Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Are Nigerian Doctors Impatient? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are Nigerian Doctors Impatient? (441 Views)

Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors / Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy / How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Doctors Impatient? by jaszplus12(m): 5:17pm On Apr 14, 2018
over time I watch on TV how courteous doctors are in foreign lands and how they take time to counsel patients and the confidence they infuse in people once a patient is in their consulting room...I'm always impressed and likely that's why our people always find means to go out of the country to treat the most minimal ailments.
feeling a little funny last week I went to the general hospital... the nurse sat me down and took my BP...then she declared "you have BP o!"
I was flabbergasted... I was then ushered in to see the doctor ...he only asked if I was diabetic to which my answer was negative...he proceeded to prescribe drugs for me to take care of the BP...and asked me to go to the lab for further tests...blood and urine...I did submit the day after...
I started on the prescribed drugs and boy! the discomfort was pronounced as I was usually very groggy! a week later I was at the hospital to submit my lab results and see the doc again... my BP was taken...it was initially 170/140 but now 90/60!!! hey!!! it was checked again by another nurse and again 90/60!
I'm 6ft and 95kg...
I felt there should have been more questions from the doc about my health history before he prescribed drugs etc...I hardly fall ill and really I felt they hadn't the patience to find out before diagnosis..
I felt my situation may have deteriorated had I not come to see them ....
anyone with experiences from our general hospitals can share their near deterioration experience here arising from lack of thoroughness from our respected physicians...
Re: Are Nigerian Doctors Impatient? by thorpido(m): 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2018
The day you went to the hospital,how many more people did you see in the waiting area who wanted to see the doctor too?
Doctors in Nigeria are sometimes overworked.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Doctors Impatient? by jaszplus12(m): 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2018
thorpido:
The day you went to the hospital,how many more people did you see in the waiting area who wanted to see the doctor too?
Doctors in Nigeria are sometimes overworked.
really there were lots of people!
I agree they're overworked ...
I think that makes it hard to be thorough!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Balance Your Ph / Small Penis As A Man / Raw Black Castor Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.