Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage (47214 Views)

Bbnaija: Cindy Reveals Why Other Housemates Dislike Frodd / BBNaija: Nina’s Boyfriend Reveals Why He Deleted Her Photos / NTA Used A Sellotaped Microphone To Interview A White Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by squareone(m): 11:53am On Apr 13, 2018
It nt new dey don use afonja name for fast and furious six nw

1 Like

Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by temiflex01(m): 11:56am On Apr 13, 2018
Why Igbos com mumu like this? What's the big deal, y dem dey happy like person wey won sport bet, because person wey never reach Africa before used a name, it shows their inferiority! What a shame!! undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by ebenholer(m): 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I'm thinking Chimamanda Adichie, Chinua Achebe, Uzomaka Aduba, NwaAmaikpe, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Nnamdi Asomugha, Jidenna Mobison, Lemar Obika have made the West think Nigerian names are only Igbo.
Here u are dividing Nigeria the more. Why is it that wen u are looking for the people that are most religiously biased u have to go to the north, the most ethnically biased people are mostly found in d east, while d most socially biased people are from the west because they can block the major road just because there is owambe party of a notable politician. What a corrupt nation!!

1 Like

Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Bobosneh: 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
Clinton9000:
You notice he looks Igbo...very muscular? If I saw him on the road, I would think he is Igbo. Igbo men are built like rock, not like Afonja who are built like eba...no muscles. I'm sure that Wale asking him is only pretending, in his mind he is a typical afonja you see here on Nairaland who is jealous he picked an Igbo. Why won't he pick an Igbo name when he looks Igbo. Does he look like Yoruba to you? If you want an actor that looks yoruba and what him to pick yoruba name, then go and find Hounsou...attached pic. Always dragging feet with Igbos as if Igbos are your mate; this is the kind of insult Igbos receive in this country. SMH and hissing!
which one be built like eba again.una go use laugh kill person o.

1 Like

Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Davepercie(m): 12:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I'm thinking Chimamanda Adichie, Chinua Achebe, Uzomaka Aduba, NwaAmaikpe, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Nnamdi Asomugha, Jidenna Mobison, Lemar Obika have made the West think Nigerian names are only Igbo.
what of John Boyega, Wole Soyinka, the black knight in Merlin, the big black guy in Pompeii.etc? there are popular yoruba folks too. don't forget we have Nigerian musicians too o
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Bobosneh: 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
ebenholer:

Here u are dividing Nigeria the more. Why is it that wen u are looking for the people that are most religiously biased u have to go to the north, the most ethnically biased people are mostly found in d east, while d most socially biased people are from the west because they can block the major road just because there is owambe party of a notable politician. What a corrupt nation!!
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Bobosneh: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
ebenholer:

now brother you make him feel like person. everybody for this nairaland know sey nwamaikpe no normal. abi i lie?
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by ebenholer(m): 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
Here u are dividing Nigeria the more. Why is it that wen u are looking for the people that are most religiously biased u have to go to the north because they can kill just for disallowing them to do abblution at ur yard for mistaking walked on land demarcated for prayers, the most ethnically biased people are mostly found in d east because all they think of is what we benefit their people only(taking hausa pastor there wont make them accept Jesus he brings), while d most socially biased people are from the west because they can block the major road just because there is owambe party of a notable
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 13, 2018
Clinton9000:
You notice he looks Igbo...very muscular? If I saw him on the road, I would think he is Igbo. Igbo men are built like rock, not like Afonja who are built like eba...no muscles. I'm sure that Wale asking him is only pretending, in his mind he is a typical afonja you see here on Nairaland who is jealous he picked an Igbo. Why won't he pick an Igbo name when he looks Igbo. Does he look like Yoruba to you? If you want an actor that looks yoruba and what him to pick yoruba name, then go and find Hounsou...attached pic. Always dragging feet with Igbos as if Igbos are your mate; this is the kind of insult Igbos receive in this country. SMH and hissing!
Damn!, i can't just believe an adult will turn mere Rock naming himself Okeye in movie to this again. You're sooooo immature.
Ode, you're the one dragging feet with yourself. Nobody ask you question, na u dey ask yourself question, na you dey answer yourself. At least you have said your mind now, you should have peace. Another name for igbo is immaturity, noise makers and inferiority complex. Always looking for means to start a tribe fight because of inferiority complex. Because Rock use Igbo name in movie now, we wont rest again. You're too childish. Ha! Sorry for you people. With all your noise making, struggle everyday and competition, it's still hard for you to beat Afonjas. Some people make noise and struggle to be something, but some other people are naturally blessed, even when they don't struggle or compete, they are still making it. Better work on your life and family to be somebody in life instead of coming here to show how childish and immature you're. Height of immature minds! Shaking my head.

3 Likes

Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Emytexboy(m): 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2018
my good people of God, good day once More... please this message from our beloved brother saint Paul, the man that is full of light of God, and Christ in the spirit is using him as a mouth piece to teach us what we need to know about our God who is a great spirit personality, please brethren, if you still haven't understood the program of the kingdom of God in this particular point in time, and still stocked in the doctrine of the so called physical Church of Christ (temple) instead of your heart and your spirit, and not holding unto the doctrine and teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ, and you can hardly agree with your fellow brethren who do not worship God in your so called physical church of Christ (temple) your are still on the stone age,and can never please God that way, please follow this scripture and get the clear knowledge of this our great God and how He is ought to be worshipped. it is written in John 4:24, about you in particular, and about our father God himself, study these here in act 17:22
Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very reli­gious.
For as I walked around and looked careful­ly at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an un­known god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.
“The God who made the world and every­thing in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hu­man hands.
And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and every­thing else.
From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.
God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.
‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’b As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’c
“Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill.
In the past God overlookedsuch igno­rance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.
For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.
God bless you.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by omocalabar(m): 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2018
Mandrake007:
who? that fat fool that disgraced nigeria? please don't make me laugh.
u too can challenge him na...so dat u can beat ur own too

1 Like

Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by kense88: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
Clinton9000:
Lol that Hounsou looks like a he goat.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by aalangel(f): 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
I'll love to hear the pronunciation.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by khalids: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
Clinton9000:

Interesting how you spend so much time and energy spewing hatred...
You must have had a traumatic childhood......learn to love

Here have a hug xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by thunderbabs: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
Why he no use NwaAmaikpe ?

Christan NwaAmaikpe

Lol. grin. If he uses NwaAmaikpe.. The movie no go sell for box office. Na Alaba he go see his revenue from and dt will be bad for investment
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
skales67:
Can you guess what our brothers from where the sun sets are doing?...

Searching Google and Wikipedia looking for an actor who used af*nja name in a movie to counter this news! grin grin
Gringo, Dope, Fast and Furious 6. I even gave you three movies. Outside Nigeria sef, non-Nigerian Yorubas rock. e.g Adebayor in Togo, popular grammy award winner Angeligue Kidjo who sang many Yoruba songs.
You people are very very immature in your heads. I even feel ashamed having to be doing this with you when there are more important things to do with my life. If care is not taking, you will make one become childish and immature like you. Immature, noise making, childish, inferiority complex igbo tribe. You people should grow up, honestly.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by kense88: 12:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
nickyboduns:
why not davis buhari instead grin grin grin grin grin
Nawa for you oo. Na beta badluck for follow that movie.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by CSTR1003: 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2018
See as some animals just dey disgrace igbo people for here.

What a big shame. undecided

Please they don't speak for us. Igbos are not chestbeaters.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
temiflex01:
Why Igbos com mumu like this? What's the big deal, y dem dey happy like person wey won sport bet, because person wey never reach Africa before used a name, it shows their inferiority! What a shame!! undecided undecided undecided
Honestly, my brother, Igbos suck when it comes to tribe stuffs. They always fall my hand. Too immature when it comes to tribe issue. They need to grow up.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by CSTR1003: 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
Gratefulheart1:

Honestly, my brother, Igbos suck when it comes to tribe stuffs. They always fall my hand. Too immature when it comes to tribe issue. They need to grow up.
Learn to be specific.

How many igbos are on nairaland?
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
CSTR1003:
See as some animals just dey disgrace igbo people for here.

What a big shame. undecided

Please they don't speak for us. Igbos are not chestbeaters.
Bro, it's a big shame. Your people have to change, they're very childish. I always wonder if that's how you're all being brought up or each parent always train their children to be hateful, tribalistic and get childish any small issue about tribe. It's becoming too much.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by CSTR1003: 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2018
Gratefulheart1:

Bro, it's a big shame. Your people have to change, they're very childish. I always wonder if that's how you're all being brought up or each parent always train their children to be hateful, tribalistic and get childish any small issue about tribe. It's becoming too much.
How many igbos are on nairaland for you to make such sweeping generalisation ?

I am igbo and I am not like that.

You are just as ignorant ,hateful and bigoted as the people you are accusing.

1 Like

Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Hmajeed(m): 12:45pm On Apr 13, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

and Davido, Olumide, Wale, Wizkid, Kiss Daniel etc have made them conclude that Yoruba is the official language in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by toye440: 12:45pm On Apr 13, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Na wetin dey kill them b dis, dem too dey full of themselves. Bye d way d guy only qouted igbo names in Hollywood living behind the Nigerian Hollywood names like John gboyega, Hakeem k kazeem, Wale, Jacob Taio Cruz, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Adetomiwa Edun, Richard Ayoade, David Oyelowo, Adepero Oduye , Hope Olaide Wilson. e.t.c. we dont make noise ppl and our exploits announce us. oh AJ is not left out and check out medical sciences guy try to not to b ethnocentric Jelani is a northerner yet hes doing Nigeria proud guy shelve this we r d best mentality.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2018
CSTR1003:

Learn to be specific.

How many igbos are on nairaland?
Sorry for generalizing bro, only thing is, when you see immature tribe comments on social media. You'll will see many likes meaning that, majority of Igbos think same way and approve of such immature posts. Only few mature people like you try to correct such issue. As much as i like and respect Igbos, the tribe issue is too dominant in their lives and that is a big turn off. That thing pisses someone off a lot.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by CSTR1003: 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2018
Gratefulheart1:

Sorry for generalizing bro, only thing is, when you see immature tribe comments on social media. You'll will see many likes meaning that, majority of Igbos think same way and approve of such immature posts. Only few mature people like you try to correct try issue. As much as i like and respect Igbos, the tribe issue is too dominant in their lives and that is a big turn off. That thing pisses someone off a lot.
Majority of igbos?

Please don't quote me again.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
CSTR1003:

How many igbos are on nairaland for you to make such sweeping generalisation ?

I am igbo and I am not like that.

You are just as ignorant ,hateful and bigoted as the people you are accusing.
Don't be ignorant. It's common sense thing. Someone post something, 90 likes it, only 5 person quotes it to correct it. 90 ratio 5.
You don't need the whole population, one only needs a sample of a population to know the fact. Anyway, you said I shouldn't coat you again. No problem. I've tried to be reasonable and polite enough. If hate is what you're brought up with in your tribe, hate is not a virtue to our tribe, that's the reason why i'm always surprised at the immaturity of your people. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Mofe72: 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
Yemea1:
Marketing strategy... he could evaluate the love for foreign movies by Nigeria and africa at large through the turnout panther received ever...

Keep it up and for we Nigerians please lets appreciate who we are and what we have.

God bless Nigeria

I think, it's the director/ screen writer or the person in charge of casting that picks character names. Not the actors.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Niyinficient(m): 1:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Stop all these tribal rants of yours.

Sorry to follow your tribal path but just for you to know: Afonja names are not only used in Hollywood movies, Afonjas act them and as well speak their language in these movies. Stop being stupid.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by Mofe72: 1:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
Gratefulheart1:

Don't be ignorant. It's common sense thing. Someone post something, 90 likes it, only 5 person quotes it to correct it. 90 ratio 5.
You don't need the whole population, one only needs a sample of a population to know the fact. Anyway, you said I shouldn't coat you again. No problem. I've tried to be reasonable and polite enough. If hate is what you're brought up with in your tribe, hate is not a virtue to our tribe, that's the reason why i'm always surprised at the immaturity of your people. Thank you.

95 interactions, How do you make such assumptions from 95 interactions? I'm neither igbo, yoruba or hausa and i like or quote comments if/when i please. Some people do it because they fancy the poster or they just feel like or it was funny to them. Calm your nerves. 90 likes on an online forum is not equal to 90 votes of agreement from a particular group of people.

It is a very wrong assumption.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage by skales67(m): 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2018
Gratefulheart1:

Gringo, Dope, Fast and Furious 6. I even gave you three movies. Outside Nigeria sef, non-Nigerian Yorubas rock. e.g Adebayor in Togo, popular grammy award winner Angeligue Kidjo who sang many Yoruba songs.
You people are very very immature in your heads. I even feel ashamed having to be doing this with you when there are more important things to do with my life. If care is not taking, you will make one become childish and immature like you. Immature, noise making, childish, inferiority complex igbo tribe. You people should grow up, honestly.

You even proved me right by replying my comment.

What is Gringo? It is not a popular Yoruba name and if you check well, it means a loy in other languages in the world. As for the "Dope"...it was pronounced as DOPE...a synonym used in describing something that is classy eg: "Mehn, this car is dope!" and not your yoruba Dope name. Small thing now una go claim say NIKE (the sports wear manufacturing giant) is Nike (Shape form of Adenike).

As for you mentioning yorubas doing well outside, don't even go there because a list of Igbos making waves in different spheres of life in diaspora will drown your Yoruba list.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The 21 2019 BBNaija Housemates: Simply Tacha, Kim Oprah, Sir Dee (Photos) / Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter / #bbnaija: Emotional Isilomo Removed Her Wig On Stage When Talking To Ebuka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.