Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? (14036 Views)

Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? / Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? / The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 15, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Is that the reason why Nigerians are some of the most deceitful pple in the world not withstanding that almost everybody is born again

That has to do with character...which is a different question from what you originally raised..ie religion =underdevelopment.

Don't move the goalposts please...

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:20am On Apr 15, 2018
omojeesu:
I AGREE WITH YOU.

BUT WHAT YOU REFER TO IS NOT THE AUTHENTIC NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY THAT JESUS ESTABLISHED. THIS WAS NOT AND HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE RELIGION.

SATAN BROUGHT SIN AND CREATED ALL RELIGIONS INCLUDING THE SO CALLED CHRISTIAN RELIGION.

HE BROUGHT RELIGION TO DECEIVE HUMANITY THAT IT IS THE SOLUTION TO THE SIN PROBLEM. CHRISTIAN RELIGION IS A MISREPRESENTATION OF CHRIST'S CHURCH.

AUTHENTIC CHRISTIANITY IS THE 'NARROW WAY'. ALL RELIGIONS AND 'CHRISTIAN' RELIGION ARE THE 'BROAD WAY'.

Christianity is not about been prosper in material things alone
Remember whether you worship God or not you will posses those things if it has been predestinated to you
Those that are truly worshipping God will do so in spirit AMD truth and there principal achievement is to make heaven and reign with Jesus not economic stable
The rest you said I agreed
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 15, 2018
Kingsley10000:
China is currently the world's leading economic power, in
China there is Zero Church!
Finland has the most stable economy in the world today.
There are less than twenty churches in Finland!
Switzerland has the second most stable economy in the
world. Switzerland has fewer than thirty churches!
Denmark is the third most stable economy in the world,
there are about 23 churches in Denmark.
These countries are considered to have the highest number
of atheists, but they are blessed!
Come to Nigeria, there are more than 70,000 churches.
+25 000 churches in Lagos.
+2 500 churches in Oyo
+30000 churches in the south east
In Africa, we have more churches than schools and
hospitals combined!
More pastors than doctors.
Everyone is born again!o
Everyone is covered with the blood of Jesus!
Jesus even became the husband of all single women
(according to them) in revival churches!
Everyone is filled with the Holy Spirit!
However, none of these claims reflect the moral elevation
that is hoped for in a society.
We are among the laziest, the most deceiving, the most
corrupt, the most hypocritical, the most hateful on the planet
today, with all our Jesus and the Holy Spirit!
Our people need to distinguish between religion and
stupidity or between spirituality and tradition!.
Wake up!!!
religion is the modern day slavery holding Africans down...

That is why the rate of natural disaster is high in such places,

Just thank God u are in. Africa, u are covered by the grace of prayer warriors from different churches across Africa

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by BushWickBill: 9:26am On Apr 15, 2018
Cromcruach91:

That has to do with character...which is a different question from what you originally raised..ie religion =underdevelopment.

Don't move the goalposts please...
With due respect, you have no argument

If religion cannot affect your character then it is worthless. Christ says "let your light so shine before men, so that they may see your good works and glorify your father in Heaven", meaning that there is no need for being a Christian just for the sake of it. Christ's message is supposed to positively affect your entire life.

With the amount of religiosity displayed in this country, we should be the best country the world. That is his point. And sadly, the reverse is the case.

Until that is proved to be so(I.e. the link between character and religion) then religion can be viewed as a problem since it is everywhere but obviously has no positive effect on us all.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 15, 2018
happinesssssssss:

That is why the rate of natural disaster is high in such places,

Just thank God u are in. Africa, u are covered by the grace of prayer warriors from different churches across Africa

Natural disasters happen inAfrica too.

Also natural disasters to some extent fuel development (you grow in adversity). Like in many European countries and some Asian countires, natural disasters means development of technologies to preserve life and limb= more industrial development
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 15, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Thats Christianity bros, religion of deception

More better than the other blood sucking religion well known all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by zudozz: 9:30am On Apr 15, 2018
What Pastor? People should stop being Seeely!
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by okeyfineboy(m): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2018
And some useless people will say Catholics worship idols..very funny..isn't it better to wear necklace with Jesus or Mary pictures than wearing and adoring ur pastors pictures.. These day people worship their pastors..hanging their images at their various homes claiming one thing or the other..all these satellite churches are victims of all these..though I don't hate them but their way of doing stuff very annoying...
TEAM ROMAN CATHOLIC..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by esota4280(m): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2018
vault:
My cousin does not know anything other than her so-called daddy in the lord while her real father is alive and well

We all tried correcting her, but to her we all apparently work for the devil.
sorry she Don comot for line.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by southpaw86: 9:32am On Apr 15, 2018
Funny enough, the necklace will still be sold to the congregation for at least #200...its pure business
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 15, 2018
BushWickBill:

With due respect, you have no argument

If religion cannot affect your character then it is worthless.

With the amount of religiosity displayed in this country, we should be the best country the world. That is his point. And sadly, the reverse is the case.

Until that is proved to be so(I.e. the link between character and religion) then religion can be viewed as a problem since it is everywhere but obviously has no positive effect on us all.

The person I originally quoted was saying that religion= underdevelopment. When I pointed out that underdevelopment is due to factors other than religion, he then brought up the character issues...which is a different matter from religion= underdevelopment.

That is why I accused him of moving the goalposts.

Plus our underdevelopment in this country has a lot to do with the idea that we can develop by just selling raw materials and importing stuff. It is a development model that does not work.

As for Christians not being of good character in this country....that is true...and that is another discussion for another day. I will add that all those countries that he mentioned that have no churches...are countries that also have lots of people of both good and bad character.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by BushWickBill: 9:33am On Apr 15, 2018
happinesssssssss:

More better than the other blood sucking religion well known all over the world.
And when has that become the issue?
Of what good is being a "better religion" ,according to you, when it can't affect anything around it?

I hate these morĂ´nic arguments. You haven't told us what your own religion contributes, instead your direct response is to abuse another.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Aldebaran(m): 9:34am On Apr 15, 2018
Lols grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by pstjoga: 9:35am On Apr 15, 2018
This is my problem with so called Christians, you bring up matters concerning the church and will never see the muslims ask you to analyse their Islamic clerics or mosques. Christians that have commented and the initiators of this post, I am grossly disappointed in you.
When was the last time an atheist, Buddhist, traditionalist ask on this platform for your opinion about their beliefs?
Social media indeed is misleading us in an unusual manner.
Let him that have ears, let him hear!
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by BushWickBill: 9:39am On Apr 15, 2018
Cromcruach91:

The person I originally quoted was saying that religion= underdevelopment. When I pointed out that underdevelopment is due to factors other than religion, he then brought up the character issues...which is a different matter from religion= underdevelopment.

That is why I accused him of moving the goalposts.

Plus our underdevelopment in this country has a lot to do with the idea that we can develop by just selling raw materials and importing stuff. It is a development model that does not work.

As for Christians not being of good character in this country....that is true...and that is another discussion for another day. I will add that all those countries that he mentioned that have no churches...are countries that also have lots of people of both good and bad character.
With due regard,
You still haven't gotten the true gist of the whole argument sir.

If Christians were just 10% sincere to their message, this country would be a lot better off.

It's not about the number of churches. It's about how true we are to obeying and reflecting Christ's message.
That's the underlying point I see.

He is partly right to question why we are so vast in churches but so backward and selfish. I would like you to admit that part before countering him with your points.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by BushWickBill: 9:41am On Apr 15, 2018
pstjoga:
This is my problem with so called Christians, you bring up matters concerning the church and will never see the muslims ask you to analyse their Islamic clerics or mosques. Christians that have commented and the initiators of this post, I am grossly disappointed in you.
When was the last time an atheist, Buddhist, traditionalist ask on this platform for your opinion about their beliefs?
Social media indeed is misleading us in an unusual manner.
Let him that have ears, let him hear!
Arrant garbage.
If you can't ask questions of your superiors, then you are no better than those religions you are indirectly shading and you are in a cult.

Even Paul had to call out Peter for his double standards. I'm sure if you were alive back then you would label Paul as insane.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by odinga1of: 9:42am On Apr 15, 2018
Cromcruach91:

There are churches in China by the way....

Also...USA has millions of Chrstians, as does Canada, and to some extent the UK.

And there are poor countries with no churches.

The problem with Nigeria is simple. We have far too many resources, and just sell them to earn money to import stuff. China on the other hand has limited resources and a high populaiton, Switzerland has limited resources, as does Denmark, Finland, etc. And all those countries as a result have to rely on industrial development to survive. Nigeria just thinks that we can survive on revenues from oil...and any attempt to tell people otherwise attracts insults and jokes.

Thing is...until we realize that relying on sharing oil money is not going to develop us...we will never develop. Whether we are atheist, or religious.

And that electricity you used to type this thing....Faraday who developed it was a Christian.

stupid talk from you bro.........forget about USA n Canada.............. the average Nigerian believe in miracle than to work.................. Nigerian pastors n churches are more than China........ yet china economy is better than Nigeria.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Woke4all(m): 9:43am On Apr 15, 2018
Cromcruach91:

No it isn't.

America has a high number of Chrsitians and it is developed. South Africa that is more developed than we are...high percentage of Christians.

Our problem is that we think we can rely on exporting commodities/raw materiel and sharing the money....instead of industrial development. Has nothing to do with religion.

If we had limited resources now...if we did not produce oil...watch as we promptly promote industrial development...or run into more issues.

America has high number of Christians but 98% of Christians in UK and USA has never been to a building called church but claimed to be Christians.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by zubydave(m): 9:47am On Apr 15, 2018
okeyfineboy:
And some useless people will say Catholics worship idols..very funny..isn't it better to wear necklace with Jesus or Mary pictures than wearing and adoring ur pastors pictures.. These day people worship their pastors..hanging their images at their various homes claiming one thing or the other..all these satellite churches are victims of all these..though I don't hate them but their way of doing stuff very annoying...
TEAM ROMAN CATHOLIC..
Where did God instruct his people to reverence his picture- assuming all those are the pictures of Jesus. I dont even want to talk about marry.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by KhaleesiAdaz(f): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2018
okeyfineboy:
TEAM ROMAN CATHOLIC..

Catholics is even worse sef. They worship actors.
That image of your so called "Jesus" and "Mary" are just images of Actors that acted in the movie.
Got it?
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 15, 2018
odinga1of:

stupid talk from you bro.........forget about USA n Canada.............. the average Nigerian believe in miracle than to work.................. Nigerian pastors n churches are more than China........ yet china economy is better than Nigeria.

1.I did not insult you

2.China has a lot of Chrstians, Buddhists and Taoists as well as atheists.

3.China is developed because they have a high population and not much in the way of resources. As a result, they have to develop their industrial base...or else they wont be able to survive.

4.South Korea, Taiwan have high number of Chritstians...and they are developed not because of Christians but because they don't have enough resources to sell to make enough money to share.SO...they have to get industrially developed.

5.By contrast, Cuba has a high number of atheists, yet struggles economically because they are heavily reliant on exporting raw materials.(It also makes them vulnerable to economic sanctions).

6.The Soviet Union was an atheistic superpower...which fell because in the 1960's they decided to become dependent on exporting raw materials including oil...which created issues for their economy once the oil price crashed.

7.Look...your country can be a country of non-Chistains, or all Chirstians...but so long as your economy is not dependent on what you produce with your hands(industries)...you can never ever be developed.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by yusfatedeeprof(m): 9:50am On Apr 15, 2018
Use your common sense, what does the necklace mean now?
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Crixina(f): 9:51am On Apr 15, 2018
Fadiga24:
My Aunty has the screen saver Pastor Suleiman

Ring Tone-Pastor Sullivan's voice

Prayer intro-God of Pastor Suleiman

Aunty are you worshipping Pastor Suleiman or are you worshipping God?
na that God of something something dey pain me pass, is he not also your God?
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 15, 2018
Woke4all:

America has high number of Christians but 98% of Christians in UK and USA has never been to a building called church but claimed to be Christians.

1.51% of Christian Americans go to church regularly.

2.In the UK...it is 10% (bad , but not as bad as the 98% you posited.)
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by davidque007(m): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2018
Totally irrelevant topic of discussion.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by DrMuzungu(m): 9:56am On Apr 15, 2018
This sort of questions is the same as if someone asks if it is biblically right to print your favorite politician's face on the toilet paper before that paper is used in the toilet. Th answer to both should be "yes".
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by rosita33(f): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2018
kidman96:
Its not wrong, its stupid.
my guy, you get sense
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Okoyeochapaul(m): 10:00am On Apr 15, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
its totally wrong.nowadays people worship their pastors

have u seen JESUS

Is it biblical to put on necklaces with marry image
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Shaev7(m): 10:00am On Apr 15, 2018
KhaleesiAdaz:

That image of your so called "Jesus" and "Mary" are just images of Actors that acted in the movie.
Got it?
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Okoyeochapaul(m): 10:01am On Apr 15, 2018
have u seen JESUS

Is it biblical to put on necklaces with marry/Saints/Angels image?

Stop ths unnecessary talk
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Shaev7(m): 10:03am On Apr 15, 2018
KhaleesiAdaz:

Got it?
You have nothing to say! Your comments stanks. Maybe in your village no tradition or probably you don't know tradition. Keeping worshipping your pastors! Have you seen any Catholics wearing the image of a Living Pope, Priest or Bishop? If anyone does that, its not from the church but personal which is wrong! You may have heard of the word ancestors. Let me stop here
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by tafabaloo(m): 10:04am On Apr 15, 2018
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cobwebs Attack / Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray / How I Was Deceived At Winners Chapel And Had A Heart Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.