Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting The Freest Elections – Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting The Freest Elections – Babangida (287 Views)

Nobody Wants To Give Me Credit For June 12 '93 Election, Says Babangida / Babangida To Saraki: 'I Will Do To You What Your Father Did To Me' / Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting The Freest Elections – Babangida by oluwafemme129(m): 10:25am On Apr 17, 2018
Former Head of State Ibrahim Babangida has said he isn’t given enough credit for conducting the freest elections in Nigeria.

Speaking at an interview with Channels TV, IBB discussed the annulled 1993 elections.

The June 12, 1993, elections, often regarded as the freest and fairest elections in the history of Nigeria, had M.K.O. Abiola of the Social Democratic Party run against Bashir Tofa of the National Republican Convention.

Abiola had been believed to be the winner, but the Head of State at the time, Babangida, soon annulled the elections.

Babangida, speaking in the interview, said it’s often said that he annulled the elections, but no one gives him the credit for conducting the elections.

See the interview below:

Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting The Freest Elections – Babangida by Mynd44: 10:27am On Apr 17, 2018

(1)

Leadership Not Bread And Butter, You Must Work For It, Osinbajo Tells Youths / Economic Development: We’re Taking Ogun Beyond Nigeria ―amosun / Who Are The Presidential Aspirant For 2019? Meet Themx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.