehead and as it spoke, blood and black gore poured from its gaping mouth. In place of its eyes were two black gaping holes from which fat maggots squirmed out of, its teeth were pointed and blackened and it had two incredibly long canines that rested on its lower lips. I was looking at what could pass as a demon from hell. I suddenly regained my composure and muttered a feeble sorry and went off walking in a hurry. I’m used to seeing strange things but this- this was the worst thing I’ve ever seen! My tepid sorry didn’t placate the thing, as it still continued raining invectives on me after I had walked away, waving its blackened claws in the air as it did so. I walked really fast in order to get away from that thing. My heart was racing as I broke into a Little run to get away from the freak show behind me.
My name is Mo and I see things. I don’t know for how long I’ve been gifted with this cursed ability but what I do know is that I’ve gotten very used to it. Remember my two headed boss I mentioned earlier? Yes, I meant it literally. She has two heads. But I’m The only one who sees it that way. The grotesque creature I described earlier would look like a regular human being to you but because of my powers, i see him differently. I see things on a different and deeply spiritual realm. I’ve been cursed with the strange ability for as long as I remember and I’d briefly tell you how I discovered and managed this power and its implication too.

9 Likes

Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
Hey guys, your comments would encourage me embarassed what do you think of my writing?

2 Likes

Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by moorevic(m): 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2018
Your intro is good but more work on the main article. Bravo bro
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 11, 2018
MY name is Mo and I see things. I don’t know for how long I’ve been with this cursed gift. For as long as I remember, I’ve always been able to see the supernatural: ghosts, demons, how people appear in the spirit, poltergeists and other oddities. Regular human beings only see the world the way it appears on the physical realm, but I see it the way it appears in the spiritual realm- and it’s not usually a good sight. I categorize these “things” that I see into four:

1) The lost spirits: This is made up of ghosts that still have unfinished business on earth. Their spirits are restless and are still hovering around, probably looking for some sort of closure before finally departing to their world. Some are simply lost and some have become poltergeists. This is the least scary of the things I see.

2) The demons/bad spirits: Need I explain more. These are demons escaped from hell looking for an unfortunate soul to inhabit. Sometimes, I see them in people, when they take over a person, the person becomes their host. When a demon has captured a soul, the host looks very emaciated with blacked out eyes and I see the demons hovering around the person like a wind. Some hosts have up to seven demons surrounding them. Of course the normal human eyes would see a healthy, regular person going about his business but me- I see how they truly appear in the spirit. I also see bad spirits clinging tenaciously to people.

The True Forms: Now this is the very mysterious part. Like that grotesque thing I talked about and my two-headed boss, these are regular people but their true spiritual nature is what I see. And most times, these people do not know that they are fuckèd up spiritually. What I can deduce from Mr Mercedes is that he must have gotten involved in very fetish things. He must be among the category of people who deal with black magic probably to get their wealth or something. Mr Mercedes must be so deep into black magic that he has become and embodiment of what he dabbles in- a foul, decaying entity. And the sad part is, he might not know the spiritual implication of what he partakes in on him. A lot of people get involved in seemingly harmless stuff and they do not know they are truly harming themselves spiritually.
My boss Irene as I described is not a very nice person. She’s a bitter, capricious woman who loves to make her subordinates miserable. Spiritually, she has two heads. One head is normal, but the other head looks malformed and bitter. The other head always has a scowl on its face, always looks angry and ready to attack and is constantly foaming on its mouth. What I understand is, she has some deep rooted issues she needs to resolve. Maybe she was hurt by someone or something but she has a very vile and bitter spirit in her, thus the second head.
I see people in all forms and appearances. I once saw a man walking backwards and with a heavy load on his back. I understood that the man is not experiencing progress in life. The heavy load signifies that despite all his hard work, he was not moving forward in life but constantly experiencing setbacks. I was moved by pity but I couldn’t do anything.
Some people are aware of their true form. I once saw an old woman with seven horns on her head and once she saw me staring at her, she smiled and asked me how I got my powers because she realized that I could recognize her. I hurried on on my way realizing that she might be a witch. I see a lot of things that I’ve not yet come to understand as this my power doesn’t come with a manual, I have to do most of the figuring out by myself.

4)The good forms/ spirits : Now not all true forms are evil or malicious. Some people are actually spiritually strong. I’ve seen people with bright light on their faces, the light was so bright that I could hardly look at them for long. These ones have the glory of God shining heavily upon them. And I notice that demons and bad spirits often avoid them at all costs. I once saw a demon burst into flames when it got too close to one of these people. I see some people with oil dripping heavily from their faces. These are those that have been anointed to do exploits. I’ve also seen those with a halo of blood on their heads. These are the ones with the mark of God upon them. These good sights are not regular, and the bad sights outweigh them by far.
Now, you might wonder how these things react to my ability to see them. I’ve been seeing them for so long that it has become very normal for me and I’ve gotten so used to them. I have no atom of fear for them, no matter how demonic the entity looks. The thing is, I’m immune to any attacks from them. Probably because they know I don’t fear them or maybe immunity comes with this powers. I do not know. All I know is that they keep their distance from me and I do too.
My people, al lot of warfare goes on in the spirit realm. A lot of things are indeed happening. I’ve seen things that I can’t even describe or explain. There’s this very popular oil/energy company that every graduate would love to work in. But if you know what goes on there spiritually.... If you know what I saw... On it’s massive high rise building, there was a very huge snake wrapped around it. A very thick, ominous cloud hung above this building. The day I saw this, I shuddered.
I’ve seen a lot of things as you’ve come to know but there’s one particular experience that left me haunted for years. I’d relay this to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 11, 2018
Okay thank you but what in particular didn’t you like? I’ve dropped a new story
moorevic:
Your intro is good but more work on the main article. Bravo bro
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Coldfeets: 10:57am On Apr 18, 2018
Your stories are not chilly enough.

I need something that will make me to be afraid of even my own shadows.

Think you can come up with that? wink

1 Like

Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 18, 2018
Sure. Thanks for the feedback
Coldfeets:
Your stories are not chilly enough.

I need someone that will make me to be afraid of even my own shadows.

Think you can come up with that? wink
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by donblazer10(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2018
KillaBeauty:
Sure. Thanks for the feedback
Bleep!..you're story is great!!!!..ive been looking for stories like this for a while..but it's only those boring love stories that I've been seeing..please don't stop..i'm your biggest fan...

1 Like

Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
oh my goodness! Thank you so much. You just gave me so much drive to continue writing. I’d drop more updates today. Thanks again.
donblazer10:
Bleep!..you're story is great!!!!..ive been looking for stories like this for a while..but it's only those boring love stories that I've been seeing..please don't stop..i'm your biggest fan...
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by donblazer10(m): 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
KillaBeauty:
oh my goodness! Thank you so much. You just gave me so much drive to continue writing. I’d drop more updates today. Thanks again.
cool...following...
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by donblazer10(m): 7:25am On Apr 19, 2018
Killabeauty where art thou
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by donblazer10(m): 7:36pm On May 06, 2018
Such promising story...
Ended before it started smh
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by donblazer10(m): 7:37pm On May 06, 2018
Such promising story...
U following
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by donblazer10(m): 7:37pm On May 06, 2018
Such promising story...
Unfollowing
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by MrCork: 10:44pm On May 12, 2018
KillaBeauty:
Chapter one: THINGS.

I drew my jacket closer around my body to protect me from the chilly gusts that kept on assailing me. I looked at my watch and it was 6:30 pm. Good, I was right on track. I’d be home on time to meet my favourite program, “Precious Rose” on Telemudo. Today had been incredibly streesful for me, a little misunderstanding had broken out at my office and as usual, I was at the middle of the drama. Irene- my two headed boss of a bitch- had in her usual manner stirred up some controversy and when shît got too hot for her to handle, she dumped the whole mess on me in her usual manner. As usual, being Miss-Fix-It-All, I was able to control the situation and managed to assuage all frayed nerves- not before a little row broke out- but everything was calm at the end. I was just glad to be on my way home to take a long warm bath and binge watch all my favourite series while killing myself with icecream. I couldn’t wait to go home and begin to formally enjoy my weekend. As I made to cross the street to get to my next bus stop, I was so lost in thought that I didn’t see a car approach me almost at the same time I made to cross the road. The next thing I heard was screeching tires and the furious slam of brakes before a shiny, black Mercedes stopped right in front of me. I was in shock, I was rooted to the spot inhaling the fumes of burned rubber and exhaust and tasting cold metallic fear in my mouth when I saw it- a grotesque creature came out of the car in rage screeching at me in anger. “You stupid bitch! Are you tryna get yourself killed? Huh? Are you f*cking blind? What you think you doing? Are you insane?”. The thing kept on raining expletives on me while I stared at it in awe. It’s face was completely covered in blood, it had a short, thick horn protruding from the center of its forehead and as it spoke, blood and black gore poured from its gaping mouth. In place of its eyes were two black gaping holes from which fat maggots squirmed out of, its teeth were pointed and blackened and it had two incredibly long canines that rested on its lower lips. I was looking at what could pass as a demon from hell. I suddenly regained my composure and muttered a feeble sorry and went off walking in a hurry. I’m used to seeing strange things but this- this was the worst thing I’ve ever seen! My tepid sorry didn’t placate the thing, as it still continued raining invectives on me after I had walked away, waving its blackened claws in the air as it did so. I walked really fast in order to get away from that thing. My heart was racing as I broke into a Little run to get away from the freak show behind me.
My name is Mo and I see things. I don’t know for how long I’ve been gifted with this cursed ability but what I do know is that I’ve gotten very used to it. Remember my two headed boss I mentioned earlier? Yes, I meant it literally. She has two heads. But I’m The only one who sees it that way. The grotesque creature I described earlier would look like a regular human being to you but because of my powers, i see him differently. I see things on a different and deeply spiritual realm. I’ve been cursed with the strange ability for as long as I remember and I’d briefly tell you how I discovered and managed this power and its implication too.

....but don't u people use comma and parragraph?...we don't under stand (No ofeense ) undecided

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Ishilove: 11:06pm On May 12, 2018
MrCork:

....but don't u people use comma and parragraph?...we don't under stand (No ofeense ) undecided
I taya o undecided
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Nobody: 10:39am On May 16, 2018
KillaBeauty:
Introduction
Anyone who knows me would know that I’m a huge Stephen King fan. He’s so talented, he’s the greatest writer of thrillers/horror stories as far as I’m concerned. I’m intrigued by his mind, his creativity, his adeptness, his imagination, his use of words, his passion and above all, his raw, unbridled talent. What strikes me the most about him is how he gets his inspiration, he disclosed severally that he gets random vivid flashes of scenes/events in his head and bam! He builds a story around these vivid recollections.
Enough about Stephen King, let’s focus on purpose of this thread. I’m intrigued by the morbid, the bizarre and the disturbing. I’m fascinated by the taboo and the unnatural but I know where to draw the line. I’m somebody who knows how to get Out Of Body Experiences but that’s by the way. I love thriller/horror as you might have discovered and these short stories are just productions of my very active imagination. The stories you are about to read are all mine, and some are based on stories that I might have heard somewhere.
Enjoy and remember to keep the lights on.

And when will you continue?
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Hakeem12(m): 7:57pm On Jun 19, 2018
Nice one

bro
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 21, 2018
angry
Ishilove:

I taya o undecided
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Alore: 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2018
Wow! You're holding me spell-bound with your story. Please I beg you don't allow critics to stop you. Learn how to sieve constructive ones from lame ones, but don't stop writing this story. I'm following you already.
I can't wait to continue this story plsssssss! kiss
Re: Chills: Collection Of Short Creepy Stories That Would Keep You Up At Night by Mielekcezylil(m): 7:03pm On Aug 07, 2018
Ghost reader revealed!!!!! when will these story continue it a nice and superb story that must be completed

(1) (Reply)

Atlas.ti 8.4 Crack For Mac / The Bad Boy I Was. / The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo - Ebook (by Amy Schumer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.