Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population (880 Views)

Edo State Get Ready: Ososo Carnival "Afekhafe" - Home Is Home - December 2019 / Nairaland Ranked Africa's Largest Forum. / Finally, Nigerian, Africa's Largest Economy, Grows Out Of Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2018
Ethiopia currently houses more than 850,000 refugees from 17 countries like South Sudan, Somalia, Eritrea, Yemen, etc.....

Ethiopia is home to Africa largest and world 5th largest refugee population.
Re: Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
No way. I think we have over 1 million in Kenya. We get Somalis, Ethiopians, Sudanese, still have Congolese and Rwandese refugees who still don't feel safe enough to return.
Re: Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 15, 2018
Muafrika2:
No way. I think we have over 1 million in Kenya. We get Somalis, Ethiopians, Sudanese, still have Congolese and Rwandese refugees who still don't feel safe enough to return.
Ethiopia is, believe me (check online for conformation). Maybe Kenya used to be, but not anymore.
Re: Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 15, 2018
Hati13:

Ethiopia is, believe me (check online for conformation). Maybe Kenya used to be, but not anymore.

You may be right. That was before the Syrian, Yemen, etc and we're currently repatriating Somalis.
Re: Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2018
Muafrika2:

You may be right. That was before the Syrian, Yemen, etc and we're currently repatriating Somalis.
I don’t know the meaning of “repatriating”, but if it means sending back, then you guys are doing the right thing. There was this Somali who insulted and tried tried to spit on me for no reason. I just go without saying nothing because words couldn’t come out of my mouth out of confusion.
Re: Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population by Nobody: 4:46am On Apr 16, 2018
Hati13:

I don’t know the meaning of “repatriating”, but if it means sending back, then you guys are doing the right thing. There was this Somali who insulted and tried tried to spit on me for no reason. I just go without saying nothing because words couldn’t come out of my mouth out of confusion.

That's what it means.

Here theyve been bombing us and using the refugee camps to train terrorists. They are many. Daadab looks like a city. Even their Kenyan Somali brothers felt the pressure since Daadab is neighbouring. Most of Somalia is peaceful now

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 16, 2018
Muafrika2:

That's what it means.

Here theyve been bombing us and using the refugee camps to train terrorists. They are many. Daadab looks like a city. Even their Kenyan Somali brothers felt the pressure since Daadab is neighbouring. Most of Somalia is peaceful now
The terrorist attacks on Kenya were very sad, especially the university killings. Do you live around east Kenya?

Yeah peace is coming in most Somalia areas mainly thanks to Kenya and Ethiopia soldiers under AU and their own.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 16, 2018
Hati13:

The terrorist attacks on Kenya were very sad, especially the university killings. Do you live around east Kenya?

Yeah peace is coming in most Somalia areas mainly thanks to Kenya and Ethiopia soldiers under AU and their own.
I do currently. Very Islamic area. Lots of extremist youth coming up too.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
Muafrika2:

I do currently. Very Islamic area. Lots of extremist youth coming up too.
Where those extremist youth only Kenyan Somali or are there other Kenyans as well?

I still don’t know your age. Could you tell me at least the range?
Re: Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2018
Hati13:

Where those extremist youth only Kenyan Somali or are there other Kenyans as well?

I still don’t know your age. Could you tell me at least the range?
Older than you grin

Other tribes too. But Somalis deliver the most cruel attacks, like Westgate, the University attack, sometimes they even stop buses in North Eastern area and shoot everybody who is not Muslim.
Re: Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2018
Muafrika2:

Older than you grin

Other tribes too. But Somalis deliver the most cruel attacks, like Westgate, the University attack, sometimes they even stop buses in North Eastern area and shoot everybody who is not Muslim.
Somali are the most mentally damaged ppl alongside Arab. They know it’s end for them, so they are saying we might as well end together. angry You should consider to relocate to other parts of Kenya. We don’t want to lose someone like you. smiley
Re: Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2018
Hati13:

Somali are the most mentally damaged ppl alongside Arab. They know it’s end for them, so they are saying we might as well end together. angry You should consider to relocate to other parts of Kenya. We don’t want to lose someone like you. smiley
cheesy cheesy

Its the effect of years of war. I think Kenyan Somalis are more balanced. I've worked with some good natured Somalis.

Actually, it's not so bad here as it is in other places. Am in a friendly Bantu community, and though they have grievances, its not as dangerous as near the Somali borders.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Is Home To Africa Largest Refugee Population by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 17, 2018
Muafrika2:

cheesy cheesy

Its the effect of years of war. I think Kenyan Somalis are more balanced. I've worked with some good natured Somalis.

Actually, it's not so bad here as it is in other places. Am in a friendly Bantu community, and though they have grievances, its not as dangerous as near the Somali borders.
Great to hear this then cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Hits Two Million Members!!!! / What Is The Most Preferred Beer In Nigeria / Flashback On Peter Obi Punchlines - Get Atikulated Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.