Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Does Anyone Know How To Contact Canada Citizenship And Immigration Office? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does Anyone Know How To Contact Canada Citizenship And Immigration Office? (4688 Views)

Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan / Bizarre Illegal Immigration Techniques: How People And Drugs Are Smuggled. / My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Know How To Contact Canada Citizenship And Immigration Office? by AkinUK: 9:04pm On May 13, 2010
Hello,

Please, does anyone Know how to contact Canada Citizenship and Immigration Office either by email or phone no?

I submitted my application as Federal Skill Worker about a month ago. I included required $1100 bank draft for myself and my dependant with the application. Up till now, I have not heard any reply/acknowledgement from them. Please, I need to verify that they have safely received the parcel and most especially the $1100 bank draft or else to embark on how to retrieve my money back from the Bank that issued the draft.

I posted the documents by air (not courier) from UK where I presently reside.

I phoned Canada Embassy in UK to find out but they said that  Canada Citizenship and Immigration Office will not send any acknowledgement until they have made their decision.

I have emailed Office of RReceiverGeneral of Canada whom the bankdraft was made payable to but they replied that they have no connection with the processing in that office and will not take any further action on my email request.

Please, can someone help me on any contact details of that office. I have toured their web page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp) but there is no useful contact information except for those within Canada and I tried that phone no (1 888 242‑2100 (for pple in Canada only)) but did not take call from outside Canada.

Please help!!!!!!
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Contact Canada Citizenship And Immigration Office? by Medlabgirl: 11:54am On May 15, 2010
Akin, why don't you call the Canadian High Commission in the UK, and ask for a local number for the CIC? If that fails, please respond, and I will try to call the 1800 number and see if I can get a local number for you. Try not to worry too much sha, a draft addressed to the Receiver General will not be easily negotiated by anyone, and mail theft is really not overly predominant in Canada. All the best.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Contact Canada Citizenship And Immigration Office? by AkinUK: 10:28pm On May 15, 2010
Medlabgirl:

Akin, why don't you call the Canadian High Commission in the UK, and ask for a local number for the CIC? If that fails, please respond, and I will try to call the 1800 number and see if I can get a local number for you. Try not to worry too much sha, a draft addressed to the Receiver General will not be easily negotiated by anyone, and mail theft is really not overly predominant in Canada. All the best.

Thank you for your kind reply. I have phoned Canada Embassy in UK but they said that they do not have access to CIC customer information and that they (CIC) may not give any acknowledgement of the post until they have finished their processing and I told them they ought to acknowledge whether they receive applicant post or not even if it does not involve money.

So, I have phoned Canada Embassy in UK but they said they could not help. They only directed me back to CIC web page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp) which does not contain any useful contact details.

Thanks.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Contact Canada Citizenship And Immigration Office? by dancewith: 8:49pm On May 16, 2010
Akin, UK:

Thank you for your kind reply. I have phoned Canada Embassy in UK but they said that they do not have access to CIC customer information and that they (CIC) may not give any acknowledgement of the post until they have finished their processing and I told them they ought to acknowledge whether they receive applicant post or not even if it does not involve money.

So, I have phoned Canada Embassy in UK but they said they could not help. They only directed me back to CIC web page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp) which does not contain any useful contact details.

Thanks.

The easiest place to start is your bank. If the Receiver General has cleared the draft you will be informed by the bank. If they have, then no need to worry. If they have not cashed the draft then you need to start finding out why

The draft cannot be converted. It is very unlikely someone can open an account in that name to cash the draft
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Contact Canada Citizenship And Immigration Office? by AkinUK: 11:04pm On May 16, 2010
dancewith:

The easiest place to start is your bank. If the Receiver General has cleared the draft you will be informed by the bank. If they have, then no need to worry. If they have not cashed the draft then you need to start finding out why

The draft cannot be converted. It is very unlikely someone can open an account in that name to cash the draft

Thank you very much for these technical and helpful advice, I will go to the bank to find out if the draft has been converted and cashed. I will respond to this tread again on any development.

Once again, thank you very much.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Contact Canada Citizenship And Immigration Office? by AkinUK: 11:09pm On May 16, 2010
My special thanks also go to @Medlabgirl for her advice.

I will try to find out from the bank  according to @dancewith advice and see if I will be able to get any useful info.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Contact Canada Citizenship And Immigration Office? by Medlabgirl: 5:14pm On May 17, 2010
Akin just to let you know that I have tried intermittently over the past couple of hours, and haven't gotten a live agent yet. The recording advises that Mondays and Tuesdays are their busiest days. Keep your fingers crossed.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Contact Canada Citizenship And Immigration Office? by Medlabgirl: 11:32pm On May 17, 2010
OK Akin some feedback for you. First, there is no local number to call, and also,

i) I am hoping you sent your application to the right address, which would be the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney Nova Scotia.

ii) Per the CIC agent I spoke with, it takes at least 10 weeks for your package to be even opened; Yep Canada is extremely popular!

iii) She also said that ALL applicants are advised to include an Email address because the receipt of your documents will absolutely be acknowledged by email if you do provide an address. She also advised that you check your junk mail folder if you did provide an address as it might get dumped there.

iv) Finally, all mail in Canada is trackable online if you make it so; so for everyone else, when you send anything to Canada, please take the time to register it or something, so that you can see for yourself when it has been received.

I hope this helps. I think you should wait out the 10 weeks (even 12, to provide wiggle room).

Akin, when next I'm in the UK, you and your wife are picking up the hotel bill and the Amala joint bills! grin grin
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Contact Canada Citizenship And Immigration Office? by AkinUK: 12:54am On May 18, 2010
Medlabgirl:

OK Akin some feedback for you.

i) I am hoping you sent your application to the right address, which would be the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney Nova Scotia.

ii) Per the CIC agent I spoke with, it takes at least 10 weeks for your package to be even opened; Yep Canada is extremely popular!

iii) She also said that ALL applicants are advised to include an Email address because the receipt of your documents will absolutely be acknowledged by email if you do provide an address. She also advised that you check your junk mail folder if you did provide an address as it might get dumped there.

iv) Finally, all mail in Canada is trackable online if you make it so; so for everyone else, when you send anything to Canada, please take the time to register it or something, so that you can see for yourself when it has been received.

I hope this helps. I think you should wait out the 10 weeks (even 12, to provide wiggle room).

Akin, when next I'm in the UK, you and your wife are picking up the hotel bill and the Amala joint bills! grin grin

Thank you very much for your efforts and the information therein. They are really "very very" helpful. I will wait for 12 or 14wks and see what will happen.  I included my email address and it was posted to the right address at Sydney Nova Scotia.

Meanwhile, it will be nice to see you in the UK!

Best wishes.

(1) (Reply)

South African Girl Caught With 1.5kg Of Cocaine In Her Dreadlocks In Thailand / Mexico Or Nigeria Pls Advice / Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.