Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,731 members, 7,827,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

I Never Thought Ibori Would Run Away To Dubai , Says Farida Waziri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Thought Ibori Would Run Away To Dubai , Says Farida Waziri (604 Views)

Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action / Ribadu - Farida Waziri Is A Cheap Liar Who Seeks Undue Relevance / EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Thought Ibori Would Run Away To Dubai , Says Farida Waziri by migareigns(m): 1:55am On May 14, 2010
‘’Yes, we have good news.  I was just talking to Nigerian Ambassador to Dubai , Ambassador Yuguda. It has been confirmed that Ibori was arrested by the Interpol. We have been exchanging interaction with the Interpol and the Metroplitan  police since we declared him wanted. International warrant of arrest was also issued. Yesterday, he was arrested and he is undergoing interrogation with them there in Dubai . The man in charge of his case in the UK has dispatched detectives to Dubai to start the process. We are consulting here also.  You heard me say I will discuss with the NSA the next line of action,  whether our officers would go to Dubai or whether the MET. police would want to take him to start trial there. We also have our cases against him here pending. That is the good news.

On why did EFCC did not declare Ibori wanted much earlier, she said ‘this was a man, before I came, he had this case pending, he was arrested and detained in Kaduna prison for two months. He was going to court in Kaduna . He filed a motion that the case be transferred to Asaba. They argued the issue of jurisdiction; that as a Delta state governor for eight years, the jurisdiction should be in Delta state.

He won and the case was transferred to Delta State . He was going to court, so there was no need to declare him wanted. But based on fresh petition and more evidence that we got through the Metropolitan police and the petitions and also the Central Bank of Nigeria , CBN, we decided to do another investigation. It never crossed my mind that somebody who is already standing trial and who had been to prison, could jump bail. He was a former governor; he filed the motion moving the case to Delta state as he wanted. He went there and the case was quashed, we appealed. I never thought the man would run away. ‘’

http://gistboard.com/content/i-never-thought-ibori-would-run-away-dubai-says-farida-waziri
Re: I Never Thought Ibori Would Run Away To Dubai , Says Farida Waziri by CyberG: 3:01am On May 14, 2010
LOL. . .Naija!! Well, I never thought a criminal will evade the law and run away if I not only open the prison doors but give him tip-offs to escape. grin grin
Re: I Never Thought Ibori Would Run Away To Dubai , Says Farida Waziri by OAM4J: 6:21am On May 14, 2010
is this woman living in Nigeria? how couldn't she have thought Ibori will jump bail?

Was she not aware that it was Aondoka /yaradead that were his cover?

And since his cover has been removed, he will most likely jump bail.

Also the man jumped bail in UK, so he has a record of jumping bail.
Re: I Never Thought Ibori Would Run Away To Dubai , Says Farida Waziri by nethacker(m): 6:44am On May 14, 2010
d guy go hear am grin grin
Re: I Never Thought Ibori Would Run Away To Dubai , Says Farida Waziri by okeymadu(m): 7:14am On May 14, 2010
This Farida sef.
It just like saying that someone with a history of malaria wont have malaria again,
He jumped bail in the UK and you dont expect him to do the same in Naija?
They should just allow the MET Poloice to take him first and finish with him the we can take what is left of him and deal with that.
Good
Re: I Never Thought Ibori Would Run Away To Dubai , Says Farida Waziri by shinaidowu: 5:27pm On May 14, 2010
Jumping bail then and jumping bail now are two different things. Then he was a hussler and a nobody with nothing to lose but now hmmm the Don that has Aso rock in his pocket with a whole of cash to throw around. But how can he be so so daft to wanna turn a fugitive by trying to jump bail.
Re: I Never Thought Ibori Would Run Away To Dubai , Says Farida Waziri by ochukoccna: 6:06pm On May 14, 2010
Whether he jumped bail in UK/9ja or not is no longer the issue but that he could be so daft in running away to Dubai, an international city.
I believe he will likely be extradited to UK to go face charges there first.
Chei, only be say UK prison no get mosquitoes. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Akingbola, you are next! angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Kidnappers On Rampage Again In Benin City / Question Time / Dawn Inferno Guts The Sun, Hundreds Of Millions Lost !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.