Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat (795 Views)

Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! / FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers / Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by migareigns(m): 10:54pm On May 13, 2010
Electricity workers in the country have vowed to go ahead with the Monday planned strike nationwide to press home their demands except the Federal Government intervenes to save the nation from total blackout.
It was also gathered that the Federal Government’s delegation yesterday met with the officials of the National Union of Electricity Employees, NUEE,  in a bid to resolve the problems. Though details of the meeting between the two parties were not known as at the time of going to press. It was however, gathered that, the union leaders were not ready to shift their ground.
The union leaders told Vanguard that the strike would be total as “we are not dogs that only bark but do not bite, we will show to the world that we can bark and bite.”
According to the union, none of the 15 private companies licensed by the Federal Government to generate power has added one mega watt to the power generation in the country.
The union also accused those who were given licences to generate power independently of only showing interest in buying the old power stations owned by the Federal Government instead of building new ones.

http://gistboard.com/content/electricity-workers-insist-strike-monday
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by migareigns(m): 10:56pm On May 13, 2010
Typo error. Meant to be Monday. embarassed
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by gidson12(m): 11:20am On May 14, 2010
pls let them carry on with the strike, if that would do, abeg the critical power failure is becoming a major flaw on this nation
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by desgiezd(m): 11:25am On May 14, 2010
Presently, all I get in my area is three hours electricity supply in a day and that comes anytime between 12.30 and 4am. They can go on an indefinite strike for all I care as I dont even know they are existing.
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by MeAboki(m): 12:09pm On May 14, 2010
They have already declared total black out for weeks in my area, so what the hell let them go as if someone will miss them. smiley
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 14, 2010
yea? wot else is new? *rooooolz eyez*
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by Cupidkc(m): 12:29pm On May 14, 2010
Theres no power in my area 4 sm tym nw, d cn go on STRIKE. I wl jst buy petrol 4 my gen as usual.
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by chiozor: 12:31pm On May 14, 2010
as if they were working before
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by naso2(m): 12:39pm On May 14, 2010
start strike on monday or call off strike? when did they call off the present one?

I bet many parts of the country will not even know the difference.

But on a serious note Jonathan need to warn those guys, this na national sabotage na.
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by otokx(m): 12:58pm On May 14, 2010
This must be some joke; its now 1 hour in 2 days in my area
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 14, 2010
As if I cares cheesy.

They might as well declare a permanent cessation of service and let start the process of resolving the problem of electricity generation from the scratch. tongue
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by deor03(m): 3:54pm On May 14, 2010
Govt should just seize the opportunity to sack them ALL. Let start from the scratch in the power sector
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by RichDad1(m): 5:59pm On May 14, 2010
it seems you people are getting it wrong.They(workers) are also against the low power supply and power outage hence the strike.READ IT OVER PEOPLE.btw its not PHCN its the NUEE.
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by Mynd44: 6:37pm On May 14, 2010
Rich Dad:

it seems you people are getting it wrong.They(workers) are also against the low power supply and power outage hence the strike.READ IT OVER PEOPLE.btw its not PHCN its the NUEE.

whatever or whoever strikes i have lost hope in stable power supply
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by Mynd44: 6:38pm On May 14, 2010
Rich Dad:

Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by Mynd44: 6:38pm On May 14, 2010
Rich Dad:

Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On May 14, 2010
No Light in some areas for weeks? Some people getting on about 3 hours a day? Yet we have people here who boast of 24 hours every other day. hhmmm . . . . People need to revolt and force the FG to even out supply so everyone gets the same ration, no matter where you live.
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by BlakkBoi(m): 7:12pm On May 14, 2010
Oh, so they've been working since?. Ha!
Re: Phcn Workers To Start Strike On Mondat by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 14, 2010

(1) (Reply)

This Is A Copy Of Okiro Report On The Halliburton Bribery Scandal / Ghana Kicks Glo Out ! <<Misleading Title>> / Electricity - Facebook Brings U.s-based Nigerian’s Ideas To Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.