Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Republicans Who Won't Be Coming Back To Congress After 2018 Midterm Elections - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Republicans Who Won't Be Coming Back To Congress After 2018 Midterm Elections (511 Views)

‘Alien Corpses’ Shown To Congress As UFO Expert Forced To Testify Under Oath / American Women Go Nude To Rally Voters Against Republicans / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Republicans Who Won't Be Coming Back To Congress After 2018 Midterm Elections by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
Republicans who won't be coming back to Congress after 2018 midterm elections
By Kaitlyn Schallhorn | Fox News

After announcing last year that he would not seek re-election, Rep. Charlie Dent has decided to leave Congress before his term is finished.

"After discussions with my family and careful reflection, I have decided to leave Congress in the coming weeks," the Republican from Pennsylvania said in a statement.

Dent, 57, has served in Congress since 2005.

On average, 22 House members retire each cycle, Roll Call reported. But this year has seen a record number of GOP lawmakers leaving Capitol Hill, according to NPR.

Here's the list of Republicans, in the House and Senate, who have announced they will not seek re-election:

1. Joe Barton
Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX), manager of the Republican Congressional Baseball team, speaks at a news conference about the recent shooting in Alexandria, Virginia, on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., June 14, 2017. REUTERS/Aaron P. Bernstein - RC13444B1310
Rep. Joe Barton of Texas said he would not seek re-election. (Reuters/Aaron P. Bernstein)

Embattled Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas, announced on Nov. 30, 2017, that he was retiring from Congress.

Barton's announcement came after pressure for him to end his re-election bid mounted. Barton, 68, apologized after a nude photo of him surfaced on social media. He said he engaged in consensual sexual relationships while he was estranged from his second wife.

"I've always listened to people in Texas and worked for them in Washington, and I've been listening to a lot of people the last week in Texas," Barton told the Dallas Morning News in November. "There are enough people who lost faith in me that it's time to step aside and let there be a new voice ... so I am not going to run for re-election."ons

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/17/republicans-who-wont-be-coming-back-to-congress-after-2018-midterm-elections.html

Re: Republicans Who Won't Be Coming Back To Congress After 2018 Midterm Elections by Abbeybailey(m): 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

After announcing last year that he would not seek re-election, Rep. Charlie Dent has decided to leave Congress before his term is finished.

"After discussions with my family and careful reflection, I have decided to leave Congress in the coming weeks," the Republican from Pennsylvania said in a statement.

On average, 22 House members retire each cycle, Roll Call reported. But this year has seen a record number of GOP lawmakers leaving Capitol Hill, according to NPR.

Here's the list of Republicans, in the House and Senate, who have announced they will not seek re-election:

1. Joe Barton
Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX), manager of the Republican Congressional Baseball team, speaks at a news conference about the recent shooting in Alexandria, Virginia, on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., June 14, 2017. REUTERS/Aaron P. Bernstein - RC13444B1310
Rep. Joe Barton of Texas said he would not seek re-election. (Reuters/Aaron P. Bernstein)

Embattled Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas, announced on Nov. 30, 2017, that he was retiring from Congress.

Barton's announcement came after pressure for him to end his re-election bid mounted. Barton, 68, apologized after a nude photo of him surfaced on social media. He said he engaged in consensual sexual relationships while he was estranged from his second wife.

"I've always listened to people in Texas and worked for them in Washington, and I've been listening to a lot of people the last week in Texas," Barton told the Dallas Morning News in November. "There are enough people who lost faith in me that it's time to step aside and let there be a new voice ... so I am not going to run for re-election."ons

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/17/republicans-who-wont-be-coming-back-to-congress-after-2018-midterm-elections.html
What you and others like you don't understand is that Americans are waiting to take their pound of flesh from Repubikkans in November and that's why over 30 congressmen in the Republikkan Party are dropping out. It's gonna be a Blue Hurricane running through the Republikkan Party on November 6 and this Yankee can't wait to cast the worthless and the racist party into the Ocean of forgetness.
Re: Republicans Who Won't Be Coming Back To Congress After 2018 Midterm Elections by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

1. Joe Barton

2. Jason Chaffetz
FILE PHOTO: House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) listens to testimony during a committee hearing about the private email server of Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, used during her tenure as Secretary of State, on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., September 13, 2016. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst/Files - RC14D8B14550
Jason Chaffetz was a congressman from Utah. (Reuters/Jonathan Ernst)

Jason Chaffetz of Utah resigned from Congress in June 2017.

"My life has undergone some big changes over the last 18 months. Those changes have been good. But as I celebrated my 50th birthday in March, the reality of spending more than 1,500 nights away from my family over eight years hit me harder than it had before," Chaffetz said at the time.

He later signed with Fox News as a contributor. John Curtis, a Republican, won a special election in November to replace him.

(1) (Reply)

Video: North Korean Leader And South Korean Leaders Meets First Time In 65 Years / US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban On Some Muslim-Majority Nations / US President Accuses Opposition Party Of Trying To Snatch Ballot Boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.