Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,087 members, 7,953,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:57 PM

If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? (12534 Views)

Olawale Oluwo: Tinubu Vs Ambode - What Really Happened - Ex-Commissioner Reveals / If You Were Ambode, What Will You Do? / Tinubu Vs Ambode:What may happen if Gov. A. Ambode loses the primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by calddon(m): 1:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
its cosultancy...if they want my opinion LASG should pay

1 Like

Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Gangster1ms: 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
Waterways and Railways.. if possible underground railway tunnels and cable transport system.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by fatymore(f): 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
Build more bridges.. Expand the existing roads... laying more emphasis on the use of waterways and railways...

Making efficient use of traffic light.. Or using technology more...

Lastly taking lastma and all those Agberos away from road..but I doubt if government can take Agberos away cos they also have their own share out of the daily money..
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
All the laws to ease traffic congestion have been made.

The sole things is just "Strictly enforcing it"
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by PHIPEX(m): 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
1. Develop water ways
2. Decongest the port together with FGN by making other ports function.
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by goldbearer: 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2018
On the third mainland bridge for morning inbound let extra lane be open on the other side to motorist,we always have very low traffic moving out of island in the morning, so that those driving towards obalende after can use the lane, and reverse this routing for the evening outbound ,due to low traffic of people coming into the island.
Also the waterways needs lots of jetties ,to move more people on the waterways. More traffic lights and less round about. More brt routes to be introduced .
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Jethrolite(m): 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
All Lagos needs is a comprehensive rail system, this can be deployed underground, suspended or an hybrid system.

The system should be deployed on the most traffic heavy routes of Lagos-Ikorodu to Ketu to Anthony to, Costain to Akpongbon to Leventis to VI to Lekki to Epe. Another line should run from Badagry to Mile 2 to Coconut to Leventis, a link from Anthony to Oshodi to Cele to Mile 2.

The train line to Epe can link to a new town in Odogbolu or towns not as far.

I think these things are already being done though and it will all materialise in time. Lagos can not be fixed over night.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by YourNemesis: 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
sped1oro:
Were you meant to say 4th mainland Bridge?

Exactly sir.

The 4th shall be the greatest.
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
1. Ban okada

2. Ban danfo, kolope and keke.
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by bendike: 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2018
Remove the police checkpoint at akowonjo roundabout in front of fcmb causing hold up just to beg for money grin

1 Like

Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Bakynes24: 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
What Lagos needs is to open and construct more inner roads like that of London you can link one street to another and to the main road not like Lagos it's only one way to get to a destination.

Invite private participation, let people buy ferries to transport people across the Lagoon.

Interconnecting rail lines across various locations in Lagos.

Build more Flyover bridges

These will get rid of the traffic.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by joinnow: 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2018
Go and as fish why there is no traffic in water.
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Demzy4: 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2018
The major mode of transport in Lagos is road. The congestion in Lagos happen as a result of very few limited alternative mode of transport. Just imagine if trains actually exist and are efficiently utilized. Would you choose to go by road, knowing that you can go by train that will take to you to your destination within minutes?

What Ambode has to do is create alternative mode of transport. The amount of cars on the road keep multiplying approximately every month and the roads available cannot accommodate them, thereby causing congestion here and there.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Nwaohafia1: 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2018
solutionist:
One thing I would do if I were in Ambode’s shoes is this.

I would build jetties around Lagos in order to take advantage of the Inland Waterways. The inland waterways mode of transport has a great potential to decongest the roads.

Building jetties and acquiring ferries does not cost anything close to how much other mass transit transport infrastructure cost.

Building jetties is far cheaper than building Light trains, Cable cars or even building roads.

If I were in Ambode’s position, I will collaborate with the National Inland Watersway of Nigeria to build several jetties at Marina, Ikorodu, Lekki, Epe, Apapa, Oworoshoki, Ajah, Badagry, etc.

I will then invite the private sector to participate by bringing in ferries. These ferries must conform to the maximum safety standards.

This system will also create thousands of jobs. And I will establish a state agency that will be saddled with the responsibility of monitoring and managing the traffic on the waterways.

If this can be achieved, millions of commuters will be taken off the roads. And Lagosians won’t be wasting valuable man-hours in traffic.

My 2 Kobo.

Vie for President. we need people like you to turn things around.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by ladyF(f): 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2018
Potholes and bad roads cause most of the bottlenecks in Lagos. Let him fix that first.

Also, if accommodation was cheap, people would be living close to their workplaces as well so there won't be need for so many cars on the road doing 6-hour journeys everyday just to get to work. Solve this and see miracles happen angry
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Sterope(f): 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2018
There will always be traffic in Lagos. It is the curse of commercial and capital cities. It could be better if commercial transport sysyem is improved. There are way too many private cars.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by lextube: 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2018
The light rail transportation is a good idea that once completed, will really decongest traffic in Lagos.

Secondly, Gov Ambode should utilize the water ways in the state. Develop water transportation in Lagos, and make it very affordable for Lagosians to patronize by implementing the right policies while ensuring safety.

Finally the govt should find a way to fine danfo buses and drivers that park illegally on the road. Sometimes this illegal parking causes traffic, and with this fine, I believe it will deter danfo drivers and other drivers to stop parking illegally on the road.
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Ladipodeal: 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
Enforce Danfo and buses to pick passengers in designated parks

Insist that all residential house /hotels must have parking space instead of stores. You can only add store if you have parking space.
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Toosure70: 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
Separate the days the numbers that start with even and odd numbers will ply Lagos roads. And you're to pay 500 naira fee daily if you are to ply the road everyday, This will generate more revenue and reduce traffic. Check the agberos by breaking them, at list into 5 unions . Let Ambode chat me privately for the last solution.
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by lextube: 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2018
The govt should also include under ground railways in the future plan of Lagos transportation system. There's no mega city with this kind of transport infrastructure.
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Mulatta(m): 1:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
1. Clear out agbero and people selling on the road add more brt bus stops
2. Make street roads two way drive"new York pattern" not the one way drive we use
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by piagetskinner(m): 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2018
I will make the roads wider 8 lanes each.

I will ensure that the metro rail system is put into effective use.. this will reduce traffic on a huge huge level

in nigeria today, an average family has 2 to 3 cars the rich however have 10 cars and above. the issue is nigerians love to live an unnecessary luxurious life
which doesn't happen abroad
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by taland(m): 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2018
Build overhead bridge at Toyota (Osodi Apapa express way) and ensure nobody cross the express way.

That place is a nightmare daily from 5pm and I've been robbed twice in traffic in the process

Yellow buses activity around busstops is another nightmare. If these activities are regulated with strict rules and punishments there'll be less traffic
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by RGem(f): 1:30pm On Apr 17, 2018
The city of lagos was badly planned from the onset. They should demolish everywhere and start over again angry angry
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Ayus4u(m): 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
create more flyover bridge
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by sirgalahad26(m): 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2018
create massive rail transport system, water jetties at the riverine areas, more buses on the roads, construct wider roads and more bridges.

make the transport systems inthe state fast,reliable, comfortable and cheap!
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by kmaster007: 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2018
does pple collecting money re d once causing d traffic. eg 1. Agbero running after bus to collect money. 2. Police stoping car on d roads to collect deir own dey also hv deir agbero boi collecting money for dem. 3. LASTMA self get deir own. bribe Evrywhr naija d country of corruption.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Ay04z(m): 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
solutionist:
One thing I would do if I were in Ambode’s shoes is this.

I would build jetties around Lagos in order to take advantage of the Inland Waterways. The inland waterways mode of transport has a great potential to decongest the roads.

Building jetties and acquiring ferries does not cost anything close to how much other mass transit transport infrastructure cost. Not
Building jetties is far cheaper than building Light trains, Cable cars or even building roads.

If I were in Ambode’s position, I will collaborate with the National Inland Watersway of Nigeria to build several jetties at Marina, Ikorodu, Lekki, Epe, Apapa, Oworoshoki, Ajah, Badagry, etc.

I will then invite the private sector to participate by bringing in ferries. These ferries must conform to the maximum safety standards.

This system will also create thousands of jobs. And I will establish a state agency that will be saddled with the responsibility of monitoring and managing the traffic on the waterways.

If this can be achieved, millions of commuters will be taken off the roads. And Lagosians won’t be wasting valuable man-hours in traffic.

My 2 Kobo.

noted

1 Like

Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by b4bola(m): 1:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
Nairalandmentor:
A BETTER NIGERIA BEGINS WITH YOUR VOTERS CARD.
Registration for new PVC has been suspended in Imota ( Ikorodu LGA). When the registration was ongoing, people go there in the midnight just to get "number". I don't know how to get in touch with the appropriate authority. I'll be glad if you can help.
We still have thousands yet to register for PVC.
Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Titay(f): 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
Bakynes24:
What Lagos needs is to open and construct more inner roads like that of London you can link one street to another and to the main road not like Lagos it's only one way to get to a destination.

Invite private participation, let people buy ferries to transport people across the Lagoon.

You make sense

Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by Titay(f): 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
You make sense.
Bakynes24:

Re: If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? by funtomiee(f): 1:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
cinoedhunter:
Divide Lagos into north and south grin grin
receive sense by fire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination / Jonathan: Nigerians Shouldn't Give In To Threats Or We Will Receed Into Facism / 2023: INEC Deploys Strategy To Curb Votes Buying At Voting Centers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.