Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

What Is Calculus Of Variations? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Calculus Of Variations? (420 Views)

Calculus: Power Rule | A General Approach / Question On CALCULUS Help Pls!! / Advanced Calculus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Calculus Of Variations? by Eugosc1(m): 3:06pm On Apr 14, 2018
Hello friends.. I need help from professional Mathematicians/Physicists.. I'm a final year Physics student writing my project on HAMILTON'S PRINCIPLE which is alternatively called the ACTION PRINCIPLE.. Problem is that proper understanding of this concept requires that one be grounded in and make proper use of techniques of the Calculus of Variations.. This course has not been taught in my School and we're expected to defend our projects on the first week of second semester which is almost around the corner.. Please I need some help on materials and sources that can explain the topic from scratch.. I've searched everywhere on the internet and have even watched some videos on YouTube but none of them has been of help so far.. Thank you.
Re: What Is Calculus Of Variations? by amadiwati(m): 8:46am On Apr 15, 2018
Who would give you variation of calculus for your BSC project. That's a though one.
That was part of my one of my lecturer's PhD thesis.
Anyway. I did a self taught on it using KH Dass, advanced Mathematics. It was helpful in understanding the maths but generally principle.

It's been a while I opened it but my maths is not bad!
Re: What Is Calculus Of Variations? by Eugosc1(m): 7:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
amadiwati:
Who would give you variation of calculus for your BSC project. That's a though one.
That was part of my one of my lecturer's PhD thesis.
Anyway. I did a self taught on it using KH Dass, advanced Mathematics. It was helpful in understanding the maths but generally principle.

It's been a while I opened it but my maths is not bad!
thanks I'll check that out

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways To Gain Admission Without JAMB / Secret Of Most Outstanding Students / Apply: Masters And Doctoral Scholarships For Africans In South Africa 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.