Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Phones In Place Of Bibles In Church, Whats Your Say? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Phones In Place Of Bibles In Church, Whats Your Say? (573 Views)

We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International / Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? / China Shuts Down Christian Churches, Destroys Crosses, Burn Bibles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phones In Place Of Bibles In Church, Whats Your Say? by Eracy007(m): 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
This act has now graduated into a state of emergency. I was attending fellowship one day when a guy stood up to read the Bible from his phone, as if that was not enough, a call came in and he asked to be excused to receive the call. What do we think of these acts? Should it be encouraged or abolished?
Re: Phones In Place Of Bibles In Church, Whats Your Say? by dorox(m): 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2018
I don't like it, we should all be reading from hand scribed papyrus scrolls.

2 Likes

Re: Phones In Place Of Bibles In Church, Whats Your Say? by perousd: 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2018
Eracy007:
This act has now graduated into a state of emergency. I was attending fellowship one day when a guy stood up to read the Bible from his phone, as if that was not enough, a call came in and he asked to be excused to receive the call. What do we think of these acts? Should it be encouraged or abolished?
You think the original Bible was written in Papers or even had verses or chapters? Technology brought about change. Wake up from your self righteousness bro.

1 Like

Re: Phones In Place Of Bibles In Church, Whats Your Say? by Gggg102(m): 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
the Bible should be written on stone tablets.
it should not be divided into chapters and verses.
it should be hand written one by one and not printed and mass produced.
Re: Phones In Place Of Bibles In Church, Whats Your Say? by Eracy007(m): 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2018
perousd:

You think the original Bible was written in Papers or even had verses or chapters? Technology brought about change. Wake up from your self righteousness bro.
its not self righteousness @ all. I just feel its been misused because people now take the oppurtunity to operate thier phones in church.
Re: Phones In Place Of Bibles In Church, Whats Your Say? by perousd: 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
Eracy007:
its not self righteousness @ all. I just feel its been misused because people now take the oppurtunity to operate thier phones in church.
Okay. But I feel we should concentrate more on ourselves. If you look people ehnnnn. You go backslide.
A lot of anomalies in the church. God help us all

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Associative Man Of God In Nigeria / See what will happen to you when you overcome those your challenges / RE: Dangers Of Sleeping With A Married Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.