Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

"Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management (17707 Views)

BREAKING: No Bed Space For Returning Students, Says OAU Management / OAU Management Forcefully Ejects Students From Halls Of Residence, Arrests..... / OAU Management Suspends Vice-president And Social Director Of Student Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by lloyds(m): 8:22am On Apr 13, 2018
You cant confront a collective conspiracy without being injured.

She is afraid. It's normal.

1 Like

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by Badman4good: 8:22am On Apr 13, 2018
IamHeWrites:
The public relations office of the Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife in Osun state , Abiodun Olanrewaju, says the female student involved in the sex-for-mark scandal currently rocking the institution, has refused to come forward to testify before the panel that has been set up to investigate the matter.

In an audio convesation which has since gone viral, a lecturer in the school, professor Richard Akindele could be heard telling a final year female student, Enitan, that he will have to sleep with her five times before she can pass his course which she failed.

Speaking on a programme on Rave FM in Osogbo, the state capital on Wednesday April 11th, the OAU spokesperson said the incident happened last year.

According to Olanrewaju, the victim is said to be apprehensive that the lecturer might lose his job if she comes forward.

He said;
''We have put machinery in motion to ascertain the veracity of the claims and identify the characters involved. As I am talking to you now, the management has taken a position which we will be working on now. On the day that the audio was leaked, the vice chancellor and other principal officers of the university acted, including the legal director of the university. We set up a committee and the vice chancellor gave the committee one week to submit its report. After that, we will know what to do.

The incident happened last year. We have been calling her (the student’s) line, but she is not responding to her calls again. We learnt that she confided in someone that she did not want the appointment of the man (lecturer) to be terminated because of her case. The panel has been set up and query has been given to the man; but we need somebody to come up that she was the one that was sexually harassed and the person is not in sight.”

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/04/accuser-of-professor-akindele-has-refused-to-come-forward-oau-management-says.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

She comes forward and they'll never let her graduate. This is the biggest fear of students in tertiary institutions...fear of retaliation by colleagues.
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 13, 2018
ireke:
Nonsense. Absolute nonsensical nonsense. How many courses is the prof taking?
Step 1: Get all the result sheets from all the courses he has taken for the current session and the immediate past session
Step 2: Identify every female that failed his course over this period.
Step 3: interview those that got between 30 and 40. You may pick a couple that got between 40 - 45 too.

Chances are high that if you do not even get to know the particular female student through this procedure, you may get someone else to corroborate the story. Come to think of It, if they are calling the girl's number, then they must know her. Anyways, the girl is just a witness. The prof has a case to answer that is not invalidated even if the girl disappears or dies today self.

If the girl is pursuing a case against the prof, the case against the prof can not be heard if she refuses to come forward. Unfortunately, prof's offense is not just against the girl. His action was criminal and unethical so the university has grounds to discipline him if he can be found guilty via other means.
Most times,if a lecturer like a particular female student,he will deliberately be giving her lower marks so that they will negotiate to go to the oza room so that she will get her appropriate marks back.

1 Like

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by Noblefirstlady: 8:22am On Apr 13, 2018
Come out to do what exactly,maybe the professor and his colleagues in the same crime has even threatened her not to.
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by wagazala: 8:23am On Apr 13, 2018
Naija my country. End of discussion grin

Make the poor girl come out so she won't graduate ba?

Prof knows her na, he should call her out.

1 Like

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by Meti99(m): 8:23am On Apr 13, 2018
How I wish you guys can shut the Bleep outa hia.

Most of the guys castigating this professor here are paedophiles.

Jesus said, let him without sin be the first to cast the stone.
But I see hypocrites here who will prefer to remove the specs in other people's eyes forgetting the log of wood in their own eyes

1 Like

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by AK481(m): 8:23am On Apr 13, 2018
ireke:
Step 1: Get all the result sheets from all the courses he has taken for the current session and the immediate past session
Step 3: interview those that got between 30 and 40. You may pick a couple that got between 40 - 45 too.

Chances are high that if you do not even get to know the particular female student through this procedure, you may get someone else to corroborate the story. Come to think of It, if they are calling the girl's number, then they must know her. Anyways, the girl is just a witness. The prof has a case to answer that is not invalidated even if the girl disappears or dies today self.

If the girl is pursuing a case against the prof, the case against the prof can not be heard if she refuses to come forward. Unfortunately, prof's offense is not just against the girl. His action was criminal and unethical so the university has grounds to discipline him if he can be found guilty via other means.

Bla bla bla
Do u sentence a man without a witness?

1 Like

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:23am On Apr 13, 2018
Hahahahahahaha!

Three people failed the course. It's not rocket science to find them.
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by Aarenaija: 8:24am On Apr 13, 2018
Nigeria my country.
Can anything good come out of this country?
What is the place of investigation to authenticate the aligation before calling the victims.
This is a University that prides herself as the best in the country and they can't just get this through.
No.wonder Government dont take their research outcome seriously.

1 Like

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by 0monnak0da: 8:25am On Apr 13, 2018
ireke:

We cannot start such a wide ranging investigation based on rumors no matter the indignation we feel.

There must be a complaint. At what point does an "investigation" become a witchhunt?
We must not forget the aphorism

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit non qui negat

The onus of prof is on the one who declares a thing not the one who denies.

No one can be asked to prove their innocence

You say "His action was criminal and unethical" really? That is totally against all principles of fairness and justice. Were you there?

The reality is there is an allegation and it must be proved. The person who made the allegation has a duty to come forward.

The Prof remains innocent until proven guilty. We cannot change that principle no matter how outraged we feel

5 Likes

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by brownhawk: 8:25am On Apr 13, 2018
How sure are we it's the professor voice in the audio. It might be she's mischievous and wants to back out due to guilt and fear. I haven't heard of the professor story yet
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 13, 2018
X

2 Likes

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by MxFactor: 8:26am On Apr 13, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by HomeOfMe(f): 8:27am On Apr 13, 2018
IamHeWrites:
The public relations office of the Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife in Osun state , Abiodun Olanrewaju, says the female student involved in the sex-for-mark scandal currently rocking the institution, has refused to come forward to testify before the panel that has been set up to investigate the matter.

In an audio convesation which has since gone viral, a lecturer in the school, professor Richard Akindele could be heard telling a final year female student, Enitan, that he will have to sleep with her five times before she can pass his course which she failed.

Speaking on a programme on Rave FM in Osogbo, the state capital on Wednesday April 11th, the OAU spokesperson said the incident happened last year.

According to Olanrewaju, the victim is said to be apprehensive that the lecturer might lose his job if she comes forward.

He said;
''We have put machinery in motion to ascertain the veracity of the claims and identify the characters involved. As I am talking to you now, the management has taken a position which we will be working on now. On the day that the audio was leaked, the vice chancellor and other principal officers of the university acted, including the legal director of the university. We set up a committee and the vice chancellor gave the committee one week to submit its report. After that, we will know what to do.

The incident happened last year. We have been calling her (the student’s) line, but she is not responding to her calls again. We learnt that she confided in someone that she did not want the appointment of the man (lecturer) to be terminated because of her case. The panel has been set up and query has been given to the man; but we need somebody to come up that she was the one that was sexually harassed and the person is not in sight.”

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/04/accuser-of-professor-akindele-has-refused-to-come-forward-oau-management-says.html

So many students are being sexually harassed in this very school but are afraid to speak out. A very close relation of mine graduated from OAU in economics. I remember he once told us a professor was sexually harassing him. Being a very brilliant guy,he was sure of a 2.1 but instead he got a 2.2. This was in 2010. Most of those lecturers are evil.
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by Enemyofpeace: 8:27am On Apr 13, 2018
Walahi I must lecture before I die, fringe benefits plenty for the work. Lalasticlala if you are my student carry over go be your own for my course and six years for a four year course. Shebi you sabi ban me tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by zicoraads: 8:28am On Apr 13, 2018
revolt:
She doesn't hve to come forward. As long as there's evidence against him, he's culpable as a public officer.
She has to. If she doesn't give account, any law student can look at that tape and tear into it and make it look like a call between a nanny and a little baby cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by MxFactor: 8:29am On Apr 13, 2018
No victim, case no! Poor prof, poor girl
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by 2special(m): 8:31am On Apr 13, 2018
whether she comes out or not the school authorities already know her identity because only two failed the course so the thought that she will be frustrated out of OAU is null and void....the best bet for her is to come forward and defend her case.
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by NairaMaster1(m): 8:31am On Apr 13, 2018
So the school is in support of the professors conduct after the tape?

I give up on Nigeria.

I now agree with GEJ that stealing is not corruption.

Is professor Akindele's conduct not corruption?

Buhari come and see.
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by kingthreat(m): 8:35am On Apr 13, 2018
If she's bold enough to accuse,she should be bold enough to come forward. I doubt its just the fear of the lecturer losing his job that she's scared of.

1 Like

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by BOOMnaija(m): 8:36am On Apr 13, 2018
If she comes forward, more cans of worms will be revealed and there would be unpleasant consequences thus:

1. Some more lecturers will be implicated. It's obvious she has served more lecturers her honeypot in d past, but she kicked again this one because the old fool demanded to be serviced not once, not twice, not thrice, but.... Five times. Haba kilode!

2. Most of her grades in d past will be downgraded as a result of ascertaining the fact that she got such grades through sleeping around with d other lecturers.

3. She will be a tourist attraction anywhere she's sighted on campus and beyond.

4. She will be victimised by other lecturers.

So d decision she has taken is d best obviously

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by Adesolomon2014(m): 8:42am On Apr 13, 2018
Paperwhite:
-"He that comes to equity must come with clean hands".
-"Clear conscience fears no foe".

Over to you colar/cassock-wearing but randy priest.

De-law
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by delishpot: 8:44am On Apr 13, 2018
Story. Even if she come forward but the lie to the world that they did not see her, how will we know?

I do not think she formally reported him the issue is that somehow the tape of him asking for 5 rounds leaked online. Where are the women empowerment lawyers? They should stand behind her so that she can boldly come out and tell her own side of the story.
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by Ephyraim1(m): 8:45am On Apr 13, 2018
Even the embattled Professor has ran into his shell. He should publicly make a rebuttal if he never "compromised".

With every modicum of doubts, no claim shall forestall silence or the innocence of the lecturer
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by JuicyStar: 8:46am On Apr 13, 2018
He who assert must prove. What makes her different from EFCC when it comes to media trial. It's just a normal principle that she comes forward to prove her case. Yeah she has a good evidence but trail and consequential verdict can't be given in absential.

Secondly, if she so cares about the Professor's job then she shouldn't have put out the tape in the first place. What was she trying to achieve if not that the Professor should be punish and also for the menace to stop in universities.

This is the very reason people are not punished for rape cases. Simply because for whatever reasons, the "victims" don't come forward to prove their cases. And the court no matter the overwhelming evidence, can't convict the accused.

If she refuses to come forward the case will be dismissed and unfounded. We can't say sha she might be feeling she won't get judgement if she appears at the panel. Then she should take it forward to the regular court but for her own good she shouldn't let the matter slide.

2 Likes

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by blackboy(m): 8:47am On Apr 13, 2018
the cover up has begun. oau is disgracing themselves in Nigeria n beyond. the girl is already being blamed n case being closed.
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 13, 2018
In this era of voice modification software, any geek can cook up something to implicate the Professor.
Dont get me wrong, am not saying he's innocent oooo
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by Anonymous1900: 8:50am On Apr 13, 2018
If the statement by the school is true that this incident happened last year then i feel the accusations thrown at the lady on social media might not be fair (about her being dumb, lazy, wanting a way out, refused only because it was 5 times the prof asked for etc)

My thought process goes thus but i could be wrong

1. The lady failed the course and as a final year student, she went to see the prof to see if he could assist with a waiver (this is commonly practised in most higher institutions in nigeria, wehn a final year student fails just a course and the senate seats to let them go). there is nothing unbecoming by this act from her

2. she was probably preositioned at that very first meeting and the prof was probably ready to start is defiling spree there and then but as luck would have it she was on her period (as mentioned in the conversation)

3. after narrowly escaping the rape on the first occassion, she probably confided in someone even anonymously that what do you do if your prof wants to sleep with you before you pass (she must have got the response any sane person will offer which is to go and pray and not rreport him otherwise you will grow old in that school and never graduate esp since you have no proof and its your word against his.)

4. this conversation mmust have led her to try and get proof in the recorded conversation which she subtly ended with she cant do it five times and will carry the course (i also feel she would have rejected his offer even if it was once)

5. finally she kept her proof cos of social media judgements like the one people have been making about her being "oloso" or prostitute or any other derogatory word, resat her course with pride, graduated and the released the recording to shed light on the monster OAU is breeding

Like i said, i could be wrong and the social media is right (my assumptions are obviously based on the fact the incident happened lasy year and she has already resat the course and graduated now) but this is what i think in light of the new revelations by the school
IamHeWrites:

He said;

Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by Neoteny(m): 8:53am On Apr 13, 2018
Whether she comes forward or not, there's audio evidence of the randy idiot asking to sleep five times with a student for marks.

That is enough grounds to fire the old goat.

It's not just a case of harassment, it's one of unethical conduct.
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by pumpy007(m): 8:54am On Apr 13, 2018
daviesblaze:
LMAO, them neva investigate, mehn don start they prosecute and sentence the innocent man for social media undecided undecided undecided

I dont just get it. when a man is being harassed, na so you go see some feminazi turn detective with their stupid inferences.
but if na woman them harass, it will be better for that man to tie a stone to his neck and drown in the river.
and still you go dey see some sh**t load of f**ked up zombie brains dey come out say them be feminist. cheesy cheesy
Birds of the same feathers
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by Mejor79(m): 9:00am On Apr 13, 2018
Of course she has to come forward because once voice can be cloned and be implicated. But for avoidance of doubt she should come forward identify herself, prove her case and the course involved. If not the Prof. can just be queried and the case closed.
Re: "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management by tflourish9: 9:05am On Apr 13, 2018
Just as it is possible,that the Prof actually did what the gal is accusing him of,it's also very possible that the gal just scripted this accusation to destroy the Prof.The school should not be in a hurry to crucify the Prof.A forensic analysis of his mobile phone nos will reveal a lot.Justice will be served at the end of the day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis / Student Disappointed As Ambrose Alli University Lecturer Rejects His Project / Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.