Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Betting And Gambling At Workplace: Employment Regulations And The Nigerian Laws. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Betting And Gambling At Workplace: Employment Regulations And The Nigerian Laws. (477 Views)

Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? / NAFDAC Closes 27 Water Factories Due To Non-compliance With Regulations / Random Promotion At Workplace- How Has It Affected You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Betting And Gambling At Workplace: Employment Regulations And The Nigerian Laws. by askkayodemicah: 10:46am On Apr 12, 2018
The prevalence of betting centers and the acceptance of lottery by a larger percentage of the Nigerian population has thrown up a peculiar challenge for business owners, human resource management team, and professionals in the country. I did not pay serious attention to this until a colleague informed me of the fact that over 75 percent of his employees are deeply involved in sports betting and public lotteries. He was worried about the implications of this on productivity and the ability of the staff to pay attention to their duties.

Amazingly too, a survey conducted by the News Agency of Nigeria ( NAN) in 2014 shows that about 60 million Nigerians between the age of 18 and 40 years are involved in sports betting and spending about N1.8 billion ($ 11 million) daily and by today’s estimate that will amount to 4 billion Naira daily.

My concern is on the impact of employee’s use of official work hours in attending to their personal endeavor be it a legitimate or illegitimate activity and its impact on overall productivity. Having said that, this article will also x-ray the control measures that are available to business owners and HR handlers in addressing such matters as gambling and licensed-pool-betting in the workplace.

Read full article by clicking on the link: http://www.askkayodemicah.com.ng/2018/04/09/betting-gambling-workplace-employment-regulations-nigerian-laws/

Re: Betting And Gambling At Workplace: Employment Regulations And The Nigerian Laws. by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:18pm On Apr 15, 2018
my brother e get as e bi jare...it's the high level of poverty and unemployment innthe cou try th st is causing all this wahala..buys must hustle and hope say you understand
Re: Betting And Gambling At Workplace: Employment Regulations And The Nigerian Laws. by KillerBeauty(f): 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2018
My former office when two or more guys are gathered they are talking about bet9ja

(1) (Reply)

Opportunity Is Now Here To Own A Luxury Home In Lekki With Pictures / Practicing Electrical And Electronics Engineering Professionals Needed / Ccna Routing And Switching By Todd Lammle For Sale At Half The Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.