Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,976 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

How To Spot A Fake Rolex - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Spot A Fake Rolex (18657 Views)

Quality Designer’s Wristwatches (rolex,corum,hublot,dior,patek,cartier, Etc) / 6k Wristwatch Top Notch Brands BVLGARI smart watches,Rolex,Hublot ETC / 5 Ways To Spot Quality Ankara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Spot A Fake Rolex by Revolva(m): 5:00am On Apr 13, 2018
Rolex watches are symbols of prestige and refinement. However, there is a thin line between a real Rolex watch and a fake one which is not always obvious, but with a few basic guidelines, it's usually possible to determine whether a Rolex is likely to be the real deal or a cheap imitation. For high-quality counterfeits, however, it may be necessary to consult a professional. That being said, I know you can trust and i will give a few tips.

The cheapest fakes are easy to spot because of their quartz dial movements. The second-hand stutters along inside the counterfeit watch, whereas a real Rolex has a smooth second-hand movement. If you're still unsure about the difference between a "stuttering" second hand and a "smooth" one, listen closely — there should not be a ticking noise coming from a true Rolex.

The second way to spot a fake is by the heft of the watch. Fake Rolex watches are generally lighter, whereas a real Rolex is made of high-quality metals, and will weigh significantly more.

Next, take a look at the winder on the side. Usually, fake Rolex watches have rather basic winders to move the minute and hour hands. But, a true Rolex will have a finely-crafted winder with engravings and grooves that are fascinating or quite a work of art especially for those that pay attention to details.

Last but not least, the cyclops lens on the face of a true Rolex will magnify the date. It's hard to replicate, so most counterfeit timepieces will skip this step and the date will appear the same size.

cc -lalasticlala
mynd44

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by wickyyolo: 6:32am On Apr 13, 2018
Thats why I wear Jacobs because there are too many fake Rolex in the Market. wink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by mayowascholar(m): 6:33am On Apr 13, 2018
nited
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by Tessie01(f): 6:34am On Apr 13, 2018
Nice thanks
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by iornenge81(m): 6:34am On Apr 13, 2018
k
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by chibike69: 6:35am On Apr 13, 2018
grin

final point

show it to hushpuppi
to certify whether it's fake

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by adioolayi(m): 6:36am On Apr 13, 2018
How much is fake and Original

2 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by Gkemz: 6:36am On Apr 13, 2018
Don't buy from aboki and expect it to be original

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by castrol180(m): 6:36am On Apr 13, 2018
Where are the pictures for both the fake and original?

14 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by ruffhandu: 6:36am On Apr 13, 2018
For those who wear.
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by moscobabs(m): 6:37am On Apr 13, 2018
Guess the Op has the original one sa?

6 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by bewla(m): 6:37am On Apr 13, 2018
t
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by infantlion(m): 6:39am On Apr 13, 2018
Got a rolex watch for 25k..dunno if its a fake one
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by Ebukamath(m): 6:39am On Apr 13, 2018
hmmm
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by moscobabs(m): 6:39am On Apr 13, 2018
infantlion:
It's pure fake even #250k own na fake

23 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by dvkot(m): 6:39am On Apr 13, 2018
Birdman needs to see this.... idols become rivals

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by ruggedtimi(m): 6:40am On Apr 13, 2018
just look at the magnifying lens(cyclop lens) and if the date is not magnified bodly then is a fake.
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by Lexusgs430: 6:40am On Apr 13, 2018
infantlion:

That is a golex... Not unless you meant $25K?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by Weareone202: 6:41am On Apr 13, 2018
If dem like make dem even sell original fake one. It no concern me

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by Pat081: 6:42am On Apr 13, 2018
N dos people dat is doing fake too will work on it after reading dis too
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by lekkan(m): 6:43am On Apr 13, 2018
All these people that'll use mouth and describe everything... Abeg wey picture??
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by calebfm(m): 6:45am On Apr 13, 2018
baba watch na watch, everything na to tell us time.

sha get ur pvc to flush the fake out to daura
taink you

2 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by bjayx: 6:48am On Apr 13, 2018
This op na time keeper ooo
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by Holahtunez(m): 6:55am On Apr 13, 2018
Paris gang
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by MrDojo(m): 7:13am On Apr 13, 2018
infantlion:

Probably fake bro embarassed embarassed... That's around $70... Original will cost more... smiley smiley smiley
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by sureprince01(m): 7:14am On Apr 13, 2018
All na watch, but I'd rather stick with the clock on my phone than embarrass myself wearing fake watch....

Contact me to change your iTunes and amazon cards at attractive prices.... #peace 07066246792
Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by olowobaba10: 7:15am On Apr 13, 2018
IF YOU WANT TO BUY ORIGINAL ROLEX, GO TO A ROLEX SHOP THOUGH I DON'T THINK WE HAVE ANY IN NIGERIA, ANY ROLEX YOU BUY OUTSIDE THEIR SHOP IS FAKE, PERIOD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by mu2sa2: 7:18am On Apr 13, 2018
In this age of mobile phones when good people have done away with wristwatches? I might consider buying a Rolex just to tell the time whenever the age of mobile phones ends!

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by greggng: 7:20am On Apr 13, 2018
infantlion:

The smallest quality original Rolex goes for 300k to 15million cos some are called presidential Rolex made of gold and diamond. I sold mine for 200k but I later discovered that they only paid for the gold value after weighing it. They person that bought it for me was angry when he heard what I did. He claimed it worth over 3million but aboki just put it on a scale and paid for the gold weight. I learnt big lesson thereafter

3 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Rolex by idu1(m): 7:23am On Apr 13, 2018
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

{PHOTOS} MEET THE DIRECT DEALER OF PURE THAI ORGANIC INGREDIENTS FOR COSMETICS / 5 Ways To Spot Quality Ankara / JEWELRY/WATCHES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.