Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis (18044 Views)

Constitutional Crisis Looms As Cjn's Tenure Ends In Three Weeks / Buhari, APC Spends Billions Of Naira To Stop Atiku US Trip - PDP / Aso Rock Cabal Moves To London To Create Constitutional Crisis - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by Yoshy: 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2018
kitaatita:
I can remember that PDP' s President Jonathan never for once transmitted power to Vice President Sambo. PDP is acting childish.
just shut up, shut the bleep up and sit on the ground. If zombie like you do not have a reasonable explanation even if it's possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by ibkgab001: 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2018
Beress:
Buhari is a notorious fool

Like your father

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by saaron(m): 9:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
They don't want infidel Osinbajo near power! QED.
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by Kingspin(m): 9:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
No smart person will vote for Buhari.
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by roundman: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
Roger3D:
Shut up. The constitution clearly gives him 21 days to do so
Nigerians and criticism,they just want to rant over anything that is anti buhari.bandwagon effect

1 Like

Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
grin grin grin And yet he is your PRESIDENT. and you that is Usefullllllll ........You are just an Ordinary. Citizen. and his follower grin grin grin
newbornmacho:
Useless dullard
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2018
grin grin grin Gbammm ! grin grin grin
ibkgab001:

Like your father
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by eddyslim(m): 9:23pm On Apr 12, 2018
Beress:
Buhari is a notorious fool
We share the same view
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by BMCSlayer: 9:27pm On Apr 12, 2018
Roger3D:
Get lost if you've got nothing reasonable to say
come and kick me out. You people are just dull!
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by Angelawhite(m): 9:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
kitaatita:
I can remember that PDP' s President Jonathan never for once transmitted power to Vice President Sambo. PDP is acting childish.

And therefore, APC should act likewise.
This is why I hate zombies
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by mfm04622: 9:29pm On Apr 12, 2018
lawman88:
This is sensitive and serious. How can a president travelled out of the country without transmitting power to vice president. Buhari is power drunk. Yoruba Muslims will have a way to explain this

Noise maker! He doesn't need to transmit any letter if he travelled on official duty! He only need to write NASS if he is on leave for any reason (annual, medical, etcetera). He has been writing letters to the NASS when going on leave. This is nothing but noise making by PDP and their supporters who don't know anything and just support anything that is against Buhari.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by godliman: 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
kitaatita:
Was gej ever sick?
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by mfm04622: 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2018
Paperwhite:
That is the impunity & lawlessness the president,his cabal and the APC have subjected governance to in Nigeria.Imagine if it was someone else.
Of course the VP is just a figurehead.Nigerians get ready to do away with these people.

Hmmmm! Do you need to comment about something you know nothing about? He is on official duty and will use the opportunity to see his doctor. He doesn't need to transmit letter to NASS if he is not going on leave. He is not on leave, he doesn't need to write NASS.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by sujexy(m): 9:36pm On Apr 12, 2018
Newpride:
PDP has failed us for good 16years and a ruling party and they’ve also failed as opposition.

The useless party is good for nothing.

Is this what we expect from u as a strong and viable opposition party? Silly and meaningless talks at all time.
bla bla bla bla
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by bionixs: 9:45pm On Apr 12, 2018
lawman88:
This is sensitive and serious. How can a president travelled out of the country without transmitting power to vice president. Buhari is power drunk. Yoruba Muslims will have a way to explain this
exactly! those ones no get single sense at all
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by SalamRushdie: 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2018
Paperwhite:
That is the impunity & lawlessness the president,his cabal and the APC have subjected governance to in Nigeria.Imagine if it was someone else.
Of course the VP is just a figurehead.Nigerians get ready to do away with these people.

I am still shocked Nigerians have not stormed Ado rock and thrown the load of the man out ...Just imagine the impunity
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by bionixs: 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
phranklyn92:
let them know grin
because the said power was a Yoruba man he didn't transmitted it to, has made all Yorubas to agree that he has broken the law. hypocrisy go kill you una for this country
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by Iammercy2018: 9:53pm On Apr 12, 2018
In 2009, when the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua travelled abroad for medical treatment, he refused to hand over power to former President Goodluck Jonathan, his deputy. As expected, this created a huge crisis, but what was to follow was nothing compared to the agitation for Jonathan to take over power.

The Save Nigeria Group (SNG) under the leadership of Tunde Bakare, fiery preacher, was in the forefront of the campaign for Jonathan to take charge.

The group, which was able to garner support from influential personalities in public space, staged rallies and a series of protests; the kitchen cabinet too will not not cave in easily: their message was simple, Yar’Adua could govern the country from anywhere.

“The powers of the president are not exercised territorially. Yar’Adua can exercise his powers anywhere in the world, on the plane, at the meeting of the United Nations or even on his sick bed, as long as he is not incapacitated by the sickness,” Michael Aondoakaa attorney-general had said at a press conference.

While Aondoakaa was theorising, the tenure of Idirs Kutigi as chief justice of Nigeria (CJN) was nearing its end, and Aloysius Katsina-Alu was ready to mount the saddle, but the only problem was that the man who had the constitutional authority to administer oath of office on Katsina-Alu was bedridden in faraway Saudi Arabia.

He was battling pericarditis, or so they made us believe, and a constitutional crisis was brewing.

“As the Vice-President, based on our laws, I do not have any powers to swear in the chief justice of Nigeria,” Jonathan had told those who wanted him to tinker with the idea.

The man, who eventually succeeded Yar’Adua did not stop there: “Ceremonial responsibilities and ceremonial functions are sometimes more serious than the real work we do. I do not have the powers to swear in the chief justice of the federation… The tradition has been there for 51 years. It is Mr President who swears in the chief justice.”

Jonathan was not just saying these things for the fun of it. He was not just talking, he had a confession, and of course this was after the issue had been resolved.

“I was worried that if we get to that Thursday and the chief justice of Nigeria is not sworn in, that means one arm of government has no leader and that would have been an invitation to chaos,” he had revealed.

“In fact, I even had to approach the former chief justice, that, ‘look, I have the powers to extend your period of stay in the office. Since I cannot swear in a new chief justice, can I extend your stay in office so that there will be no vacuum?’

“But he said it was not possible because the constitution says at the age of 70, he must go. But he promised he was going to re-examine the laws. I got back to my office; I was terribly worried within that period.”

Then came the solution: “Few days to the time, expiration of the tenure of the former CJN, the attorney-general came and showed me the act that says either the president or the chief justice of the federation can swear in the new chief justice of the federation. That law was there but nobody saw it.”

On December 30, 2009, Kutigi administered the oath on his successor, and trust Nigerians, this created conundrum among lawyers.

Rotimi Akeredolu, incumbent governor of Ondo state, who was then the president of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), had accused Kutigi of foisting two CJNs on the nation’.

Akeredolu said he was worried that the task which had been traditionally reserved for presidents was usurped by the retiring CJN.

“In my personal view, the swearing-in of the CJN is pure illegality. It is illegal because the country cannot have two CJNs at the same time. I was told that the outgoing CJN said in his speech that he is still the CJN till tomorrow (Thursday December 31); you can see the absurdity. It is unfortunate that the legal profession is letting itself into this illegality,” he had told reporters.

Well, Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has just sworn in Walter Onnoghen as the substantive chief justice.

One must commend President Muhammadu Buhari for empowering his deputy to act. Otherwise, history would have repeated itself, and George Santayana, the Roman philosopher, who said: “Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it”, would have perhaps been laughing in derision.

PDP was and still the problem of this nation, argue with your ancestors.

https://www.thecable.ng/flashback-jonathan-unable-swear-cjn-yaradua-sick

1 Like

Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by origima: 9:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
Then it will be easier for PDP to clintch to power.why bother about the letter when it is to ur advantage but then PDP should look for better campaign tools to outsmart APC or sorry
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by ubongokon(m): 10:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He is nepotistic
He is tyrannical,
He is dullardistic,
He is sickly
He is a failure,
He is a blame trader,
He is visionless
He is a hypocrite
He is a religious bigot,
He is a tribalistic warrior,
He is a misogynist
He is a careless talker,
He is a rabble mumbler
He is a missionless globetrotter.
He is a health tourist.

He is a problem.
He is Nigeria's only problem.
Yes you can join in ridding our beloved country of this country by registering for your PVC,
Then showing up at your polling centre
And stamping your finger in solidarity that the dullard must be sent back to Daura.
u are a looser.

He will win and u shed tears. A looter like u
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by jimrog: 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2018
bionixs:
exactly! those ones no get single sense at all

See ipob wey albino don brainwash finish dey talk say one person no get brain...
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by Iammercy2018: 10:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
The same thing happened when Yar'dua was sick, he refused to transfer power to Jonathan.

PDP can only fool the gullibles not me.
They were and still the problem of Nigeria I'll continue to say it.

Yar'adua was subject to rumours regarding his health, as he had traveled abroad for medical treatment several times in the years prior to his presidency and continued to do so after his election. Yar’Adua’s ability to serve while dealing with health issues was called into question after he went to Saudi Arabia in late November 2009 for treatment of heart problems and kidney problems. After he had been absent from Nigeria for several weeks, critics complained of a power vacuum in the country, and there were calls for Yar’Adua to formally transfer power to the vice president, Goodluck Jonathan. Although a ruling by a Nigerian court on Jan. 29, 2010, indicated that Yar’Adua was not obligated to hand over power to the vice president while he was out of the country for medical treatment, the controversy surrounding his prolonged absence remained. On Feb. 9, 2010, the National Assembly voted to have Jonathan assume full power and serve as acting president until Yar’Adua was able to resume his duties. Jonathan agreed and assumed power later that day, but it was unclear whether or not the assumption of power was constitutional. When Yar’Adua returned to Nigeria on Feb. 24, 2010, it was announced that Jonathan would remain as acting president while Yar’Adua continued to recuperate. Yar’Adua never fully recovered, however, and died several weeks later. He was succeeded by Jonathan.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Umaru-Musa-YarAdua
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by tete7000(m): 10:09pm On Apr 12, 2018
sonnie10:

Are Presidents required to just wake and transmit power? Don't you think there must be grounds for such to be necessary?

Buhari cannot just take off without due process. He is in public service and should know better.

His actions are bereaved of the principles which he portrays to have.

Does he ever has any principle, or he is just a hype?
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by Onyemabright(m): 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2018
ijustdey:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buhari-s-uk-trip-pdp-asks-n-assembly-to-avert-constitutional-crisis.html

PDP CAN GO TO HELL . PDP DON'T KNOW THE CONSTITUTION . PMB HAS 21 DAYS FREE
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by jimrog: 10:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
origima:
Then it will be easier for PDP to clintch to power.why bother about the letter when it is to ur advantage but then PDP should look for better campaign tools to outsmart APC or sorry

Just leave those pdp fool. They failed as a ruling party and still failing as opposition. Instead of them to start telling us what they will bring to the table when they return to power, na unnecessary attack on Buhari den go dey do. Attack that will show how desperate they are to regain power and will make ppl start bin sympathetic to Buhari....Na today Buhari don dey transmit power?
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by mema900: 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
BMCSlayer:
Does the Constitution also give you allowance to support dullardery and fuckery?

Dullardery and fuckery
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by Amiano(m): 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2018
mfm04622:

Noise maker! He doesn't need to transmit any letter if he travelled on official duty! He only need to write NASS if he is on leave for any reason (annual, medical, etcetera). He has been writing letters to the NASS when going on leave. This is nothing but noise making by PDP and their supporters who don't know anything and just support anything that is against Buhari.

Which official function has he attended to since he arrived in UK? Was he received by any govt official frm the UK?
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by blackpriest0911: 10:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
Wailers food for u on the table
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by eazydon(m): 10:53pm On Apr 12, 2018
kitaatita:

Was Jonathan going for private medical vacations to Uk every other week? Are you okay? Please use your head
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by NairaMaster1(m): 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2018
Roger3D:
Shut up. The constitution clearly gives him 21 days to do so

Help us quote the section that allows the country to operate without a c in c for 21 days.

I weep for you.
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by NairaMaster1(m): 11:10pm On Apr 12, 2018
kitaatita:

Kai, you have joined the lying train?

Never a journey without proper transmission just that you were not online then.
Re: Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis by freeze001(f): 11:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
I hope we won't have another constitutional breach...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Our Official Response To Olusegun Obasanjo' - Kayode Ogundamisi Shares Video / Akwa Ibom State Christmas Carol Night, 2018 At Uyo Township Stadium (Photos) / Extend Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Rail Line To Chad, President Deby Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.