Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,364 members, 7,850,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:41 PM

Nigeria To Have Two Political Parties. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Have Two Political Parties. (533 Views)

16 Political Parties Endorse Shift In Election Date / Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election / Lawmakers Say No To Two Political Parties. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria To Have Two Political Parties. by free2ride(m): 1:12pm On May 13, 2010
There has been a debate in the senate yesterday and the house of reps today that the party system in nigeria should be a two party system. I want to say that nigeria has 250 ethnic groups and 150 million people and due to our political history i dont think that a two party system would enable us get the leaders we want. We all know that the north has the highest political seats in nigeria and thus could lead to manipulating a candidate of their choice to contest elections, also we would now have a limited number of candidates to choose from rather than more numbers of contestants. How is this going to give us free and fair elections when if its two party they can easily rig their way through to one and manipulate the other. I would strongly support that a five party system should be endorsed so we can have more contestants.

(1) (Reply)

Ibori Trial: Nigeria Or United Kingdom / Is Turai Asthmatic? / My Prayers For You All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.