Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist (11517 Views)

Police Shoot At Shiite Protesters (Graphics Photo) / Police Officers Evacuate Corpses of Shiite Protesters Killed In Abuja [PICS] / Moment Police Opened Fire On Shiite Protesters Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Ebullience(m): 2:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
Operatives of the Federal Capital Territory Police Command, on Friday, dispersed members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria protesting the continued detention of their leader, Ibrahim El-Zakyzaky.

The policemen also arrested an activist, and Convener of a civil society group, Concerned Nigerians, Deji Adeyanju, who has been championing the daily rallies by the Shiite group for the release of their leader by the Federal Government.

Adeyanju was arrested at the Unity Fountain, Maitama, during a sit-out which was disrupted by the police officers who fired tear gas at the participants.

The activist’s arrest is coming a few days after the Buhari Media Support Group called for his detention over comments made by him on Channels Tv breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily against President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday.

The group, in a statement by its chairman and secretary, Austin Braimoh and Cassidy Madueke respectively, noted that during the programme, the activist claimed that President Buhari upon landing in the United Kingdom, was immediately whisked to a hospital.

BMSG noted that the statement was capable of inciting unrest and instability in the country.

“Deji Adeyanju is notorious for his mischief and falsehood. He does this deliberately to incite the public. He is also known for his media consultancy with the Islam Movement of Nigeria on whose platform he has called for civil unrest across the country against the government.

“He has also taken to the social media several times to make completely false statements against the government, most times implicitly calling for anarchy,” the statement said.

Adeyanju had in his reaction to the statement said, ”If they don’t arrest me, then they are lily-livered.”

The FCT police spokesman, Anjuguri Manzah, has yet to respond to calls and SMS inquiring about Adeyanju’s arrest.

Details later…

http://punchng.com/police-disperse-shiite-protesters-arrest-activist/

1 Like

Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by bjayx: 2:22pm On Apr 13, 2018
Nigeria...
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by SOFTENGR: 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2018
the activist claimed that President Buhari upon landing in the United Kingdom, was immediately whisked to a hospital.

BMSG noted that the statement was capable of inciting unrest and instability in the country.
grin grin grin How does landing in Hospital capable of causing unrest?

Na today him don dey land for Hospital?

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by hakanai(m): 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
SOFTENGR:

grin grin grin How does[b] landing in Hospital capable [/b]of causing unrest?
Na today him don dey land for Hospital?

It could,if exploited or amplified by the wrong people... Lastly why lie ?
Even his point is a lie centered on fomenting trouble. All I can say instead of setting the nation on fire. VOTE !!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Blackfire(m): 3:31pm On Apr 13, 2018
Sunni muslims dealing with shite muslims....

Christains stay away o.

27 Likes

Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by ipobarecriminals: 3:34pm On Apr 13, 2018
sad
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by asawanathegreat(m): 3:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
Make them go disperse fulani guys wey kill human being everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by asawanathegreat(m): 3:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
Make them go disperse fulani guys wey dey kill human being everyday.
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by voicelez: 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
Are we still in the military era, the last time they were shot why can't the government have dialogue with them. SMH, no wonder they HE(Nnamdi KANU) said it's a zoo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by ArticleBeast: 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
Only those of us in the north knows the actrocities perperated by this group but to be honest Buhari is violating the freedom to worship and religion right...Buratai is yet to face the ICC court over the crimes committed against these people in Zaria..

Abeg forget matter and check my signature for more

4 Likes

Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Mogidi: 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ordinary protest Bubu is sending the police and army, 2019 would be interesting when Bubu appears in handcuffs in the Hague.
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by OTayobami(m): 3:39pm On Apr 13, 2018
NPF i biliv you die pass NYPD and LAPD sef. Lols
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Pumpulapu: 3:39pm On Apr 13, 2018
The Problem of this world is Muslims. Very difficult to understand. Very difficult to tolerate. Very difficult to mingle. Always agitating for right , always fighting for power. Always feel cheated. Nawaooo

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 13, 2018
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
what I thought I saw was "shit protesters "
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
chidichuddo:
what I thought I saw was "shit protesters "

sh-it protesters

1 Like

Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by lordkush: 3:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
zombies and useful idiots don spoil nigeria finish
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by ZarahBuhari: 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2018
Go and get your PVC. I'm tired of these nonsense called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Gayigaskia(m): 3:46pm On Apr 13, 2018
This Deji Adeyanju is just an attention seeker
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by enemyofprogress: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2018
Na dem dem, e no concern me
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by uzeba(m): 3:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
naija problem too much!!
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by donjahsy(m): 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
hakanai:

It could if exploited or amplified by the wrong people... Lastly why lie ? Even his point is a lie centered on fomenting trouble. All I can say instead of setting the nation on fire. VOTE !!!
just listen to yourself making a point with don't lie, how many times have u warned Lie Muhammed to stop lying. abeg go and sit down.

2 Likes

Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by holluphemydavid(m): 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2018
hakanai:

It could if exploited or amplified by the wrong people... Lastly why lie ? Even his point is a lie centered on fomenting trouble. All I can say instead of setting the nation on fire. VOTE !!!
wot now happened to freedom of speech?
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by ghostfacekillar(m): 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2018
yorubaa muz*where una dey *come and castigate ur muz brodas.if nah ipob una go carry am for head

3 Likes

Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by DIKEnaWAR: 3:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ok.

Nonsense government.

1 Like

Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Hardrive(m): 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
I am not trying to derail this thread but if any of the mods is active, I want people to create a thread concerning the collection of PVC in Lagos State.
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Fitnessman(m): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
That is Nigeria for you
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Charly68: 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
So these people have not given up on their lawless leader...the president must have learnt that he won't allow him to govern peaceably if he releases him hence they will serve together for four years term ..until God decides otherwise
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
Free their leader jare
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2018
Pumpulapu:
The Problem of this world is Muslims. Very difficult to understand. Very difficult to tolerate. Very difficult to mingle. Always agitating for right , always fighting for power. Always feel cheated. Nawaooo

hmmmmmm
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
Shiit and ibob are praying for bubu to die, God no answer, hai, hai hai hai hai
Re: Police Disperse Shiite Protesters, Arrest Activist by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 13, 2018
Shiiiit and ibob are praying for bubu to die. God no gree answer, Hai hai hai hai hai hai.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bakare: APC Owe Nigerians Explanation On Non-Implementation Of El-Rufai Report / Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu / De-radicalization” Of Terrorists Doesn’t Work - Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.