Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,351 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 91st Birthday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 91st Birthday (342 Views)

Pope Benedict XVI Buried In Vatican Tomb After Funeral Led By Pope Francis / Former Pope Benedict XVI To Be Buried On Jan 5 / Former Pope Benedict XVI Dies At His Vatican Residence, Aged 95 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 91st Birthday by chikachuks1(m): 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
Former Pope Benedict XVI is due to spend his 91st birthday in “quiet and peace,’’ This was reveled by the Vatican’s on Monday.

Benedict was due to have a little celebration in the Vatican monastery where he has retired, with his 94-year-old brother Georg Ratzinger, his Secretary Archbishop Georg Gaenswein said.

Born Joseph Ratzinger in Bavaria, Southern Germany, Benedict became in 2013 the first pope to resign in nearly 600 years, citing the strains of old age.

Since then, he has lived a life of prayer inside the Vatican gardens and rarely ventured out, staying true to a promise to remain “hidden to the world.”

In February, he said in a letter to Italian daily Corriere della Sera, that he was preparing to meet his maker: “As my physical strength slowly fades, I am on an interior pilgrimage towards home.”‎ he said.
http://www.christianityupdate.com/blog/pope-benedict/

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 91st Birthday by Nwaikuku2(m): 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
Happy birthday my holy father, i will continue to honour and respect you. Your attitude towards religion matters is worthy of emulation, you created a path which all should follow. you're a man of good reputation.

(1) (Reply)

Multipurpose Ebook Store Int'l / Worship Jesus!!! / Apostle Johnson Gives Football Joggler N500K After Performing In His Church (pho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.