Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past (27200 Views)

Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / Hate Speech Bill: Ibrahim Babangida Nobody Says Can Muzzle Nigerians / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Jerrydox(m): 9:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
I could feel the pains in his words. A life full of regrets.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by EagleNest(m): 10:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
His past stinks. He set Nigeria backwards by his dirty deeds. Not only annulment that torments him. But he watered corruption seeds to multiply and spread. He is an evil genuis in deeds, not in words.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by desgiezd(m): 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
The day IBB annulled that election, he unwittingly annulled himself along with it and succeeded in making himself totally irrelevant in this Country. I am so glad that he himself knows that nobody believes him, I am also very glad that he knew that nobody will read his biography because of his inglorious past.

Till date, he has not told Nigerians the real reason for annulling that election. All he has been telling us is that he will one day tell us the people behind the annulment but in spite of his promises, he has not been man enough to reveal the names as he has been promising.

He dribbled Nigerians so much that he was nicknamed Maradona. He was enjoying it until he dribbled himself. The moment he dribbled himself, the game for him ended! That memory, that regret will continue to hunt him for the rest of his life!

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by authority2006(m): 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
IPOB and PDP youths will read it because, you're now one of their role models.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by lokho(m): 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2018
I still don't know the kind of death that will kill that bastard. He folded up a bank in 1995 containing my dad's 8million naira.
Olori buruku
May he live to witness all his generation perish in his life time

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by laudate: 10:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Politics appears to be your thing.

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by laudate: 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
LegDoLand:
According to him, he wanted his regime to be the last coup-ushered regime, hence he was worried that if he installed a new democratic government, it would be toppled over by another set of coup-plotters

Don't mind him...he lied. sad By handing over to Abacha, how was he sure that the next military regime would not be toppled, by a different set of coupists? Would IBB have locked up all the soldiers inside the barracks, and gone away with the keys, in order to prevent them from staging another coup?
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
Gangster1ms:
A former military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida, says Nigerians no longer take him seriously because he annulled the June 12,1993 Presidential election adjudgedas the most credible election in the history of Nigeria. Babangida said this during a programme on Channels Television titled, ‘Roadmap 2019’ on Monday. When asked if he would publish his biography soon to tell his story, Babangida said nobody would read it because of his past.

When asked to explain further if it was true that people dismissed his words because of the annulment of June 12 election, he said, “That is right. They say, ‘he cancelled the freest election in the history but he annulled it’ but nobody gives me credit for conducting the freest election in the country.” The former maximum ruler said he was hopeful that the younger generation would understand why he annulled the election.

He added, “We try to rationalise why we did what we did but nobody is prepared to listen to us. So, it is a matter of time. One day, the younger generation will say they have heard one side and want to hear the other side of the story. “Maybe by then we will have a better society that is prepared; that is well-informed of what happened within a period of their existence. They will then be able to say this is the true story.”

http://punchng.com/nobody-will-read-my-biography-because-of-my-past-ibb/

Abiola's close friends were people like Abacha, Babangida, TY Danjuma, etc.

He brought his death upon himself.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by donb06: 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
Who is abiola sef.... The man that paid for a ship of bible to be sunk Mtcheeeew by now devil go dey roast em nyash for hell fire......nwerey
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by oderemo(m): 11:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
Nobody will read it, including that of buhari and obj.
Reason is that u guys are vision less moreso u pillage what belongs to us all.
U guys supposed to rot in prison.
But it is wat it is.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by SalamRushdie: 11:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
muykem:
The man is getting old so he can not reason well again. Stupid man saying he annulled most peaceful election in Nigeria history to save the country.

But didn't he save Nigeria from going under from Buhari in 1985?
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by SalamRushdie: 11:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
EagleNest:
His past stinks. He set Nigeria backwards by his dirty deeds. Not only annulment that torments him. But he watered corruption seeds to multiply and spread. He is an evil genuis in deeds, not in words.

Go and read your history again and you realise that it was Buhari misrule in 1984 that entrenched corruption and not Babangida

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by bekpo(m): 1:12am On Apr 18, 2018
Your past will continue to hunt u, even to ur grave. Wicked man.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by bekpo(m): 1:14am On Apr 18, 2018
donb06:
Who is abiola sef.... The man that paid for a ship of bible to be sunk Mtcheeeew by now devil go dey roast em nyash for hell fire......nwerey

Where u there, u saw it?

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by hzqgewchan: 1:58am On Apr 18, 2018
Wei Shao triple 25+18+13 Thunder captures the warmth towards fastening typically the playoffs

Typically the NBA routine summer lasts. The warmth tried against the Thunder inside your home, not to mention NFL Jerseys typically the Thunder last of all overcome her competitor with the help of Lane Johnson Jerseys 115-93. Jordan Matthews Jerseys Thunder towards fastening typically the playoffs, Granville Williams scored typically the 25th triple-double: 23 ideas not to mention Philadelphia Eagles eighteen rebounds not to mention 13 provides help, George tenty-seventh ideas, Anthony 11 ideas not to mention 5 rebounds, Coffee maker 6 ideas, check out rebounds Josh Huff Jerseys not to mention check out steals, Grant making 18 ideas not to mention 5 rebounds. Gambling Raise the temperature of Richardson eighteen ideas, Whiteside 14 ideas, 8 rebounds not to mention 3 inhibits, Taylor Jordan Hicks Jerseys 12 ideas, check out rebounds, check out provides help not to mention 3 steals, Winslow 12 ideas not to mention 9 rebounds, Wade 6 ideas not to mention step 2 rebounds.

The pioneer one started, 7 or so minutes not to mention 13 a few seconds, experienced some forward because of Westbrook, Abrinis succeeded in any three-pointer. In your in 7th place hour not to mention thirty-nine a few seconds, Dragic developed some missing out on fault not to mention was basically intercepted from Jerome Browning Jerseys Coffee maker. By 10 Jay Ajayi Jerseys or so minutes not to mention 53 a few seconds, George fouled Wade in any strike not to mention sent typically the Gambling step 2 complimentary organizes. Typically the Thunder developed some silly encounter at the recurring. This unique one, many procured 18 rebounds, Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys among them 7 attack rebounds. Particularly, George given step 2 rebounds. Thunder routinely assaulted typically the cart not to mention experienced 10 complimentary organizes, LeGarrette Blount Jerseys some 7-point penalty and then a complimentary put together share from 75. 00%. In your to begin with one, the warmth only took typically the live with the help of 27-21.

In your further one, with the help of 1 hour not to mention 34 a few seconds, Adebayor fouled Grant making not to mention strike typically the Thunder step 2 complimentary organizes. In your to begin with hour not to mention 50 a few seconds, Wade seemed to be missing out on an error not to mention was basically intercepted from George. By 1 hour not to mention 59 a few seconds, George passed away some forward because of Patterson's three-pointer. The warmth tried some consistent meet. Through Kenjon Barner Jerseys this unique spot, typically the organization performed Jason Peters Jerseys 8 provides help. Particularly, Dragic posted 3 hands for the purpose of your partner's teammates. Typically the Thunder scored two to three ideas in any row. Typically the organization scored 10 three-pointers through this spot, and then the picture taking share was basically 50. 00%. Thunder routinely assaulted typically the cart not to mention experienced 10 complimentary organizes, some 7-point penalty and then a complimentary put together share from 75. 00%. By halftime, the warmth only took typically the live for the purpose of 52-49.

Old flame situ campaign, the pioneer hour, Taylor forward, Richardson arrive at some three-pointer. By 3 or so minutes 30 a few seconds, Whiteside fouled George not to mention sent Thunder Jaylen Watkins Jerseys only two complimentary put together quest. In your third hour not to mention 55 a few seconds, Taylor tucked not to mention wasted typically the sphere not to mention was basically taken off from Westbrook. Typically the Thunder scored two to three ideas in your storm. Typically the organization scored 12 three-pointers this unique one, nonetheless picture taking quote was basically basically thirty three. 33%. Subsequent to two to three sectors, the warmth xmas trees from 81-76. In your finally one, 8 or so minutes not to mention forty six a few seconds, with the help of Tyler's provides help, Wade scored step 2 ideas for the purpose of dunking. Through 9 or so minutes not to mention 50 a few seconds, Brandon Johnson fouled Grant making not to mention sent Thunder only two complimentary organizes. By 10 or so minutes not to mention twenty one a few seconds, Wade developed some missing out on fault not to mention was basically intercepted from Coffee maker. Thunder routinely assaulted typically the cart not to mention gained 15 complimentary organizes, fifteen complimentary organizes not to mention 93. 33% out of your complimentary put together lines. Typically the Thunder developed an outstanding look through this spot. Typically the team's picture taking share come to sixty-four. 71%, of which provides great improvements over typically the Heat's 31. 00%. Grant making basically scored 12 ideas through this spot. In the final analysis of this performance, Thunder exhausted the warmth 115-93 towards triumph the game play.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 18, 2018
AnonyNymous:
Guy, leave us alone na grin
abi na, as we dey patch life, make IBB allow us rest, he no go surrender how stolen billion to help our economy so why disturbing us with sympathetic story na

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Azam101: 3:29am On Apr 18, 2018
Common sense is not common. Ibb he is a disgraced to Generals, disgraced to fellow mankind. the so called Bastarrrrd brought Nepotism, religious intolerance to Nigeria even the biggest of all corruption. He would die with regrets.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Azam101: 3:32am On Apr 18, 2018
donb06:
With this ur crap am very sure u were still sucking boobs wen it was annulled.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by desgiezd(m): 4:50am On Apr 18, 2018
IYANGBALI:
I was not burned when he was the president, pls what did he did that time?

Sgwin:
He cancelled the election because he knew that yourubas is a betrayers just watch what buhari will do to his vice.. stupid bad belle people

If not for the ruination of this Country and it's institutions especially Education, during IBB's regime, Nigerians would not be writing meaningless sentences like the above quoted. He destroyed every good thing he met on ground before he was chased out from Aso Rock Villa!!

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by NovusHomo(m): 5:22am On Apr 18, 2018
Regrets, regrets; apologize gap-toothed one. You brought Nigeria to where she is now.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by drnoel: 6:01am On Apr 18, 2018
Mariangeles:
You damn right! angry

On the contrary that's the very reason why it will be read. He was there during the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th republic. He was there during most of the tragic events on the country. People will want to know what sides he took.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by jajaofafrica: 7:37am On Apr 18, 2018
Bastard Traitor Thief....God punish you...the damage u did Nigeria atill never recovered
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Hayome21(m): 7:42am On Apr 18, 2018
Sure
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by ndubueze92(m): 8:02am On Apr 18, 2018
Sobriquet Maradona, we read about June 12, SAP and all the other heinous acts.
IBB conspired with others and murdered sleep in Nigeria, they shall sleep no more.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by richard69(m): 8:23am On Apr 18, 2018
He added, “We try to rationalise why we did what we did but nobody is prepared to listen to us. So, it is a matter of time. One day, the younger generation will say they have heard one side and want to hear the other side of the story. “Maybe by then we will have a better society that is prepared; that is well-informed of what happened within a period of their existence. They will then be able to say this is the true story.”

[/quote]The younger generation will only understand when you tell us what really transpired.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by cerpvad(m): 8:28am On Apr 18, 2018
Gangster1ms:
A former military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida, says Nigerians no longer take him seriously because he annulled the June 12,1993 Presidential election adjudgedas the most credible election in the history of Nigeria. Babangida said this during a programme on Channels Television titled, ‘Roadmap 2019’ on Monday. When asked if he would publish his biography soon to tell his story, Babangida said nobody would read it because of his past.

When asked to explain further if it was true that people dismissed his words because of the annulment of June 12 election, he said, “That is right. They say, ‘he cancelled the freest election in the history but he annulled it’ but nobody gives me credit for conducting the freest election in the country.” The former maximum ruler said he was hopeful that the younger generation would understand why he annulled the election.

The evil genius is certainly regretting his actions. But what does he want to achieve by crying over spilled milk. Nigeria will never forgive you, evil genius.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by cerpvad(m): 8:30am On Apr 18, 2018
desgiezd:

If not for the ruination of this Country and it's institutions especially Education, during IBB's regime, Nigerians would not be writing meaningless sentences like the above quoted. He destroyed every good thing he met on ground before he was chased out from Aso Rock Villa!!
grin grin grin
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 18, 2018
NO SIR.....WE WON'T READ IT!! YOU ARE NOT A MAN WHO STANDS BY HIS WORDS!!
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by laudate: 10:54am On Apr 18, 2018
richard69:

The younger generation will only understand when you tell us what really transpired.

Gbam! Na true word you talk! wink Let us pray God gives IBB the courage to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, before he crosses over to eternity!
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by orunto27: 11:52am On Apr 18, 2018
Your Contributions to Progress, Growth and Development of Nigeria is enormous and acceptable to Elite Nigerians.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by EagleNest(m): 5:48am On Apr 19, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Go and read your history again and you realise that it was Buhari misrule in 1984 that entrenched corruption and not Babangida

I don't need to read history, I was there. Am not a baby.

I can tell you that corruption actually pre-dated both military men, in fact the Shagari/ Ekwueme govt started the mess which eventually lead to their overthrow.

But at the turn of Babangida, he took corruption to a new level that seems today irreversible. He is silent now and behaves as if repented but if you ask me who institutionalised corruption, I will point him.

That's why he said no one will read his biography because of his past. His past as military president was not good.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#Saraki: Osinbajo In A Meeting With IGP Idris, SSS-DG Daura, AGF Malami / Buhari: Peace Of Niger Republic Must Matter To Nigeria / Dele Momodu Celebrates 55th Birthday With Wife And Children (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.