Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni (8187 Views)

Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) / Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land / Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by Tohzara(m): 9:41am On Apr 15, 2018

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 15, 2018
Our brothers from the other side won't like what Ooni said! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by Lucas10(m): 9:42am On Apr 15, 2018
Long live the King

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by Ikwokrikwo: 9:43am On Apr 15, 2018
Mztarstrechy:
The people of Iwo trooped out to the street to stage a solidarity rally in support of Oluwo, Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale Akanbi as the Emir of Yorubaland and Sheikh Yahkub Abdul Baaqi Muhammad, the first Wazeer of Yorubas.The rally was organised by Jama’at Ta’awunil Muslimen with the supports of all Muslims that made up 90% of the city's population. It took place immediately after the Jumat service with placards showing Iwo people are solidly behind their Emir.

Recently, Nigeria was engulfed with different speculations and false alarm that Oluwo was trying to cede his territory the way Ilorin was ceded to the North, which was debunked in the interview granted by the King himself and the statement released by his press secretary, Ali Ibroheem.

While speaking to the people, the Ta’awun National President, Sheikh Daood Imran Molaasan said,

“The rally is to prove to the world that every step taken by the Oluwo has the backing of his people in the town. Iwo is rich in Islamic history and not only in Yorubaland alone but in Nigeria as well, the history tells; and Islam has been making a great contribution to Iwo development.

“It has helped in producing doctors in various fields, assist in establishing different Islamic foundations providing work for the people, water for different homes and promoting memorisation of Al-quran among the children and adults which in the next five years Iwo will add to its crown as the city of those who have memorised the whole Al-Quran. So what makes Iwo special among its brother’s town are numerous and also lucky to have a king who has passion for what his people want. So why won’t’ we support him?”

Oluwo thanked his people and reiterated his support for Islamic development.

“If we stand with Allah, we will surely be triumphed. In Iwo, Islam has been launched and there is nothing anyone can do about that. Call me Oba, Emir even Egwe, they are all my names. It unites us and brings us together as one Nigeria. I was coming from somewhere, very close to Iwo and the Hausa people there were just shouting Emir! Emir!I was amazed but it makes me happy. They see me as one of them. If Yoruba call me Oba and the Muslims call me their Emir, that alone promotes national unity and shows I belong to my people. So why won’t I thank my people for their support” Oluwo remarked.

He then prayed to Almighty Allah to make Iwo the Medina of Yorubas.

cc; Lalasticlala, mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/04/iwo-stands-still-for-oluwo-stages.html?m=1
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6973692_fbimg1523712446732_jpega7ce3854b88e1d207b6f425a08e88a87
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6973694_fbimg1523712441222_jpeg3a4208beff08aca63b89c7360e8ec6d0

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by Lucas10(m): 9:43am On Apr 15, 2018
Long live the King I can't see Owa Obokun there

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by Ikwokrikwo: 9:49am On Apr 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by callthefred: 9:52am On Apr 15, 2018
Tohzara:
Your tribalism and stupidity will kill you very soon. No one lasts long with such toxin and hatred flowing in their blood.

Brutality!!!

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by Jojoki16: 9:55am On Apr 15, 2018
oyetunder:
Africans and needless arguments. The forefathers of Both Obas bowed down to a young lady called Queen Elizabeth. The one that proved hard was dealt with and his domain looted in such a way that the kingdom is still crying.

This is not arguments okay but enlightenment to put the record & History straight. Both Obas are well respected. Ile Ife remains the cradle of Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 15, 2018
Jones4190:
Goodluck Jonathan said he spent N10 billion on the 2ND Niger-bridge, but what was found at the project site as at January, 2015 was just the architectural design of the proposed bridge. It means that, Goodluck Jonathan spent N10 billion to build the 2ND Niger-bridge on paper.

Two of the attached pictures show Goodluck Jonathan inspecting the second Niger-bridge on paper. While the other three attached pictures show the ongoing work on the 2ND Niger-bridge under the administration of President Mohammadu Buhari.

It is important to also note that Goodluck Jonathan awarded the 2ND Niger-bridge project to Julius Berger at the cost of N138 billion.

President Buhari redesigned the 2ND Niger-bridge to be a state-of-the-art bridge with railway line and reduced the cost of construction from N138 billion to N108 billion. Thereby, PMB saved N30 billion for Nigeria.

It is interesting to note that Julius Berger is now working round the clock on the project. That is to say, President Mohammadu Buhari is building the 2nd Niger-bridge not on papers but in reality.

I ask; who is the true brother and friend to the Igbos?

Between Goodluck Jonathan and Mohammed Buhari, who is the trustworthy leader? Who is the leader that has the interest of his nation at heart?
Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by oyetunder(m): 9:59am On Apr 15, 2018
Jojoki16:

This is not arguments okay but enlightenment to put the record & History straight. Both Obas are well respected. Ile Ife remains the cradle of Yorubas.
agreed. but when Benin people with their feminine italian brains refused to accept nko? In africa, all want to prove they are the first and superior historically...even when such histories are useless and lack developments plus advancement.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by princeade86(m): 10:06am On Apr 15, 2018
or madrid
Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by supereagle(m): 10:08am On Apr 15, 2018
SIRmanjar:
All I know is that alaffin Oyo and Oba of lagos is greater,wiser and more experienced than Oni of ife.

We are talking about the stool(throne) not the years they have been on the throne

Ife remains the cradle and the origin of Yorubas.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 15, 2018
SIRmanjar:
All I know is that alaffin Oyo and Oba of lagos is greater,wiser and more experienced than Oni of ife.
Wee you keep kwayet!! They are calling names of kings and ur calling that toutish lagoon king. My friend behave o!!

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 15, 2018
balosunky:
Do you know Obi of Onitsha was formerly Oba of Onitsha due to conquest by oba of Benin. But yet Alaafin is greater cause his was as far as Togo and Ooni is the spiritual father of all
Better oil dey your head grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by zlantanfan: 10:17am On Apr 15, 2018
thatigboman:
Oba of Benin is greater
the oba of Benin addressed this same issue himself on his coronation day (the current oba) in the presence of oni, obi,sultan, and emir of sokoto he confirmed that Benin are descendants from oduduwa. Go and watch the clip

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by nograv: 10:41am On Apr 15, 2018
Armstrong34:
Tell that to the Alaafin of Oyo and watch him masculate your face with a 6 aside tribal markcheesy
bros Oyo was lost a long time ago..

First to the Dahomey Amazons, then it fell under Hausa influence..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by TAO11(f): 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
Of course Ooni of Ife is greater.
Where did Igodomigodo (known today as Benin) learn their monarchical system - which has survived till present time - from?
Ife obviously.
Anyone who diagrees should go argue with history and not with me.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
Lesson we learn from being an everyday Nigerian... Militancy and small raw madness is the way to drive home ur point and get ppus attention.... Just get small kwaze like naija delta militants or BH or Egbegu and govt go invite u for dinner.. Dis oba drop small craze wt emirate flirting.. See as Dem call am to meeting shapaly.. I give up

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by ssuccess(m): 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2018
SIRmanjar:

Oni is not worthy to be a cup bearer in the oba of bini palace.

Wetin Oni sabi na to lust after beauty kweens and to utilize any little opportunity given to him to travel.
If you run m*d they'll say Jazz is evil

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by SIRmanjar(m): 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2018
ssuccess:

If you run m*d they'll say Jazz is evil

Shhurrup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by Tundeobama(m): 2:40pm On Apr 15, 2018
Go and watch all the videos online when ever the president is meeting with kings only two kings sit close to him ooni of ife and sultan of sokoto other kings are less than this on the on acknowledgement.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by gregyboy(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2018
nograv:
bros Oyo was lost a long time ago..

First to the Dahomey Amazons, then it fell under Hausa influence..

So so correct my friend oyo empire was a shame to loss to female warriors of dahomey kingdom i guess thats why yoruba men prefer to fight ladies on bed with deadly sex ramps than fight them combatly on land grin grin

To be on a fair side is oyo empire worldy to be called an empire when people who made the empire was his fellow brothers from other state no external tribe and the empire was later sacked
By both dahomey female warriors and fulani jihadist...they wont ageee the benin gave them king lets hide thier shameful empire with solid history but would claim they came from saudi lands of the white...

Chief Ologbrese 1897...i will prefer die fighting for my for my fathers land than stay alive begging the white men in my fathers land...(benin second in command army officer)

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2018
qualityGod:
Ooni and oba of Benin which is greater ?

Just asking ...
Don't know but d first Oba that brought the title "Oba" to Benin is from Ife too.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by gregyboy(m): 3:15pm On Apr 15, 2018
TAO11:
Of course Ooni of Ife is greater.
Where did Igodomigodo (known today as Benin) learn their monarchical system - which has survived till present time - from?
Ife obviously.
Anyone who diagrees should go argue with history and not with me.

Tribalist....
Ogodomigo was also change to edo during ewuare period
Benin monarchy system is purely on hereditary first son takes the throne just like practise in britain and denmark and many other kingdom
The yoruba system is suicidal kingdomship.it was more of an elective positiob by the gods and after the reign of a king both his son and the king with his wife are killed and buried...
So i don't see how the yorubas influenced benin empire at all but benin did to them ...benin spread a lot of our culture to the west under his conquest places like ogun ,ondo,eko,osun etc we took our worship our food and our kingship there
Same as kogi state where you hear “idah” meaning idia ni ye esigie(festack mask)
An empire is not only influenced by its self but also by others the Portuguese did most of the influence in benins same as we did to them, same as igala(ekasa dance),yorubas(ile ibinu) ijaw itsekiri etc so if yorubas feel hyped they influenced benin in a way should go back to benin history and see as benin influenced people and also got influenced by people

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by LordNapoleon: 8:06pm On Apr 15, 2018
Jones4190:
Goodluck Jonathan said he spent N10 billion on the 2ND Niger-bridge, but what was found at the project site as at January, 2015 was just the architectural design of the proposed bridge. It means that, Goodluck Jonathan spent N10 billion to build the 2ND Niger-bridge on paper.

Two of the attached pictures show Goodluck Jonathan inspecting the second Niger-bridge on paper. While the other three attached pictures show the ongoing work on the 2ND Niger-bridge under the administration of President Mohammadu Buhari.

It is important to also note that Goodluck Jonathan awarded the 2ND Niger-bridge project to Julius Berger at the cost of N138 billion.

President Buhari redesigned the 2ND Niger-bridge to be a state-of-the-art bridge with railway line and reduced the cost of construction from N138 billion to N108 billion. Thereby, PMB saved N30 billion for Nigeria.

It is interesting to note that Julius Berger is now working round the clock on the project. That is to say, President Mohammadu Buhari is building the 2nd Niger-bridge not on papers but in reality.

I ask; who is the true brother and friend to the Igbos?

Between Goodluck Jonathan and Mohammed Buhari, who is the trustworthy leader? Who is the leader that has the interest of his nation at heart?
Ferma la bouche, Jones. In case you don't know, Buhari has generational hatred for the Igbos
Re: Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni by PreyeIjo: 11:47am On Apr 16, 2018
gregyboy:

Tribalist....
Ogodomigo was also change to edo during ewuare period
Benin monarchy system is purely on hereditary first son takes the throne just like practise in britain and denmark and many other kingdom
The yoruba system is suicidal kingdomship after it was more of elective by the gods and after the reign of a king both his son and him with his wife are killed and buried...
So i dontsee how the yorubas influenced benin empire at all but benin did to them ...benin spread a lot of our culture to the west under his conquest places like ogun ,ondo,eko,osun etc we took our worship our food and our kingship there
Same as kogi state where you hear “idah” meaning idia ni ye esigie(festack mask)
An empire is not only influenced by its self but also by others the Portuguese did most of the influence in benins same as we did to them, same as igala(ekasa dance),yorubas(ile ibinu) ijaw itsekiri etc so if yorubas feel hyped they influenced benin in a way should go back benin history and see as benin influenced people and also got influenced by people

Perfect answer for moronss

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Yoruba Name For A Girl / Single Ladies Discriminated Against By Hotels In Nigeria / 6. Odu Owonrin Meji- Neccessity Is The Mother Of Invention.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.