Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,861 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram (42488 Views)

Akin Alabi Rejects Coat Of Arms Made By An Artist That 'Looks Like Winch' / Soldiers And Boko Haram In Fierce Gun Battle Over Attack On Borno IDP Camp / Borno Residents Flee As Soldiers And Boko Haram Engage In Gun Battle. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by asawanathegreat(m): 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2018
May God deliver our leaders for blaming inaction on past leaders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by 7lives: 4:55pm On Apr 14, 2018
saaron:
The question I ask is, Was FFK referring to Boko haram at that time or fulani herdsmen? You BMC crew are trying to use FFK's article on Libyan conflict and boko haram connection to suit your narrative with the killings currently going on in Nigeria.
What is intellectually more lazy than blaming foreigners for your problems? Is it no longer Anti Open grazing law?

Rada rada there is NOTHING like Killer Fulani herdsmen, what we have are CRIMINALS masquerading as herdsmen.
The killings in Offa is NOW being called terrorist attack, but they came in like armed robbers.
ONLY the truth shall set us free, bunch of THIEVING LIARS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2018
Infact by blaming gadaffi,buhari has indicted himself the minister of interior,IGP,DSS for incompetence. Buti f course personal responsibility is not his forte.the old fart is the king of blame

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by progress69: 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2018
chronique:

Sometimes, I wonder if you people are actually daft or just plain stupid. Are you this dull and dumb not to know the difference between the two statements? FFK was correct cos the problem with Libya was covert arming of rebels by the US to fight against Gaddafi and the moment he was killed,all the different militia factions that had been outlawed by Gaddafi when he was alive,started fighting for the control of various territories in Libya.

The statement by Buhari, is that it is the militias that Gaddafi trained and that left Libya after the fall of Gaddafi, that are perpetuating havoc. This is absolute nonsense. Libya had a standing military under Gaddafi and there was nothing like militia groups fighting, under his reign.

Those two quotes you put up there,are totally different in meaning.

Really....did u read with the butt hole or the back of your head....this is FFK.

his Taureg friends and allies in north Africa would not have been inspired and driven to take over northern Mali and create a Taliban-style Islamic fundamentalist state there and northern Nigeria would not have been flooded with jihadist foot-soldiers and all manner of sophisticated arms and bombing devices for usage by Boko Haram

You are another elephant white project....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by Ejegbleje(m): 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2018
Buhari Media Cow spotted!

2 Likes

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by Youth4truth: 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2018
What is really happening in this country? Why can't we say the truth?
Same Buhari/FG said we should accommodate our country men, There didn't proscribe them,El rufai even paid them.
Youths say the truth.
Leave this politicians just say the truth

While FFK was giving reasons why Obama should not be trusted before the 2012 presidential elections in the united states, here are some of the reasons he gave.

Full article: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/105759-can-obama-be-trusted-by-femi-fani-kayode.html

Here's what Mr President told Archbishop Justin Welby:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1798263330468801&id=1452287068399764

This article is coming on the backlash, twist and misrepresentations to Mr President's speech in London.

Unfortunately, I can not but agree with Femi Adesina on the fact that, there is a lot of intellectual laziness going on in the Federal Republic of Social Media and unfortunately, people who one will think are intellectually sound or at least averagely sound now buy into pettiness going on the social media are actually falling into the trap. I am referring to serving senators, a sitting governor,a former minister who had once made the same assertion. It is really unfortunate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by deomelllo: 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2018
I see Igbos suffering and painfully labouring to defend their worthless, hypocritical and shitty mouth FFK the clown who just got exposed as usual.

Poor village Igbos... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by Nelat: 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2018
progress69:
This one below me intellectual laziness is worse and irredeemable. Money spent on his education was just an Elephant white project.
99.9% of the citizens of federal republic of social media who insult the president and call him all manner of names are actually incredibly dull. Just give a try, and engage one in a sound argument and watch him turn abusive, mumbling incoherent words, juxtaposing o e or 2 jargons he read on the social media or in a beer palor together, then making no sense. Just try engaging one today on this thread.... cheesy
There are many like that here on NL. You’ll be almost speechless to realise some of them passed through higher institutions. This country cannot develop overnight until we have plethora of intellectually vibrant youths who can challenge the status quo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by macaranta(m): 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2018
When Libyan Isis was experiencing heavy bombardment from US and her allies, BokoHaram openly pledged allegiance to ISIL thus receiving logistics and weapon support from them.Isil was also being pushed at the time out of Libyan territories and were forced to moved to nations with more porous borders like Nigeria, Niger and Mali this part explains what ffk was saying.There was a time Nigerian Army personnel were being attacked with AA guns and other sophisticated weapons which prior wasn't available to BH.
Now even though there's been a lot of proliferation of light arms around The middle east, North Africa and west Africa it will be incorrect to blame Gaddafi Era uprising for the mayhem currently being caused by fulani herds men. This is because the fulani herds men has always been allowed by Nigerian security officials to go about herding with AKs(why they have allowed this is story for another day). Now due to global warming the herders are pushing inland more and clashing dangerously with farming communities.Since they haven't been openly condemned or proactively tackled by the government they now have the "we will kill and nothing will happen" mentality leading to increased cruelty in their actions.
However if the government is insisting on blaming foreigners for this fulani herdsmen issue, then they should also treat them as foreign aggressors/terrorists and not advocating for cattle colony as that will be putting communities under siege by foreign terrorists.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by chronique(m): 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2018
progress69:

Really....did u read with the butt hole or the back of your head....this is FFK.

his Taureg friends and allies in north Africa would not have been inspired and driven to take over northern Mali and create a Taliban-style Islamic fundamentalist state there and northern Nigeria would not have been flooded with jihadist foot-soldiers and all manner of sophisticated arms and bombing devices for usage by Boko Haram

You are another elephant white project....

You're the one who is a white elephant project. I know very much how the Libyan crisis started and I am making an undisputable claim that under Gaddafi, Libya had a standing national army and all forms of militias were outlawed. That is a fact! Fact no 2,is that after the death of Gaddafi, different militia factions were in control of different parts of Libya. These militias were not functional under Gaddafi,and cannot be said to be the gunmen trained by Gaddafi and are causing problem in Nigeria. Buhari made a blunder with that statement. What he should have said,was that some of the militias who fought in Libya after the death of Gaddafi, are the ones smuggling arms and fighting here. Militia groups that arose after the death of Gaddafi, can't be labelled as militia groups trained by Gaddafi. Use your brain and think. You're not a small child and I believe you know how prosperous and peaceful Libya was, when Gaddafi was alive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by teeytimi: 5:08pm On Apr 14, 2018
So op are u telling that Mr President really know what is talking about?because he was the one that asked for cattle colonies in all states so tell me he is fighting for foreign herdsmen and we should accomodate them. Nigerian otito kuro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 14, 2018
figment232:
Surprisingly its the same with the bloody Sai Barbarians When u ask them simple questions on why APC is so obsessed with GEJ u hear all sorts of jargons coming out from their smelly orifice.
obsessed with an incumbent they beat with over 2million votes?obsessed with an incumbent majority of Nigerians were already sick of?an incumbent the west already regarded with near contempt? Nawaa for u oh?

1 Like

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by Onlyonebuhari: 5:13pm On Apr 14, 2018
Am in a country our youths take the advice of a man who live in Hilton's top against the man who live in bongalow just because he wants to stop the former from renewing their oil blocks licences. Unfortunately, the president has no single filling station even the youths have no single litre of petrol at home. It's a pity that Obasanjo that has less than 50k in his account and also succeeded in turning operation feed the nation to his ota property can still speak in the public just because our youths lack common sense. Thanks to the president who has succeeded in making us proud outside Nigeria.
Nigeria no longer fantastically corrupt and not 100% dependent on imported foods!
Though most of these youths are graduate illiterates who can't help themselves with common pencil production.
Coming back to Nigeria only to vote for my Buhari!
I hope one the youths will be sane.
God bless my country......NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by progress69: 5:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
chronique:

You're the one who is a white elephant project. I know very much how the Libyan crisis started and I am making an undisputable claim that under Gaddafi, Libya had a standing national army and all forms of militias were outlawed. That is a fact! Fact no 2,is that after the death of Gaddafi, different militia factions were in control of different parts of Libya. These militias were not functional under Gaddafi,and cannot be said to be the gunmen trained by Gaddafi and are causing problem in Nigeria. Buhari made a blunder with that statement. What he should have said,was that some of the militias who fought in Libya after the death of Gaddafi, are the ones smuggling arms and fighting here. Militia groups that arose after the death of Gaddafi, can't be labelled as militia groups trained by Gaddafi. Use your brain and think. You're not a small child and I believe you know how prosperous and peaceful Libya was, when Gaddafi was alive.

Lol. You are one of the people i spoke about in my comment ....juxtaposing words and adding one or 2 things they know together wrongly to argue blindly like a beer palor gist. U keep deflecting from the reality and the truth on ground. First the title of thread says blamed Ghadaffi's death and not Ghadaffi himself. His death caused problems in North Africa which u yourself attest to. Many of the arms used by rebels and the also Ghadaffi's men are everywhere in North Africa. This thread is not about who killed Ghadaffi or if he was murdered in cold blood, the thread is about FFk admitting that there was influx if armed militias and also sophisticated arms after the death of Ghadaffi same position Mr President is asserting...

So what exactly is your argument?
Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:19pm On Apr 14, 2018
progress69:
This one below me intellectual laziness is worse and irredeemable. Money spent on his education was just an Elephant white project.
99.9% of the citizens of federal republic of social media who insult the president and call him all manner of names are actually incredibly dull. Just give a try, and engage one in a sound argument and watch him turn abusive, mumbling incoherent words, juxtaposing o e or 2 jargons he read on the social media or in a beer palor together, then making no sense. Just try engaging one today on this thread.... cheesy
Long ago stopped engaging with them.
Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by BadBradley: 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2018
progress69:

As advanced as the united states are in technology, with human radars,state of the art tracking equipments, are u telling me illegals dont gain entry tru one of the most guarded borders in the world?

Let me tell u what incompetence is, allowing a rag tag militant group become so powerful under 5 years of misrule to the extent they had Nigerian territories and established a caliphate on Nigerian soil....that is what incompetence is, omo Alhaji!

You still haven't explained how Buhari has failed on Boko haram and keep flipflopping on the Fulani herdsmen attacks.

If FFK made that statement in 2012 just a year after ghadafi was killed, he was accurate. For Buhari to make same statement in 2018 after 7 years is a laughable excuse for failure.

Niger republic which has direct borders with Libya does not have armed herdsmen on a killing spree.

Tell your President to deliver on just one electoral promise and stop looking for excuses.

It's been nearly 4 years now and we're still waiting.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2018
progress69:
Is there any difference in Presidents Buhari's assertion and what FFK said as far back as 2012 before the united states presidential election?

Here is an excerpts from the article;

While FFK was giving reasons why Obama should not be trusted before the 2012 presidential elections in the united states, here are some of the reasons he gave.

Full article: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/105759-can-obama-be-trusted-by-femi-fani-kayode.html

Here's what Mr President told Archbishop Justin Welby:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1798263330468801&id=1452287068399764

This article is coming on the backlash, twist and misrepresentations to Mr President's speech in London.

Unfortunately, I can not but agree with Femi Adesina on the fact that, there is a lot of intellectual laziness going on in the Federal Republic of Social Media and unfortunately, people who one will think are intellectually sound or at least averagely sound now buy into pettiness going on the social media are actually falling into the trap. I am referring to serving senators, a sitting governor,a former minister who had once made the same assertion. It is really unfortunate.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
well i really don't blame hired goons
they are just following their basic instinct of defending their source of employment
if femi adesina after writing wonderful articles can change to zombie then know anything can happen(s/o wyclef grin)
so progress(sorry digress69) ur principal has failed big time and dia is no idiagbon to save him
QED

1 Like

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2018
BadBradley:

You still haven't explained how Buhari has failed on Boko haram and keep flipflopping on the Fulani herdsmen attacks.

If FFK made that statement in 2012 just a year after ghadafi was killed, he was accurate. For Buhari to make same statement in 2018 is a laughable excuse for failure.

Niger republic which has direct borders with Libya does not have armed herdsmen on a killing spree.

Tell your President to deliver on just one electoral promise and stop looking for excuses.

funny thing is ffk made this statement at the height of the arab spring
thanks to the US afghanistan is now a shite country
smh

3 Likes

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by progress69: 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2018
BadBradley:

If FFK made that statement in 2012 just a year after ghadafi was killed, he was accurate. For Buhari to make same statement in 2018 is a laughable excuse for failure.

Niger which has direct borders with lybia does not have armed herdsmen on a killing spree.

Four years after, as it gotten worse in North Africa, and the Sahel region or gotten better? What exactly is the situation in Mali now? How are your citizens and other citenzens of west Africsa treated in Libya as we speak? Slave trade? Human trafficking, organ theft, prostitution, kidnap for ransome....??
U dont know what u talking about.
Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by dheilaw1(m): 5:32pm On Apr 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:
I advise all sane people to abandon this thread for the OP because he doesn't know what he is saying but just fighting for his daily bread ..Commenting further on this thread would be an insult to common sense and intelligence.
you are part of the people Femi Adesina accused of mental laziness. a reasonable person will know that there are no significant differences between what buhari and ffk said as per Gaddafi killing. you have only refused to be reasonable for reasons best known to you . ewure

1 Like

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by joey150(m): 5:32pm On Apr 14, 2018
graphicsgal3000:
get any kind of graphic design work done at ridiculously low rates

click here to chat with me now!

Ridiculously low rate?!

Now i am very skeptical. Because i know you always get what you pay for.

That's a terrible way to sell yourself.
Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by chronique(m): 5:33pm On Apr 14, 2018
progress69:

Lol. You are one of the people i spoke about in my comment ....juxtaposing words and adding one or 2 things they know together wrongly to argue blindly like a beer palor gist. U keep deflecting from the reality and the truth on ground. First the title of thread says blamed Ghadaffi's death and not Ghadaffi himself. His death caused problems in North Africa which u yourself attest to. Many of the arms used by rebels and the also Ghadaffi's men are everywhere in North Africa. This thread is not about who killed Ghadaffi or if he was murdered in cold blood, the thread is about FFk admitting that there was influx if armed militias and also sophisticated arms after the death of Ghadaffi same position Mr President is asserting...

So what exactly is your argument?

Your president said that "the armed gunmen were trained by Gaddafi". This is obviously wrong.
Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by engrjacuzzi: 5:34pm On Apr 14, 2018
From Ile-ife 2 Ibadan is N800 but Ibadan to Ile-Ife N1200....

I asked the conductor why?

He asked me... "why is Monday to Friday 5 days while Friday to Monday is 3 days?".
I kept quiet.
Up till now am still mute and searching seriously for the answer for him. Any one who can assist will be highly appreciated.
Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by graphicsgal3000(f): 5:35pm On Apr 14, 2018
thanks for the advice.
joey150:

Ridiculously low rate?!

Now i am very skeptical. Because i know you always get what you pay for.

That's a terrible way to sell yourself.
Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by DamilolaAbo: 5:36pm On Apr 14, 2018
You're indeed an ill breed of a cow
Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by BadBradley: 5:37pm On Apr 14, 2018
progress69:

Four years after, as it gotten worse in North Africa, and the Sahel region or gotten better? What exactly is the situation in Mali now? How are your citizens and other citenzens of west Africsa treated in Libya as we speak? Slave trade? Human trafficking, organ theft, prostitution, kidnap for ransome....??
so easy to spot a political paid hireling. When confronted with facts they become so evasive and throw in evasive subterfuges.

What's Mali's business or that of the sahel region?

We didn't witness an upsurge of these Fulanis during Jonathan's regime which witnessed the ghadafi's debacle.

Nigeria is having it worse than all of northern Africa and Mali put together. When will Buhari take charge and admit to incompetence?

2 Likes

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by Fruitofthevine: 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2018
Every great leader strives to make things work and happen,not casting blames.Truth remains,every great leader is remembered for the problems solved.That is positive.But Buhari,i just shake my head in disappointment and wonder how we got here in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by Angelparadise: 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2018
progress69:

So you still shamelessly and heartlessly have the gut to defend this blood thirsty government that all the innocent souls including children that was killed because of cow or ethnicity through the actions and inactions of Buhari government. Ask your colleagues how the souls of innocent victims are tormenting their brainwashed sycophant lives for not having human hearts and speak against the innocent lives been lost just because of the actions or inactions of Fulani President.

The only facts on record is 'it very easy to travel to Europe through sahara desert that to defend this Buhari government ,worst with self indict statements anytime he open his mouth .

1 Like

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by teeytimi: 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2018
Onlyonebuhari:
Am in a country our youths take the advice of a man who live in Hilton's top against the man who live in bongalow just because he wants to stop the former from renewing their oil blocks licences. Unfortunately, the president has no single filling station even the youths have no single litre of petrol at home. It's a pity that Obasanjo that has less than 50k in his account and also succeeded in turning operation feed the nation to his ota property can still speak in the public just because our youths lack common sense. Thanks to the president who has succeeded in making us proud outside Nigeria.
Nigeria no longer fantastically corrupt and not 100% dependent on imported foods!
Though most of these youths are graduate illiterates who can't help themselves with common pencil production.
Coming back to Nigeria only to vote for my Buhari!
I hope one the youths will be sane. Radarada oro
God bless my country......NIGERIA
Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by musicwriter(m): 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2018
progress69:

As advanced as the united states are in technology, with human radars,state of the art tracking equipments, are u telling me illegals dont gain entry tru one of the most guarded borders in the world?

Let me tell u what incompetence is, allowing a rag tag militant group become so powerful under 5 years of misrule to the extent they had Nigerian territories and established a caliphate on Nigerian soil....that is what incompetence is, omo Alhaji!

The worst intellectual laziness is using the worst the US has to offer as the standard for excellence in Nigeria. How about Nigeria setting the pace and teaching the US how to protect their borders?

The US has gone to the moon.
The US provides 24 hours electricity to her citizens.
The US has well paved road.
The US has piped water running in every home.
etc.

Since you like us imitating the US; why are we not doing all these other things because the US is doing them? Must we always compare ourselves with the worst?

The illegal immigrants crossing the US don't carry AK47's, running around in troops in pick up vans, kidnapping, killing US farmers, otherwise, it would have been declared a war situation with Mexico.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flash Back: When FFK Blamed Ghadaffi's Death For Influx Of Arms And Boko-haram by Mpanyi: 5:54pm On Apr 14, 2018
OP the analogy is wrong. Boko Haram fighters are being fought, killed and arrested. The same can not be said of Herdsmen who are obviously above the law. Mind you, govt has given about three different reasons for the herdsmen campaign of ethnic cleansing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau: "It's Better I Die & Go & Rest Than The Calamity Befalling Us" / Edo: Ganduje, Buni Meet Buhari / Grace Taiga Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.