Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:30 AM

Actress Michelle Dede Assaulted By Police In Lagos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actress Michelle Dede Assaulted By Police In Lagos (740 Views)

Girls Rushing Mr Spell Aka Dede Nne (Photos) / Sam Dede Reunites With Hanks Anuku, Emeka Taekwondo, 17 Years After (photos) / Sam Dede, His Wife, Tammy Sam-Dede & Their Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Actress Michelle Dede Assaulted By Police In Lagos by cathytemi(f): 2:43pm On Apr 15, 2018
At about 6am this morning. I was stopped by policemen at the checkpoint on Adewunmi Adepimpe Drive, Lekki Phase 1. Coming from a prayer vigil. I and the female Taxify driver where harassed by officers and one of them eventually grabbed and pushed me violently.

Had I not been standing in front of another officer, whom I fell onto, I would have been pushed to the ground.

They called us prostitutes, including hurling other insults and had I not called one of the attendees of the vigil, I’m sure worse would have happened. The officers walked away only when they heard a male voice on the speaker of my phone.

Aggressive behaviour by armed policemen is unacceptable, especially when no one has threatened or physically touched the policeman!

In Nigeria many people have horror stories of police brutality and only rarely is something done about it.

If policemen want to check a car, do so, don’t pretend you want to check a car, when the only thing you are interested in is my wallet. I have previously been asked by policemen at the same check point to empty the contents of my bag and wallet onto the boot of the car. I did so so quietly, even as they searched through my belongings and counted the money spread on the boot!

See more on [url]http://peoplespostng.com/news/2018/04/dear-gov-ambode-women-in-your-city-are-not-safe-actress-michelle-dede-on-her-ordeal-with-the-police/
[/url]

(1) (Reply)

''why Are You Looking Like An Arm Robber....' - Bobrisky Attacks Tunde Ednut / Davido And Chioma Jet Out To Abuja (photos) / Mercy Johnson Shocks Her Husband With A Surprise Birthday Party.(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.