Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

When Will We Pay Our Debts? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will We Pay Our Debts? (570 Views)

Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts / Kemi Adeosun To World Bank: "We Don’t Need Your Help On Our Debts" / "We Are Dying, Pay Our Salaries" - Kogi Workers Tell Governor Yahaya Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will We Pay Our Debts? by danvon(m): 3:45am On Apr 17, 2018
I read this, our national debt is $57.39 billion the government isn't too concerned about paying it up all everyone is thinking about is the present it's always the present no one is concerned about the huge debt we are piling for the unborn generation

When will we pay our debts in Nigeria

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/nigerias-total-debt-profile-57-39bn-dmo-boss/

1 Like

Re: When Will We Pay Our Debts? by blackpanda: 4:38am On Apr 17, 2018
Debt is not necessarily a bad thing
Its not about paying debt. Its about applying the loan judiciously
Re: When Will We Pay Our Debts? by danvon(m): 6:30am On Apr 17, 2018
blackpanda:
Debt is not necessarily a bad thing
Its not about paying debt. Its about applying the loan judiciously
how have we been applying the billions?

1 Like

Re: When Will We Pay Our Debts? by MrMystrO(m): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2018
danvon:

How. much is America's debt? Seems you don't really know much about the nature of National debt and how it works. Check America's debt and get back to me.
Re: When Will We Pay Our Debts? by danvon(m): 7:36am On Apr 17, 2018
MrMystrO:

How. much is America's debt? Seems you don't really know much about the nature of National debt and how it works. Check America's debt and get back to me.
Again with the international argument who cares about America? Am I from America I'm asking a question relating to Nigeria it's none what happens in America

1 Like

Re: When Will We Pay Our Debts? by MrMystrO(m): 7:54am On Apr 17, 2018
danvon:
Again with the international argument who cares about America? Am I from America I'm asking a question relating to Nigeria it's none what happens in America

Who cares about America? but our constitution was modeled after theirs?? And our economic systems after theirs too?? You have to care about America whether you like it or Not.

Anyway my point is i don't think you're very well read on debt analysis and management and so your question is sounding like that of a Novice in that area. Do more research on it first and maybe then you'll start asking the right Questions then. Have a great day.
Re: When Will We Pay Our Debts? by blackpanda: 7:56am On Apr 17, 2018
danvon:

Isnt it interesting that in a period of recession the govt was still able to give bailout funds to all states that needed it, regardless of political party or ethicity?? How about completion of abuja rail, rice revolution, massive investments in agric, lagos ibadan road construction, 2nd niger bridge, east west road and a whole lot of others
Re: When Will We Pay Our Debts? by danvon(m): 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
MrMystrO:

Who cares about America? but our constitution was modeled after theirs?? And our economic systems after theirs too?? You have to care about America whether you like it or Not.

Anyway my point is i don't think you're very well read on debt analysis and management and so your question is sounding like that of a Novice in that area. Do more research on it first and maybe then you'll start asking the right Questions then. Have a great day.
I've made my point clear your not from America I'm not from America I don't know what goes on their what I know is what I watch on TV which is highly unreliable

Novice in that area? Asking the right questions? let's keep borrowing more then
Re: When Will We Pay Our Debts? by danvon(m): 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
blackpanda:

Isnt it interesting that in a period of recession the govt was still able to give bailout funds to all states that needed it, regardless of political party or ethicity?? How about completion of abuja rail, rice revolution, massive investments in agric, lagos ibadan road construction, 2nd niger bridge, east west road and a whole lot of others
Anyone would have thought the oil would have been enough to do all that clearly it's not, moreso who are you leaving the debts for
Re: When Will We Pay Our Debts? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
I was curious when I saw d figure cos I know our debt is more than that but I also see that d link is a Feb 2017 report talking about 2016 debt.

Debt is not really a bad thing, how it's being spent is d most important factor. If u use it for infrastructural developments, d infrastructures will pay back.

(1) (Reply)

Why President Buhari Said The Youth Are Not Schooled And Lazy / Metering: Nerc Seeks N200bn Facility From Cbn For Map Kick-off / ''most Of The Youths In The North Are Uneducated Or School Dropouts” Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.