Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,234 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG (21914 Views)

Sani Mohammed: FG Lying About Boko Haram, Terrorists Controlling Territories / Looters’ List: Court Throws Out Contempt Suit Against Lai Mohammed / You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by Mrakeli: 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2018
A Rivers state High Court on Friday granted the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Prince Uche Secondus leave to issue a writ of summons to Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed and the federal Government.

River state Chief Judge, Justice A. I . Iyayi- Lamikanra, who presided, also granted that the defendants be served by substituted means all the originating processes together with accompanying processes in Thisday newspaper.

The case was adjourned to Monday April 23, 2018.
The Minister had mentioned Secondus in the list of those he claimed looted the nation’s treasury, alleging that he collected N200m from the former National Security Adviser, NSA.
Secondus in the suit no/PHC/1013/2018 is claiming that Lai Mohammad’s publication is defammatory and is asking the court to direct him to retract the said publication and apologize in writing.
Secondus is also asking the court for a perpetual injunction restraining the defendant from further publishing defammatory materials against him.

Joined in the suit are the federal Government of Nigeria, through the Attorney General of the federation.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/04/looters-list-court-grants-secondus.html

1 Like

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by IdeyFindWife: 8:47pm On Apr 13, 2018
Lai who's Photoshop abilities pass oyinbo man own. He will edit his way out of any case with his ever articulate fabrications.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by iamagod1(m): 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
This guy is taking this thing serious

I hope he doesn't have any skeleton in his closet or else he is exposing himself more for this "kwaraption fighters" to dish it out

5 Likes

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by Paperwhite(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
It was irresponsible of Lai & the APC to blacklist people as "looters" (meanwhile shielding the chronically corrupt fellas on their own divide) while they're still undergoing trial.It's a subjudice of court process.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by abouzaid: 9:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
Paperwhite:
It was irresponsible of Lai & the APC to blacklist people as "looters" (meanwhile shielding the chronically corrupt fella on their own divide) while they're still undergoing trial.It's a subjudice of court process.
under the APC, simple court processes are not respected by the government.

78 Likes

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by Ratello: 9:34pm On Apr 13, 2018
Lai will pay for this

5 Likes

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by J4justice: 9:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
iamagod1:
This guy is taking this thing serious

I hope he doesn't have any skeleton in his closet or else he is exposing himself more for this "kwaraption fighters" to dish it out
I refused to buy into your postulation. Not conceding to the fact that he might have a skeleton in his closet,he is presumed innocent until adjudged guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction. Having published his name on the newspaper among the treasury looters by Lai Muhammed and without any iota of evidence or justification, amounts to tort of defamation (libel) which is actionable per se.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by iamagod1(m): 10:20pm On Apr 13, 2018
J4justice:

I refused to buy into your postulation. Not conceding to the fact that he might have a skeleton in his closet,he is presumed innocent until adjudged guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction. Having published his name on the newspaper among the treasury looters by Lai Muhammed and without any iota of evidence or justification, amounts to tort of defamation (libel) which is actionable per se.

I understand that well enough but he wasn't the only one and if he is to be found guilty he stands to loose more meanwhile others that were in the list of looters are not cowards they are probably waiting for the right time to act...

I strongly do not believe that in his current position that he has a clean slate...

Let him not act extempore

6 Likes

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by KenOne: 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ratello:
Lai will pay for this

The moment i saw Rivers state high court i knew Uche Secondus is guilty of Lai looters list and wants people to think he's innocent by going to court for libel. The appropriate court for him to go is Federal high court, have you seen where EFCC charged a crime suspect to a state high court instead of a federal high court. It's like taking electoral matter to a state high court. Federal government accused you of looting and have charged you to a federal high court in Abuja some time in 2016. Why didn't PDP approach a state high court in PH during their Sheriff tussle but went to a PH federal high court

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by Kalapizim(m): 11:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
lai son score own goal grin

4 Likes

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by nnachukz(m): 1:15am On Apr 14, 2018
Lai knows what he intends to achieve.
It is a complicated situation,
1. If you act by going to court, you get distracted from focusing on your strategy in the forthcoming election. As the case can linger on for a long time.
2. You ignore him, then he goes about to make himself a judge in his own case by telling people you are guilty that is why you didn't go to court to challenge him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by freeze001(f): 2:17am On Apr 14, 2018
Tone down the ignorance please! U clearly know nothin about jurisdiction of courts especially state and federal high courts that's why u have made this post. This is why y'all wail n yell when cases get thrown out of court simply because parties especially d govt refuses to follow laid-down directives and ensure diligent prosecution.

State high courts are courts of unlimited jurisdiction save for those exclusively outlined by the Constitution for the Federal high court. The subject matter of a suit determines the jurisdiction of the court. The FHC has no jurisdiction to hear matters of defamation which Secondus has sued Lai for. It is a civil case. Uche Secondus is resident in Rivers state,that automatically vests jurisdiction in the state high court.

The nature of the EFCC's mandate is such that must go before the federal high court as it's mainly about financial crimes.
KenOne:

The moment i saw Rivers state high court i knew Uche Secondus is guilty of Lai looters list and wants people to think he's innocent by going to court for libel. The appropriate court for him to go is Federal high court, have you seen where EFCC charged a crime suspect to a state high court instead of a federal high court. It's like taking electoral matter to a state high court. Federal government accused you of looting and have charged you to a federal high court in Abuja some time in 2016. Why didn't PDP approach a state high court in PH during their Sheriff tussle but went to a PH federal high court

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by KenOne: 6:27am On Apr 14, 2018
freeze001:
Tone down the ignorance please! U clearly know nothin about jurisdiction of courts especially state and federal high courts that's why u have made this post. This is why y'all wail n yell when cases get thrown out of court simply because parties especially d govt refuses to follow laid-down directives and ensure diligent prosecution.

State high courts are courts of unlimited jurisdiction save for those exclusively outlined by the Constitution for the Federal high court. The subject matter of a suit determines the jurisdiction of the court. The FHC has no jurisdiction to hear matters of defamation which Secondus has sued Lai for. It is a civil case. Uche Secondus is resident in Rivers state,that automatically vests jurisdiction in the state high court.

The nature of the EFCC's mandate is such that must go before the federal high court as it's mainly about financial crimes.

Where was Livingstone Wichie of integrity group sued by Amaechi for libel and defamation of character and where was Patience Jonathan sued FG libel and harassment since it's a civil matter and Federal high court lacks jurisdiction as you stated. Uche Secondus went to Rivers high court controlled by Wike and PDP to seek cheap judgement let's see if any judgement from there will amount to any thing. You want to sue federal government to a state court, it's tussle for leadership not a civil matter why didn't PDP go to Rivers high court then but rather approached Federal high court Port Harcourt. Though I am not a lawyer but I don't need a legal knowledge to know that Secondus went to the wrong court just to seek cheap judgement and redeem his battered image. State high court admits defamation no doubt but Secondus ought to have approached FHC since he's sueing Minister of the federal government. I can as well sue someone that resides in PH in Biu Borno state where I know a judge for a civil matter since the court in Biu Borno has jurisdiction also. Let Secondus approach an Abuja FHC or FHC PH then we can take him serious, FG might not respond to Rivers high court.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by Omeokachie: 7:44am On Apr 14, 2018
I heard that Lai have started putting his family and ancestral lands for sale in readiness to pay fines and damages.

6 Likes

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by musa234(m): 7:58am On Apr 14, 2018
Apc politicians and apologist don't obey court orders. This is dead on arrival

3 Likes

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by Jones4190(m): 8:05am On Apr 14, 2018
China is currently the world's leading economic power, in China there is Zero Church!

Finland has the most stable economy in the world today. There are less than twenty churches in Finland!

Switzerland has the second most stable economy in the world. Switzerland has fewer than thirty churches!

Denmark is the third most stable economy in the world, there are about 23 churches in Denmark.

These countries are considered to have the highest number of atheists, but they are blessed!

Come to Nigeria, there are more than 50,000 churches.
+25 000 churches in Lagos.
+2 500 churches in Oyo

In Africa, we have more churches than schools and hospitals combined!
More pastors than doctors.
Everyone is born again!o
Everyone is covered with the blood of Jesus!
Jesus even became the husband of all single women (according to them) in revival churches!
Everyone is filled with the Holy Spirit!
However, none of these claims reflect the moral elevation that is hoped for in a society.

We are among the laziest, the most deceiving, the most corrupt, the most hypocritical, the most hateful on the planet today, with all our Jesus and the Holy Spirit!

Our people need to distinguish between religion and stupidity or between spirituality and tradition!.

Wake up!!!

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 14, 2018
grin
Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by MrMoney007: 8:11am On Apr 14, 2018
in the course of summoning, they will merge forces and suck the country dry. funny people, for the idiots that thinks politicians fight dirty, they only make their fights look dirty to the gullible

1 Like

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 14, 2018
Akelicious copy and paste na crime o. Repent
Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:27am On Apr 14, 2018
KenOne:

Where was Livingstone Wichie of integrity group sued by Amaechi for libel and defamation of character and where was Patience Jonathan sued FG libel and harassment since it's a civil matter and Federal high court lacks jurisdiction as you stated. Uche Secondus went to Rivers high court controlled by Wike and PDP to seek cheap judgement let's see if any judgement from there will amount to any thing. You want to sue federal government to a state court, it's tussle for leadership not a civil matter why didn't PDP go to Rivers high court then but rather approached Federal high court Port Harcourt. Though I am not a lawyer but I don't need a legal knowledge to know that Secondus went to the wrong court just to seek cheap judgement and redeem his battered image. State high court admits defamation no doubt but Secondus ought to have approached FHC since he's sueing Minister of the federal government. I can as well sue someone that resides in PH in Biu Borno state where I know a judge for a civil matter since the court in Biu Borno has jurisdiction also. Let Secondus approach an Abuja FHC or FHC PH then we can take him serious, FG might not respond to Rivers high court.
You are not a lawyer and ure argueing with a lawyer just to defend ur pay masters,ignorant in display only happens in Nigeria

26 Likes

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:28am On Apr 14, 2018
Ok. Let's wait and see how it will unfold.

1 Like

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by obi58: 8:34am On Apr 14, 2018
KenOne:

This is the height of ignorance.

If Lai and his cronies have the same warped mentality as yours.. then they should send legal representation to challenge the validity of the jurisdiction of the court. It's that simple.

Let's stop all this beer parlour display of ignorant partisanship.

15 Likes

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by obaataaokpaewu: 8:39am On Apr 14, 2018
I wonder all of a sudden, Obanikoro's name disappeared from the list after all the billion billion he was accused of using to right election in ekiti

4 Likes

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by patchsk(f): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2018
KenOne:

You're just too ignorant of the law!

21 Likes

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by Jwonder(m): 8:49am On Apr 14, 2018
KenOne:

You and the people that liked your comment are mad.. ignorant mofos

20 Likes

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by bekpo(m): 8:57am On Apr 14, 2018
freeze001:

The question are: who r d parties in d alledge suit? In what capacity did Muhammed made d list? These will determine which of the courts have jurisdiction. If a suit is instituted by an individual against d federal govt or any of its agencies,me think and it's so, that d federal high crt is cloth with the requisit jurisdiction to hear it.

1 Like

Re: Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG by J4justice: 8:58am On Apr 14, 2018
iamagod1:

I understand that well enough but he wasn't the only one and if he is to be found guilty he stands to loose more meanwhile others that were in the list of looters are not cowards they are probably waiting for the right time to act...

I strongly do not believe that in his current position that he has a clean slate...

Let him not act extempore

Those whose names are on the list but kept mute are cowards. The right time to act is now as delay defeats equity.

Do you think any court of competent jusridiction can convict him in this case, owing to the fact that he had already been adjudged guilty, convicted and sentenced by media trial and court of public opinion and without fair hearing...?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shekau Must Be Captured Dead Or Alive Within 40 Days - Buratai / Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me / INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Bayelsa, Kogi & Imo Guber Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.