Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Top 10 Proven Ways You Can Make Money As A Nigerian Student - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top 10 Proven Ways You Can Make Money As A Nigerian Student (568 Views)

10 Proven Strategies For Successful School Marketing / 10 Proven Strategies For Mastering The Habit Of Saving Money In Nigeria / 3 Ways You Can Stop A Girl Asking You For Money Or Material Things But She Will (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Proven Ways You Can Make Money As A Nigerian Student by Valentinejr(m): 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
In this post, we’re going to explore possible ways you can make money as a Nigerian Student, irrespective of your department and level of study. And also learn the dynamics of most of the strategies that we used to scale through the odd in our time.

Why This Post?
Top 10 Ways to Make Money as a Nigerian Student (in Campus or off campus), is a topic modeled to assist all. This is because Tuition and other fees in school, sometimes, make life unfair for some parents. And for Nigerians students, to make money while in campus might seem Greek.

But before I proceed with other amazing factors, you must agree with me that scholarships awarded by Governments, NGOs, and big corporate businesses organizations (as part of their corporate social responsibilities), and other donor agencies, helps in ameliorating the stress of fees especially for indigent and brilliant students.

And I’m pretty sure that scholarships are not meant for all students in Nigeria.

In campus or off campus, there are cool and viable ways to create lasting impact in an industry and make a lot of money for yourselves, and I will love to start with my personal story.

The truth About the Whole Matter
Being in a higher institution in Nigeria can be quite fun but it entails facing reality; it can be a big challenge to those who are not lucky to have a buoyant parents or sponsors, and I am a living example. So, I want you to consider this blog post a miracle.

Can you Really Make Money as a Nigerian Student?
The right question should be if you can understand the context of this article. Because, when you do, you will live larger than you were offered admission.

As a Nigerian student, you can make a lot of cash for yourselves, but here is what you need to do for me; Believe in yourself and don’t welcome negativity. This is because, there are lots of things you might face when you start.

Challenges you May Face
Funding: Some of the ways you may need to make money in campus might requires funding. Some might cost as low as N 5,000 but other might require up to N200, 000. So, once the clarity is there, one can borrow to make a business happen.

Timing: This one is the students’ biggest enemy. And a great factor that will either make you or ruin your academic endeavor in the name of making money. Most undergraduates opt out for entrepreneurship schemes while in campus because of their inability to manage their time.

But here is my advice: you want to make money in school, but you need a good grade afterward. So, you need to choose one that doesn’t require your maximum time and attention so as to give sufficient time to your academics

Audience: The University itself (that’s why I call it the global village square). To any product in the campus, there must be a buyer. You only need to go extra mile to ensure your business add value in order to keep the customers coming.

Top 10 Proven Ways you Can Make Money as a Nigerian Student (in Campus)
Here are they:

#1. Blogging

Just like I promised at the onset, I’ll be sharing/starting with my personal story.

I started blogging in the year 2012; just one year after I was offered admission into Federal University of technology Owerri. And till now, I’ve been adding value and making my money in the industry.

Blogging is one of the most lucrative internet business, as you get paid directly into your bank account here in Nigeria. And I can create and host blogs for interested ones with as low as N40, 000 with powerful insights on how to be earning over $100 on weekly basis. The choice is yours.

How Can I start Blogging?

That is one of the simplest questions I’ve heard this year. Blogging is nothing more than the social media accounts you make use of, and it can be turns into a multimillion businesses (anywhere in the world)

In blogging, all that is needed is having something to share (in writing), something unique and that can interest the public.

Here are some of the most consumed blog niches to venture into:

Entertainment
Health
Technology
Relationship and sexuality.
Business and finance.
Cooking and catering.
Fashion ETC.
There more other ways to blog, but it depends on where your interest dwells. And the truth is that you must have a nice communication strategy. Because, no matter how rich your ideas and information is, you will still need a means of conveying it to the right audience.

How Bloggers Make Money
There are many earning/monetization options for bloggers which might not be unconnected with the ones listed below:

Google AdSense.
Consultation on SEO, traffic related issues
Affiliate marketing.
Freelancing (writing posts and articles for other blogs and individuals)
Creating blogs for others (and web development )
Selling of my information products on social media sites and auction bases.
But as a guide to this, I’ve created a post that will teach you how blogger make money. So start reading now

#2. School Politics
Engaging in school politics isn’t one of the easiest things to do while on campus, but it’s a sure way you can make money as a Nigerian student. You don’t need to doubt this one.

One, school politics id for everyone, as far as you’re not mentally retarded.

Because there are qualities that make us a school politician, and of course, what we need in Nigeria in order to thrive.

To succeed in school politics, you’ll need the following qualities: boldness, leadership qualities , lovable , social , eccentric and eager to survive.

Caution!
There is an unending wave of cultism and high level of intimidation in the campus environment, So, one needs to be very careful when bargaining school politics.

Another shortcoming is that politics is time consuming. You might even forfeit some of your important classes and practicals in order to maintain a steady flow in your political career.

In other words, you might decline academically before getting what you really want (the voice, fame and money)

Scaling through, politically, in school means financial freedom. But you need to thread with a big C on your mind.

Know that funds (most looted) gotten from politics is not mostly legal and doesn’t last and also your studentship and integrity will be at stake.

Be wise!

And have God in your mind, even as you strive to make money as a Nigerian student.

#3. Freelancing
Apart from been hired by a firm or a person to carry out a task, freelancing can imply creating your personal contents and locating your prospects .

There are lots of platforms (local and international) that can help you make use of your skills, in order to make money as a student in Nigeria.

Freelancing (as I chose to call it) is more of a business for the craft oriented, writers, and content masters. But as a student in Nigeria there are popular areas you can freelance about and make money.

They include

Writing assignments, reports seminars and projects for busy students.
Customizing PowerPoint slides for presenters
Writing journals for publishers
Designing Graphics for organizations and people
Assisting bloggers in their posting and so on

One thing that make it the best alternative to some of the options to be added, is that it’s pricing is totally based on your ability to negotiate.

#4. Get a Scholarship
Scholarship opportunities for students in Nigeria

There are so many bodies that are willing to pay academically sound students .Some of this scholarship bodies include:

Total ELF
MTN Foundation Scholarships
Agbami
Mobil
MUSTE and so many others
You only need to be informed on the right time to apply for these scholarships. You need to locate bodies (or cafe) in your schools that will help you apply for some of them.

A good example is JobReaders Cyber Cafe (Located at Hilltop Gate, University of Nigeria Nsukka). They are dedicated to assisting students who need scholarship. And they also offer free information and insights.

See for one in your school, register with them and keep applying. You might be the next happy student.

#5. Modern Gambling/Gaming
There are types of games that students’ love playing, and PS4 or PS5 are good examples. You can get these devices for as low as N20, 000 and convert a little space as the gaming center.

No doubt; students fall in love with recreation, and places to rest after being pressed to the wall, by lecturers.

Secondly, you can make money as a gamber.

But I’ll always place a C sign on this option.

Just as many have won million from sports betting, many other have lost their real lives batting to lose.

So be careful, there is a strong spirit attached to gambling. And it lives in everyone.

However, you can learn how to make bigger money from Bet9ja. just click ==>here to get started.

#6. School Journalism
This is another cool way that creative people can make a lot of money.

There are lots of needs for information circulation within the university, and internal journalists are best known for their trust and reliability.

You can be one.

How do I make Money as a Digital Journalist?
You can refer to option 1 above.

What do I mean?

You can create a blog and keep your information streamlined to reveal happening withing the university. they will love you for that.

Click here to lean how to make money from a journalistic blog.

Option 2
You can start creating video (News) and posting on your YouTube Channel.

Feel free to click here, to learn how to make money from YouTube videos.

More, see source: http://www.weusenaira.com/ways-to-make-money-as-a-nigerian-student/

Re: Top 10 Proven Ways You Can Make Money As A Nigerian Student by DKrown: 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
Thanks
Re: Top 10 Proven Ways You Can Make Money As A Nigerian Student by ifex370(m): 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ps5?

#20,000... Eziokwu shocked

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Praises Gowon For The Way He Fought Against Biafrans During Civ / Poor Electricity With High Tarif: Niger State / Is This True Of Our Police Force?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.