Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Success Stories Of Nigerian Forex Traders - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Success Stories Of Nigerian Forex Traders (3774 Views)

Exness Broker: Is It The Best Broker For Nigerian Forex Traders? / Share your Nairaland success stories and Lift One Nairanders UP / Meet Fewa Otedola, The Only Son Of Nigerian Billionaire Femi Otedola!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Success Stories Of Nigerian Forex Traders by edujoy(m): 7:54am On Apr 16, 2018
This story was published by the Nation below is a link to the online version:
http://thenationonlineng.net/success-stories-of-nigerian-forex-traders/

I decided to react to this publication ( although it has been a while since the story was published) due to some recent events.
Someone recently drew my attention to this article insisting that there are no successful forex traders in Nigeria. I sent him my real time results (see link below)as proof that there are consistent traders but I am not sure what his criteria for successful trading means):
https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/361611 (This signal account is for performance monitoring purposes only the fee is very high to discourage subscription)

I sent the performance to douse his curiosity(especially because my name was mentioned in the article -Chinedu Onuoha). I am very certain that a lot of people also share this idea that there are no successful forex traders in Nigeria. I have worked with 4 forex brokers and I can categorically tell you that there are quite a hand full of consistent forex traders in Nigeria.

It is very sad that majority of the people that get involved in the forex business end up losing their money but I will explain the major reasons why this happens below:

1. Leverage and Margin - Trading on margin seems like a fast way to make quick profit however, this gives birth to greed as a result of margin abuse. Research has shown that high leverage contributes largely to the number of capital losses prevalent with margin trading. Without margin, trading forex and cfds will be like every other business. It is therefore not surprising that CFTC (commodities and futures trading commission of the US) made it compulsory for all brokers in the US to offer a maximum leverage of 1:50. Statistics have shown that since the CFTC rule was set in 2010, more retail traders are now profitable.A proper understanding of leverage and margin is very important if any trader is to be successful in the business for the long term.

2. Half baked education- This is another major mistake many traders make. When a trader is trained by someone who cannot hold an account for more than 3 months consistently, you don't expect the trader to be consistent. You cannot learn how to drive in a driving school where the teacher cannot drive. Next time you want to learn any business, please make sure you approach someone with a proven track record in the business. Many forex trainers do not have performance history of even 3 months. Forget all the sweet talk, proof is everything.

3. Pressure - In my over 12 years trading career, I have seen very good traders who lost all their money over and over as a result of pressure from bills. If you put the weight of your bills on your small trading account, it is bound to crash. The best traders in the world make an average of 3% monthly ROI. They have large funds and its almost effortless. Forex trading is not a get rich quick scheme so quit the gambling if you must be consistent.

I left my job as a general manager of a forex brokerage firm to go into full time forex trading, forex account management and coaching. I would not do that if I was not convinced that this industry is very profitable.

My personal slogan is "Slow is smooth and smooth is fast". The fastest way to success is slowly.

Re: Success Stories Of Nigerian Forex Traders by forreelinc(m): 7:56am On Apr 16, 2018
Y do they look hungry?
Re: Success Stories Of Nigerian Forex Traders by edujoy(m): 10:03am On Apr 16, 2018
forreelinc:
Y do they look hungry?

Your Opinion
Re: Success Stories Of Nigerian Forex Traders by Cryptophaz: 9:43pm On Sep 10, 2021
Richest forex traders in Nigeria and their net worth

https://cryptopidia.com/most-successful-forex-traders-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Naija Market Place: Your Honest Opinions Needed On These Products / How To Withdraw Your Paypal Funds,receive Paypal In Nigerian Bank Account / Top 5 Investment Platform In Nigeria Where You Can Put Your Money (pros And Cons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.