Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,765 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine (37172 Views)

Fantastic Four: 4 Nigerian Teenage Girls Invent Urine-Powered Generator / Malayan Leaf Frog Aka Long-Nosed Horned Frog: World's Most Camouflaged Frog / Gabriel Obinna & Moses Ezeilegbunam Invent Generator That Runs Without Fuel, Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by Psoul(m): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2018
priceaction:
Nice attempt, but you can also use blender of smaller size to do the job and save you stress if you know how to. How do u expect our women to carry this thing to their house and still buy fuel, pay for servicing on top of 100 naira bitter leaves?
And if it multipurpose, it will be , lets assume,market friendly but if only restricted to bitter leaves then, it will be useless in the long run because not everyone like or eat bitter leaves.
To me it is just another nice attempt but in the long run likely useless.

Ppl wt this kind of consumption mentality hardly contributes to the development of any society or even to themselves. No offense intended.

If our inventors have this kind of mentality, we wouldn't be where we are today.
For example, if the ppl that invented car said that no need of building a car since we already have a cart and horse that can transport ppl. Or those that improved on the already existing cars saying that no need of improving on the cars.

You mentioned blender. Do u know that there were other means of grinding and blending b4 the blender u mentioned come into existence. What if the inventor had this kind of ur mentality. I call it consumption mentality. Pls try to have productive mentality.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by luizkyworld(m): 11:59am On Apr 17, 2018
I'm quite certain u'r not a mechanical engineer, cuz if u were u'd understand wat he's trying to say. I give de dudes de credit for dia innovation, but its actually not a novel invention. I did similar work as my final year project in school. One of de recommendations was that it will not be viable for domestic use, cuz of its cost. It can only be useful for commercial purpose, dat's if bitter leaves juice becomes a useful product.
ariesbull:

What makes you think it's useless or did they they you it's for home use or did they tell you that the running cost is high

I wonder how you guys just jump into conclusion and condemn things

I don't have this time for pessimistic folks
Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by Elliot2(m): 12:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
wonlasewonimi:
I like the fact that they created something... What I don't like is when people major in minor.

Create something that will solve significant problems... I don't even eat bitter leaf and those that do will not necessarily buy the machine.

Please go back to the drawing board boys!
u did not read where ut is stated that the waste water could be used for medicine and others?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by GoodMuyis(m): 12:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
eTECTIVe:

Useless?? Are U for real? Is d cassava processing machine useless on d long run becos not everyone eats garri nd fufu? Dont U realise since it washes and drains d liquid it can as well do same for every other leaves and vegetables??

Some of U sef... D first computer invented was as big as a room. D first set of fones were not as dey are now. D first blenders we used to have was d mortar and pestle and d grnding stone...

With no funding and support dey came up with dat, wat do U think would happen wen dey can afford smaller parts? Dey are trying to solve a problem, try not to b one....

Well Technological advancement and material availability makes it easier to manufacture smaller device this days as per requirement. Funding is not an excuse for inventing what the world will not dare use. If that can work more on the design they could produce a smaller version, they can even design cheap plastic portable model that will not use power.

Their invention is a good start, but too early for publicity and needs a lots adjustment

Pls take you time and watch Shark Tank Series. Guys use their money to fund invention and even patent it.
Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by olufemi7onifade: 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
ekanDamie:
So this big thing will wash bitterleaf of 100naira.

Yes it can. Multiply by over 10 million people in the South East that cook bitter leave soup then you will understand what inventions mean.

Congratulations Son.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
This is what silly muslims up north call 'western education' kudos to the young lads,
Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by eTECTIVe(m): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2018
GoodMuyis:

Well Technological advancement and material availability makes it easier to manufacture smaller device this days as per requirement. Funding is not an excuse for inventing what the world will not dare use. If that can work more on the design they could produce a smaller version, they can even design cheap plastic portable model that will not use power.

Their invention is a good start, but too early for publicity and needs a lots adjustment

Pls take you time and watch Shark Tank Series. Guys use their money to fund invention and even patent it.

Some of U sef... Where do U expct those kids to get funding from go create ur perfect model device? Dey need publicity to improve on their invention. D so called Shark Tank U mentioned, isnt it to publicize d inventions of those appearing on d program? Is there any such program here in Nigeria or Africa dat U are aware of?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by chrisb2r200: 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
eTECTIVe:

Useless?? Are U for real? Is d cassava processing machine useless on d long run becos not everyone eats garri nd fufu? Dont U realise since it washes and drains d liquid it can as well do same for every other leaves and vegetables??

Some of U sef... D first computer invented was as big as a room. D first set of fones were not as dey are now. D first blenders we used to have was d mortar and pestle and d grnding stone...

With no funding and support dey came up with dat, wat do U think would happen wen dey can afford smaller parts? Dey are trying to solve a problem, try not to b one....
"They are tying to solve a problem, try not to be one....very polite way....please give man one origin. I will pay when buhari goes back to daura!
Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by phoenix45(m): 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
priceaction:
Nice attempt, but you can also use blender of smaller size to do the job and save you stress if you know how to. How do u expect our women to carry this thing to their house and still buy fuel, pay for servicing on top of 100 naira bitter leaves?
And if it multipurpose, it will be , lets assume,market friendly but if only restricted to bitter leaves then, it will be useless in the long run because not everyone like or eat bitter leaves.
To me it is just another nice attempt but in the long run likely useless.

so because its not portable for individual uses, hotels, restaurants and catering services won't dim it fit to make use of it ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by HandheldPlace(m): 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
People are thinking!
Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by igbobuigbo: 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
Ubaka Chukwuebuka said: “After washing the Bitter Leaf, we will Convert the bitterLeaf Juice(water) into Fertilizer(Liquid).

Good job, guys! However, while this prototype equipment will serve the purpose of processing onugbu (bitter leaf), the quote above cracked me up real good. The reason for the bitterness in the leaf is the presence of antioxidants that are medicinal and that may also have antimicrobial activity. There is no special fertilizer that can be made of plant materials solely. Organic carbon (aka organic [OM] matter yes, but OM is no fertilizer but a soil amendment). In terms of fertilizer from plant biomass, you can only get as much as you give. Nigerian soils are highly degraded and deprived of native nutrient stocks and the plants contain only as much nutrients as the soil has. This is ESPECIALLY so given the low use of chemical fertilizers in Nigeria, a country that uses only about 8% of the recommended fertilizer rate per hectare of land. Bottom line, you cannot produce fertilizer with any significant amount of nutrients from biomass recycling in Nigeria. It is all garbage in, garbage out.

All in all, Igbos always make me proud; we are the only truly innovative Nigerians

Please consult a patent lawyer to get a Nigerian (if not US or EU) patent for your invention. Otherwise, once the Chinese lay their hands on this it is copied, with no benefit to you. Time to reap from the little IP developed from Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2018
ariesbull:
There is still hope in the youths and also education in Nigeria , when two young siblings came together to think of how to solve a problem in the society using scientific innovation. In Anambra , a state that loves eating bitter leaf soup but washing out the bitterness of the leaf can be too tedious . The nightmare of many restaurants and caterers , with the inventions like this , life would be much simpler for Nigerians .

Two young men have invented an incredible machine in Anambra State. The young men who are from Anambra state invented a machine that washes bitter leaf.

The young men constructed a machine that can wash bitter leaf and convert the juice for medicinal purposes.

The men who are from Anambra state named the machine OGANIHU C². Oganihu is the Igbo word for progress, adding that the C2 stands for the first letters of their names.

OGANIHU C² inventors, Ubaka Chukwuebuka Patrick and Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick, stated that the machine washes bitter leaf and converts the juice into medicinal substances.
They revealed that the juice that is generated after washing bitter leaf can be used as liquid fertilizer, methanol and insecticides.

Ubaka Chukwuebuka said: “After washing the Bitter Leaf, we will Convert the bitterLeaf Juice(water) into Fertilizer(Liquid). We also uses its water(Juice) to Produce Methanol, Insecticides etc. The project is quite Mechanized. You don’t need to touch anything, it’s Automatic.”
https://etimes.com.ng/two-nigerian-young-men-invents-machine-that-washes-bitter-leaf/

Lol this is pure over engineering.Too much effort for something rather meaningless.
Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by YaxxVille(m): 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
Brilliant
Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2018
ekanDamie:
Kai
Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by GoodMuyis(m): 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
eTECTIVe:

Some of U sef... Where do U expct those kids to get funding from go create ur perfect model device? Dey need publicity to improve on their invention. D so called Shark Tank U mentioned, isnt it to publicize d inventions of those appearing on d program? Is there any such program here in Nigeria or Africa dat U are aware of?

They do it a lot in Kenya, thats part of point TonyeBarcanista is making to ascertain Kenya is better than Nigeria.

The boys could raise fund from friends/family if the invention is marketable people will buy.

My Brother start a company Nafarmfoods is objective is to produce powdered Tomato, he was able to archived this by creating a specialized oven to dry Kgs of Tomato in 4 hours, without burning, prior to this time he has being creating other stuff while he was younger.

If the boys could continue their creativity, they might do better stuff, but how many of them later came up with better one after media publicity.

If the boys can contact me, I have a better deal for them to raise money. Ayam Afonja Developergrin grin grin
Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by 2016v2017: 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
ariesbull:
There is still hope in the youths and also education in Nigeria , when two young siblings came together to think of how to solve a problem in the society using scientific innovation. In Anambra , a state that loves eating bitter leaf soup but washing out the bitterness of the leaf can be too tedious . The nightmare of many restaurants and caterers , with the inventions like this , life would be much simpler for Nigerians .

Two young men have invented an incredible machine in Anambra State. The young men who are from Anambra state invented a machine that washes bitter leaf.

The young men constructed a machine that can wash bitter leaf and convert the juice for medicinal purposes.

The men who are from Anambra state named the machine OGANIHU C². Oganihu is the Igbo word for progress, adding that the C2 stands for the first letters of their names.

OGANIHU C² inventors, Ubaka Chukwuebuka Patrick and Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick, stated that the machine washes bitter leaf and converts the juice into medicinal substances.
They revealed that the juice that is generated after washing bitter leaf can be used as liquid fertilizer, methanol and insecticides.

Ubaka Chukwuebuka said: “After washing the Bitter Leaf, we will Convert the bitterLeaf Juice(water) into Fertilizer(Liquid). We also uses its water(Juice) to Produce Methanol, Insecticides etc. The project is quite Mechanized. You don’t need to touch anything, it’s Automatic.”
https://etimes.com.ng/two-nigerian-young-men-invents-machine-that-washes-bitter-leaf/
Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by horia: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
priceaction:

Not disputing that, but if this machine is made for commercial purposes, yes, it may be useful in the market for someone who sells and squeeze bitter leaves but for personal uses, it will be useless because of the running costs and maintenance, not talking about spaces it will take, that's just a fact.
don't you buy washed bitter leaf from the market. Until it has been advanced it could still be used from one place.
Do you understand?
Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by victorioushands: 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
What sort of monotonous reportage is this bikonu? O well! I guess emotions were running high and low.
Kudos to them.
Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2018
ekanDamie:

How many people did the first plane ever built carry?

1 Like

Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by Nmaglit: 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
ekanDamie:

Lol. No mind me it was just funny. U are in d 21st century with me na. The slimmer d better.

the slimmer the better see ur mouth which one u don invent

1 Like

Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by Franky9584(m): 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2018
nice one at least for the lazy girls/ladies, but I prefer wen it's long long inside soup than wen it's like sliced vegetables....lolz
Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by donvicky2007: 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
PedroEastman:
so i will put this big thing in my kitchen just to wash bitterleaf because that is the soup i will be cooking everyday

It's not meant for those washing 5 leaves of bitterleaf, the machine is for industrial production. How many of us even processed bitterleaf at home before cooking, we all buy from the market, so the inventors are targeting people who are into bitterleaf business cox it will save time and energy for them and not kitchen women.

Also if you want to cook moi-moi you don't need to buy the grinding machine because of its size, instead you take it to those that grind beans and pay for the service.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by babasolution: 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
ekanDamie:

guy thats how inventions start,wat abt the computer of the 50's that were as big as a lister gen performing like a calculator,it starts from somewere

1 Like

Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by mechanics(m): 7:08pm On Apr 17, 2018
Kudos to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
priceaction:

Who is condemning their work?
Neither do I have time for someone who cannot differentiate between realities in this part of the world and sentiments. I stated my opinion and I still stand by that.
I think they are looking for investors too, you can try and support them by making huge investment in that. Good luck.

A lot of people still go out to grind their tomotoes and beans. What they invented must not be for home use.

1 Like

Re: Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine by sapeleboi(m): 6:59am On Apr 18, 2018
Good Germany loading...........................

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Huge Crocodile Killed In Uhonmora, Edo State (Photos) / High Tech Robot On A Russian TV Show Was A Man In Suit / Timilehin Daomi's Prototype Of Hydraulic-powered Collapsible 4th Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.