Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms (32388 Views)

King & Queen Of Netherlands Take Stunning Pics Infront Of SA's Purple Trees -PIX / Netherlands Probes 'illegal' Chinese Police Stations / 5 Facts About Dayton Mass Shooter, Connor Betts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by scully95: 2:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
Please add the 6th one there.. Nederlands is a permanent anglozionist puppet.. Nigeria is not.. This is a huge difference. OK..

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2018
A trip to Amsterdam would be the best birthday gift I can get from anyone. kiss
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by EverestdeBliu(m): 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:
It is something positive to think about by African leaders.

That said, the $90 billion figure stated by the op was an exageration. The correct details and statistics of the Dutch food export in 2017 are as follows:

"Meat and meat products represent nearly 12% of exports, while ornamental plants and dairy products and eggs each account for 10%. Exports of dairy and eggs, animals and meat, and oils and fats all rose sharply in 2017. Last year agricultural exports generated €44 billion for the Dutch economy"

.19 Jan 2018

$44 billion and not $90 billion.

Convert the €44 billion to US $

Bear in mind that Euro is stronger than dollar.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by ultron12345: 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:
Nigeria a country blessed with wonderful people but stupid leaders.
where are the leaders from, are they from amongst d people. Nigeria's problem is bad people, and bad people will always give rise to bad leaders.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by CoolAmbience(m): 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:

Not correct at all.

Leaders come from among the people.

Leadership cannot outclass the society that creates it.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Afritop(m): 2:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:
It's wicked leaders. Though I agree that they are stupid
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by desmond2pk: 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
Apc will take away everything that makes life meaningful and build road for you, paint bus stop like ambode, build status like rojas.
Then, they start blabbing how good they are while their subjects suffer.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Delivar(m): 2:10pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:
You are VERY WRONG. How can you have a wonderful population and then have bad leaders? The leaders come from population isn't? If we are having bad leaders coming from the population then it means the population is corrupt too. Stop using our leaders as an excuse rather than admitting the population is corrupt and needs a lot of education and enlightenment. If we refuse to accept the truth we will never solve our problems.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by thrillionaire(m): 2:10pm On Apr 13, 2018
Bezos:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am Okoro, a FUTO student. I have not been able to pay my school fees, and on Monday, the semester exams will start. The school have a policy of no fees no exam. I have tried all the people I know but nothing is coming forth. I am sponsoring myself to school. I can't afford to drop out now, I am in my fourth year.
Please help me.

Here is my phone number 07056552843

Bank is Diamond Bank
Acct number 0024727225

Thank you very much as you help me. God bless you.
Even on a thread that should cause some sober reflection? smh

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by chysam: 2:11pm On Apr 13, 2018
humamich:
Maybe, the smaller the better. ...or what do you think?

A flat head detected on my radar.
Just like China abi?
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by grandstar(m): 2:11pm On Apr 13, 2018
The stats I am getting isn't $90b but far less.

Anyway, it is quite impressive.

HDI is very high in that country and company tax is just 25%. Thi is lower than poor Nigeria's 30% or 32% if you include the education tax.

Should Nigeria's tax not be much lower than a rich one in order to encourage far more foreign direct invest to flood in?
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by grandstar(m): 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2018
EverestdeBliu:

Convert the €44 billion to US $

Bear in mind that Euro is stronger than dollar.

About $50b and that is even too much http://www.worldstopexports.com/netherlands-top-10-exports/

The following export product groups represent the highest dollar value in Dutch global shipments during 2017. Also shown is the percentage share each export category represents in terms of overall exports from the Netherlands.

At the more granular four-digit Harmonized Tariff System code level, refined petroleum oils comprise the most valuable Dutch export product followed by phone system devices including smartphones then computers plus optical readers.

Machinery including computers: US$93.5 billion (14.3% of total exports)
Electrical machinery, equipment: $87.4 billion (13.4%)
Mineral fuels including oil: $80.3 billion (12.3%)
Pharmaceuticals: $33.5 billion (5.1%)
Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $30.1 billion (4.6%)
Vehicles: $27.3 billion (4.2%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $25.4 billion (3.9%)
Organic chemicals: $21.4 billion (3.3%)
Iron, steel: $14.8 billion (2.3%)
Live trees, plants, cut flowers: $10.3 billion (1.6%)
Netherlands top 10 exports accounted for almost two-thirds (65%) of the overall value of its global shipments.

Pharmaceuticals represent the fastest-growing among the top 10 export categories, up 101.2% from 2016 to 2017.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Delivar(m): 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2018
Bezos:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am Okoro, a FUTO student. I have not been able to pay my school fees, and on Monday, the semester exams will start. The school have a policy of no fees no exam. I have tried all the people I know but nothing is coming forth. I am sponsoring myself to school. I can't afford to drop out now, I am in my fourth year.
Please help me.

Here is my phone number 07056552843

Bank is Diamond Bank
Acct number 0024727225

Thank you very much as you help me. God bless you.
It would have been better not to go to school. It's better you saved the little money available to start a business. Why waste your last card going to school when the certificate may not even give you employment after you graduate? After graduation you are still going to need money to start a business to survive.

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Ewedegubbler: 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2018
What do u expect from a country whose president doesn’t know that Gadhafi died many years ago and believes he is the one training and arming his stupid herdsmen
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by AZeD1(m): 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:
This is ironic because the leaders come from the people.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
And a pap brain is asking his forefathers how BIAFRA will succeed as a country which such small population
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by ajeleseujn(m): 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2018
Very funny, when our foreign reserve is not even up to $30b .
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by jamjo: 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:

Don't blame it solely on our leaders, where do the leaders come from? Nigeria as a country is like this particular poultry farmer who sales his eggs but whenever we buy and go home to make the use of the eggs the eggs are always rotten. There is something the farmer is doing wrong don't you agree? the so-called leaders did not come from mars they come from our midst. There is something that is fundamentally wrong about Nigeria and Nigerians until we do something about it Nigeria will always be a failed state. Let me ask you do you have your PVC, are you going to vote along the religious, tribal, party line or the best man/woman.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by ifyain: 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2018
The biggest problem in Nigeria is structural and not to an extent leadership. The kingdom of the Nederlands you are talking about is made up of confederate states. each of those states are developing at their own pace. Friesland a state in Nederland is the agricultural heart beat of the kingdom. I am a dutch naturalised Nigerian so I know what I am talking about. the local council or gemente as it is called in Nederland is more important to the lives of the community than the capital in the HAGUE. Nigeria can never get it right if the structure is wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by pweshboi(m): 2:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:
I can't agree with you less #OnPoint
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by mitchelljnr(m): 2:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:

I agree but don't forget you're among the wonderful people today and may be a leader tomorrow. Are you saying we transform from wonderful to stupid when we become leaders?
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by toofit007: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2018
Adieza:
1. The Netherlands is 22 times smaller than Nigeria.
2. They have 17 million people living there. 3. There are 6 states in Nigeria bigger than the Netherlands and Niger state is almost double in size.
That small the country is.

4. They feed themselves, and last year exported over $90 billion worth of food.
5. That is about 3 times Nigeria oil revenue. Funny enough, black people used to think agriculture was their thing since they didn't produce any technology.

Many people don't realize how sorry our situation is. Before, there was no money. But today there is so much money out there that we cannot even use the money available in the world to develop Nigeria. You don't really need government money these days to develop a country. The government just need to make life easy for people with money to come and use their money to develop the country. This is a very difficult notion for African leaders to understand.

Today, African governments are the biggest enemies of their own people.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=359881027851345&id=158338594672257
when are they playing the match?
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Yusuf4: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2018
I’m still suggesting we hand over Nigeria to our Ibo brothers to run it as a business.

I swear they will not let UK cheat us instead they will cheat Oyibo and bring more development to our country
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by gr8tone: 2:46pm On Apr 13, 2018
simplemach:
Nigeria is just too big for a black man to successfully manage, break this shithole into the different required parts and let everybody bear his father's name.
Is Nigeria the largest country in the world?
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Troublemaker007(m): 2:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
GreatEngineer:
Unbelievable.

Don’t be surprised. Netherlands is one of the riches country in terms of stable economy, lesser crime and standards of living. Crime rate was so low that their govt had to close down 5 priso because nobody to put in them. That’s my dream country to live in.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Follygunners: 2:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
eleojo23:

The leaders are not aliens na.

They came from among the people...

So we really have a problem

Very true... it's everybody's problem.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
Impressive.... smiley…I am sure the IQ of the average Netherlander is also higher.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by clemmonce(m): 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
easyrentnig:
Easy Shuttle Nigeria, a Quick Safe and Comfortable way to ride To and Fro work daily.
Why ride with EasyShuttle To and Fro work ?

1. Safe because we have speed limits and Car trackers inside every bus/car and we also have done all driver verifications on all drivers and vehicles

2. Very comfortable because we only allow 3 on a seat as againts the 4 or 5 in public buses. And 4riders per car

3. Fully air-conditioned making you stay clean and fresh to and fro work daily as againt sweating and squeezing of your cloth in public transport

4. Cheaper than other means of transport to work

5. Dedicated means of transport to and fro work daily. Giving you rest of mind even on sunny and rainy days

6. Qualified driver, our drivers are customer friendly as against thugs who are drive public buses and drag your bus fare change with you daily

For booking, kindly Call Mr Ayo on 07065558653 to book a seat today

View our Nairaland thread to learn more - https://www.nairaland.com/4450624/safe-comfortable-way-ride-fro
going through the thread you created I can see you are not ready for business. Some prospective customer asked you question and you decoded not to answer..... I think you are fraud
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
BladeDayWalker:
Impressive.... smiley…I am sure the IQ of the average Netherlander is also higher.

The singular factor responsible for the embarrassing difference in development between us and them.

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by OTayobami(m): 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
mmsen:

The leaders are a reflection of the people.

You might want to think that they are a wonderful but the evidence suggests that they are not.

At best they are stupid cowards who turn a blind eye to the misdeeds of their countrymen. At worst evil bullies who abuse their station when the opportunity arises.
ohman i quote you wrong, those leaders are entirely different people right now
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by DozieInc(m): 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
Big for nothing giants.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by CaptainFM1: 3:21pm On Apr 13, 2018
One other fact!

Nigerians are Lazy!
We always think we are very hard working, but that's not true. I've seen how these Europeans work. They work hard and they work smart. Their attitude to work is so great.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War / Iran Warns Israel Of Regional Escalation If Gaza Ground Offensive Launched / Putin Declares Martial Law In 4 Annexed Regions Of Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.