Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Thought Provoking Questions To Ask About The Crisis In The Northern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thought Provoking Questions To Ask About The Crisis In The Northern Nigeria (539 Views)

COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis / Buhari In Kaduna To Meet With Stakeholders From The Areas Affected By The Crisis / Lauretta Onochie: It Is Disrespectful To Ask About Buhari's Health Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thought Provoking Questions To Ask About The Crisis In The Northern Nigeria by Ade3000yrs(m): 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2018
In an heterogenous society like Nigeria, just like oil and water that never mix; It is true that a lot of economic activities and development is now concentrated in the Southern part of Nigeria instead of both side as in North and South together. It is disheartening that most of this Northern elite have now deserted their own people due to the crisis but have now shifted bulk of their investment to the southern region of Nigeria where they are assured of security of lives and properties living the northern masses to choke under the ashes of their birthed crises. Most of us are not new to the Northern Nigerian Crisis as I have at some point in time interrogated, friends both Christians and Muslims, great scholars, historians and have also asked my late grand parents before their demise about the genesis of the Northern crisis and how they abandoned all they had and ventures in the 1960s to eventually come down and resettled down here in the west where they are assured of a life time of peace and security of lives and properties, The answers have always been the same just as the same reason for the Northern Crisis as been consistent.

My late grand parents once said, "you can become a governor over night in the North as it is the only region where anything is possible in Nigeria and by the next morning you could be worse and more miserable than the beggar on the last corner on the street," I was dumb struck to hear that, but to allay my fears, I have had many close encounter with some herdsmen which most people address as demons and I discovered this people are no different from you and I but just living their ordinary live ridden with ignorance due to academic or educational marginalisation meted on them by their Northern leaders. A lot of these vilified herds men are peace loving people living their everyday life just like you and I with more of the innocence of conscience written all over them.

I believed if the herds men are as bad as a lot of us paint this people, I would have been dead out of the poison that could have been concocted in the Nunu I get to drink from them almost everyday or from the engagement of having the Fulani help me in some of my farm projects at some point in time. These group of people are not demons but people like you and I with the same fears, the same needs, the same wants, the same taste of life and with the same believe of heaven and need for peace. Almost every country in the world today has her own kind of Fulani which exist in the USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, Asia, Russia, China, Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Mexico, Ethiopia, South Africa and Kenya from which Barrack Obama is also a proud one. (Please endeavour to do a thorough research on history before you judge matters of public concerns). Had it been the Fulani race of Kenya had been wiped out of history before the 1940s, There would never had been any name in history to exist as such as Barrack Obama the First Black American President.

It is ok for anyone to believe or subscribe to any religion but not at the detriment of others.

Some have argued that the reason is because of the staunch conservative islamic values as such as the Shariah Law, which is associated with the Jiahdist movement but, I want believe that this is really not true, because we have Politicians, Legislators, Executives, Judiciary, Security operatives and law abiding citizens who are Muslims, but I also want to believe that the main problem is lack of proper educational values for the majority of the Northern masses. The decades of neglect to educational needs of the Northern masses is what I believe has translated to all these senseless and mindless killings in the North without an end in sight as if the North is going to implode due to a crusade of killings without an end which has now left power to the bush dwelling bandit Jihadist whose militia killing tactics is now strike by night and hide by day.

Among a bewildering and thought provoking question that bugs alot of Nigerian is this.

1. Is the Shariah law the fundamental Cause of poor development in the North or the reason for the endless killings in the North?

2. Could it be that the Movement is Jihadist inclined or a Call for Islamization of the Country Nigeria to further entrench or enforce the religion on others by compulsion or fear of the blades or scimitar?
Is it a conspiracy for power sharing formula amongst the Northern elites?

3. Is poor education or lack of disruptive thinking and innovation the reason for the Northern crisis.

4. Or Could it be that the Northern elites of old and years back have fanned an ember of war and hatred with religious motives undertone which is now misinterpreted and propagated by some bush dwelling ill educated armed bandits who have now become some outlaw dogs, bandits and anarchist calling the power shots of who live and who die in the North. The matter at hand is now so alarming that both the Muslims and Christians are now victimised and caught in the web as rivalry increases and communities decimated and divided.

5. Was there a mistake in calling for an exclusive right to take life by some political and religious elite and dictate cultural trend in the Northern part of Nigeria which has now metamorphosed to the kind of anarchy we now have in the North?

6. Could it Be a deliberate attempt or conspiracy by some Northern elites or Foreigners to have some ill or poorly educated masses reserved to front their political cause through the seed of fear control factor or to economically sabotage the country for their own selfish interest.

7. Could it be that the insecurity and economic instability in the north is a conspiracy of some Southern, Western, or Eastern Nigerian or foreign countries or World Economic power country responsible and master minders?

8. Are these Boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, gunmen, militias and Bandits truely Libyan Nigeria emigrated militias or such gangs are run and financed by some Nigerian top politicians and elite who understand the weakness and deficiency of the Nigerian military and strategies so well along with the details of the geographical structure of Nigeria so well who felt the only way to continue to stay in power is to continue to rule the Northern masses with fear thereby recruiting the bulk of the foot soldiers from Niger, Mali, Libya, Chad and Sudan so that they can carve a political niche and relevance for themselves in Nigeria?

9. Could it be the hand work of some war hungry warlords based outside Nigeria or some old, past or serving military chiefs playing the Chess game of King, Queen, Knights, Rooks, Bishops and Pawns and just interested in selling weapons and only care about the money made from weapon sales knowing they will make more money as long as the impression of an ongoing war is sustained?

I want to believe the lesson learnt if reflection is drawn on the Peace enjoyed in Saudi Arabia, Iran, UAE, Gulf Countries, Afghan, is because they have alot in common in ancestral history contrary to the Malians, Somalians, Uganda, North and South Sudan, Chad, and Nigeria.

The world today is global and no longer an Island, as a people we must continually challenge and question unyielding norms and values that has continue to sabotage and stagnate the country economically and industrially wise. Lets not be afraid of the air around us. Lets ask constructive questions to get useful answers an results.

As far as am concerned, For all the manner of crisis, inadequacy and lawlessness in every part of the country, I blame it on the schools for not living up to expectations, a man regardless of tribe and religion, who is academically empowered will never think of taken law into his hands or taking to arms to become the outlaw dogs and bandits in the society. The war our military and security men are fighting today with bloodshed on both sides of these militia men, bandits and the Nigerian soldiers is supposed to be a long won war by our long innovatively disconnected Educational system and University Authorities who only enjoy lamenting and protesting about poor funding and allowance and salary raise.

Albert Einstein Once said and I quote, "If there's anything we must seek so passionately in life, it is about finding and asking the right questions, then the answer and solution would never be a problem."

Re: Thought Provoking Questions To Ask About The Crisis In The Northern Nigeria by buhariguy(m): 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2018
Good question

(1) (Reply)

IMF Douses Fears On Nigeria’s Rising Debts Profile / Who Is To Blame? The Death Of Nigeria's Defence Industry / Kano Underage Voting: INEC Probe Committee Report Indicts KANSIEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.