Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,691 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Ditto - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ditto (766 Views)

Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success / Couple Spent N3m On Wedding But Got Evicted Weeks Later Cause They’re Owing Rent / 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ditto by AussiePlayboy(f): 8:19pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ditto

3 Likes

Re: Ditto by thesicilian: 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
If you truly work at a top multinational company abroad and get paid flight and accommodation allowances as you say, why are you still paying rent? You should have your own house by now.
Like you say, your salaries and allowances do not make you successful, it is how you invest them that make you successful.
Re: Ditto by Afam4eva(m): 8:36pm On Apr 15, 2018
Do you now want to help people define success? The last time i checked, each person has their own measure of success and it could be owning a car and paying rent on a 3 bedroom flat. As long as they feel they are successful, who are you to tell them otherwise?

1 Like

Re: Ditto by mctowel01: 8:54pm On Apr 15, 2018
True
Re: Ditto by AussiePlayboy(f): 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2018
thesicilian:
If you truly work at a top multinational company abroad and get paid flight and accommodation allowances as you say, why are you still paying rent? You should have your own house by now.
Like you say, your salaries and allowances do not make you successful, it is how you invest them that make you successful.
You assume first of all. Besides I said boldly that I don't consider myself successful, however, I am working towards owning my own.
Re: Ditto by Bnimz(m): 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2018
thesicilian:
If you truly work at a top multinational company abroad and get paid flight and accommodation allowances as you say, why are you still paying rent? You should have your own house by now
Okay, so I don't get this... If you own a house in Lagos and work in Abuja, won't you pay rent in Abuja?
Somebody said he works outside Africa, have you seen the prices of houses in foreign countries?..
Please don't make assumptions.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Mind My Business And I Don't Want To. / 11 Things You Should Never Do For Your Girlfriend / Laughing Parents Film Toddler Playing With Huge Python

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.