Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

How To Encrypt Your Windows Local Disk With A Password - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Encrypt Your Windows Local Disk With A Password (853 Views)

Hp Folio 9470m 500gb Hard Disk With CORE I5vpro / Encrypt Your Flash Drive Using Native Method / Lots Of Used Bank 10 Cpus(without Hard Disk) With 6 Monitors And Ricoh Printer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Encrypt Your Windows Local Disk With A Password by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
The main reason of securing your disk is to avoid unauthorized access to data and files.
You may create a login password but that will not stop people like me from getting to your files.
So I want to show you how to secure your windows drive using Windows BitLocker encryption.
I assume that you partitioned your system already i.e you have more than one Local Drive.
Follow These steps:

Right-click on the drive you wish to lock and click on "Turn on BitLocker"

Then check the box before "Use a password to unlock the drive"

Then type in your desired password.

Re: How To Encrypt Your Windows Local Disk With A Password by Lilusm: 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
Thanks for the helpful guide. I recommend that everyone store their encryption keys securely so as not to lose access to their files. But if this happens, then EFS Recovery can help you. This is not a guarantee of getting access to files, but it increases your chances.

(1) (Reply)

Become A Professional In 3D Animation / Clean Lenovo Think~pad X131e Forsale. / Tp-link Wireless USB Adapter For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.